FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              507      
       509              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

charles.K
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.508 #1 · p.508 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Carsten, yes interesting link! I have seen some good prices advertised for the M9's, but you don't really know the histories of them. With the avalanche of new gear arrival, it is so easy to caught up and want to try everything The M9 for my immediate needs is fine. The lenses, IQ and work flow is great now with the M9, and no doubt it would change considerably with the M10 or M-M. My lash out landed a RX100, not too expensive, and very nice companion when I don't take the M9. Other than needing a DSLR, which is a very different need, most of shape factors and ergonomics of the new gear, are about the same as the M9, but with a smaller sensor albeit with better high ISO performance

Ron, wow... love the textures and details in these shots, particularly the last shot

Aug 18, 2012 at 03:34 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.508 #2 · p.508 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Yes, I too really like these textures Ron!

Aug 18, 2012 at 04:22 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.508 #3 · p.508 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Here's a change from my usual... visiting friends with kids again:

First three are 28 Cron 1/500 @ f/8 ISO: 160

21 Lux 1/250 @ f/11 ISO: 160

21 Lux 1/180 @ f/6.7 ISO: 160

21 Lux 1/250 @ f/11 ISO: 160

90 Summarit 1/250 @ f/11 ISO: 160

28 Cron 1/125 @ f/8 ISO: 160

Aug 18, 2012 at 06:31 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.508 #4 · p.508 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, you have tons of wonderful picture shown in past few pg. I really enjoy watching your contribution in this thread. I also enjoy the set above. Looks very familiar to me (I have tones of family picture in the park in my hard drive )
Charles, look forward to see more from you from Asia trip. How you compare the Sony's file to Leica M?

No new picture to share.

I am really missing my M9, Leica will CLA my M9 and fix 50ux focus free of charge, even surprise me is 90 Elmarit, which is about 10 years old and at least 2nd owner, they also do the CLA for me free of charge. Only thing they will charge me is 50cron Rigid. $270 for CLA. I am expect to have whole set back at early of Sep.

As for M9/M9-P discount, I think that means they must discontinue them soon. Though apparently, It is not surprise they offer discount at this stage, both M body and M lens are not moving recently. Can you imagine big dealer like BH/Amazon has 50lux in stock before? I guess that from so many Mirrorless offers and D4/D800 and 5DIII/1Dx, all happening now.

Even though the price/performance is really low in M world, like everybody else here, I am also very satisfied with M9, it is the greatest/best photography tool to me so far. Technology wise, it is very dated, the M9 sensor is also SOSO to me, maybe it has some special color character of CCD, but I feel it is not as good as Canikony current offer for sure.

But, but, the whole shooting experience is really a joy. 18M CCD FF sensor without AA filter is a very sweet for fast glass shooter; manual access for both aperture and shutter is a joy; Lens size is small and focus is easy for 50mm and wider; a dream machine for 50mm shooter: compose advantage is very obvious and there are so many good 50mm lenses with different rendering available for lens 'freak'. These really compensate everything else to me.

I really miss my M, though it only left about 3 weeks. Like most people into it, I will never leave M

Aug 19, 2012 at 06:32 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.508 #5 · p.508 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, you make magic from kids shots! Love them It would be challenging to compose with the 21 Lux!

Michael, the files from the RX100 are very nice, but they are not as robust as the M9's.

More shots from Bangkok, some from this morning at Wat Pathum and Wat Suhat temples with the 24 Lux and 50 Nocti f/1.0

Edited on Aug 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM · View previous versions

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.508 #6 · p.508 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Some more shots

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.508 #7 · p.508 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Last set, I promise with the 50 Nocti f/1.0. Thanks

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:17 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.508 #8 · p.508 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Charles. The portraits with the model are really great. The Nocti is very complementary. Same with the monks - I really like the first one, the full body vertical, as well as the monks seated at the table. Seems the Nocti and 24 Lux make a nice travel combo for your style.

Thanks Michael. Kids are fun to photograph in part because there isn't any self-consciousness at this age. They just do what they want. It will be interesting to see how lens availability is affected by whatever Leica announces in the next few weeks. I think a lot of photographers have realized that for many of the CSCs available now, that either native lens options are as good or better, or adapting M lenses result in considerable compromises from certain combinations, particularly when it comes to edge sharpness. And, naturally, many are very price conscious. It doesn't really make sense to spend $4000 on a 50 Lux ASPH when a $300-400 45mm f/1.8 will outclass it on a m43 sensor. Having used M lenses on APS-C for a bit, my realization was that at least Leica's M glass really is optimized for full frame coverage.

Some more, though different friends and different kids...

28 Cron 1/125 @ f/5.6 ISO: 320

And compare the above at f/5.6 to what you can get with the 21 Lux wide open - quite the difference. Of course if I had shot the 28 Cron wide open it too would provide a lot of separation at this distance, but still, I'm impressed with the 21 Lux by how much background information (context) is retained while providing separation. I think this was done at close to minimum focusing distance:

21 Lux 1/2000 @ f/1.4 ISO: 160

21 Lux 1/750 @ f/1.4 ISO: 160 for the next two

21 Lux 1/2000 @ f/1.4 ISO: 160 - a bit of flare..

50 Lux ASPH 1/1000 @ f/1.4 ISO: 160

50 Lux ASPH 1/750 @ f/1.4 ISO: 160

Aug 19, 2012 at 04:57 PM
seekuh
• •
p.508 #9 · p.508 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ron, very nice images. Like almost all of them but prefer the rendering of the 21 Lux over the 28 Cron.

Would like to comment on the photos of the other users as well but am very busy currently. However, had about two hours yesterday morning to take some photos in Hamburg. Will post them once I have the post-processed and will take the time to give feedback on your photos, guys.

Aug 19, 2012 at 05:39 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.508 #10 · p.508 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

It was some time since I posted here, that's for sure.

Ron, very nice photos of the kids. I think the second one in the last set is my favorite, great expression on the kids face

Charle, great work with the Noctilux. First portrait of the monk and also first of the model are my favorites.

Here is one from today with the 50 Lux and one from a few weeks back with the 35 Lux.

Broken

Green on green

Aug 19, 2012 at 07:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

seekuh
• •
p.508 #11 · p.508 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

So here are some photos I took yesterday morning in Hamburg. Got up very early because I had to leave Hamburg at about 9 am. I was rewarded with a nice sunset and very pleasant light. Hamburg is such an exciting city, in particular for taking photos. I live in Munich and think the city is nice but in my view there is so much more to experience in Hamburg.

50 Noctilux (obviously stopped down):

50 Noctilux:

50 Noctilux:

24 Summilux (see the little patch on the ground? that's where I focused and started to jump to take this self-portrait):

Aug 19, 2012 at 08:28 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.508 #12 · p.508 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very nice shots, seekuh, but why so serious?

Aug 19, 2012 at 08:31 PM
seekuh
• •
p.508 #13 · p.508 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

carsten, thank you. No idea at all why I look that serious. ;-)

Aug 19, 2012 at 08:38 PM
seekuh
• •
p.508 #14 · p.508 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Here's a monochrome version (M9, not M Monochrom):

Aug 19, 2012 at 08:44 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.508 #15 · p.508 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

In this case, I much prefer the colour version.

Aug 19, 2012 at 08:58 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.508 #16 · p.508 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice series, seekuh!

Aug 19, 2012 at 09:30 PM
deang001
• • •
p.508 #17 · p.508 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Some amazing shots on this thread.

I bought an M8.2 and a 50mm Summilux ASPH over the weekend (my first Leica camera & lens) and went to one of my favourite places in Hong Kong to try it out .. the Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian Gardens.

L1010261 by deang0001, on Flickr

L1010278 by deang0001, on Flickr

L1010233 by deang0001, on Flickr

L1010206 by deang0001, on Flickr

L1010197C by deang0001, on Flickr

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.508 #18 · p.508 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Charles, Ron

Ron, sometimes its better to walk, ie more photo opportunities. Can't tell that you shot the 28Cron through the windows. Love that 28Cron set you posted. #2,3,4,7 are my favorites. Composition on 2&4 is great! Another excellent set with the sunset, somehow I like the 28Cron one best in terms of rendering. Magic dust in glass? The 2nd last set and last set with the kids are also excellent, on the first set, a bit of "Magnum-ish" framing to #1? 1,2, 5 & 7 are my favorites from this take. #3 is my favorite on the 2nd set.
Charles, very nice still life shots from Tainan. I like the mood and feel to those 2 shots with the Nocti. Those Bangkok monks and model portraits continue to impress, excellent work!
Jonas, good luck! Enjoyed your M8 pics. Maybe you'll be back sometime in the future.
Joanlvh, nice shot with the X2.
Michael, hope your M9 returns soon.
Joakim, #2 is excellent. Nice shot.
Seekuh, very nice set#1 and your portrait are my favorites. Isn't it risky to leave your M9 and 24Lux on a tripod and open road?
deang001, congrats on your M8. Nice set to start off with, the last shot is my favorite.

-----
Good to know that prices on the M9 are coming down, maybe a good time soon to get a backup body. I don't really "need" a M10 even-though there are issues with the M9. Although it would be nice to have the high ISO improvements, better buffer, etc but it depends on how much it cost, but then again, the M9 is still a very good camera especially shot at the lower ISOs. If the M10 has a CMos sensor, I speculate that the M9 will not be phased out - just yet, because Leica would still be using the same base sensor and body for the M Mono? The M Mono might be a different story for me... but I still have a hard time justifying those prices Leica charges.. but those B&W files are gorgeous.

I agree with almost everyone else who has positive impressions of the RX100, my jaws dropped when I loaded the pics into LR4 the first time. My jaws just dropped again after I finishing my first 13x19 print using the jpegs. Really impressed and I dare to confidently show prints shot on the RX100 next to the M9 at this size and it will be hard for many to tell them apart at lower ISOs (probably apart from the regular FM'ers who pixel peep ). If only it had a slot for an optical VF....

Aug 20, 2012 at 03:55 AM
joe88
• • • •
p.508 #19 · p.508 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

opps, forgot to post a picture with my verbose

50Cron pre-ASPH

Aug 20, 2012 at 03:59 AM
vovkinson
• • •
p.508 #20 · p.508 #20 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I like them all. Great images!
rscheffler wrote:
Thanks Charles. The portraits with the model are really great. The Nocti is very complementary. Same with the monks - I really like the first one, the full body vertical, as well as the monks seated at the table. Seems the Nocti and 24 Lux make a nice travel combo for your style.

Thanks Michael. Kids are fun to photograph in part because there isn't any self-consciousness at this age. They just do what they want. It will be interesting to see how lens availability is affected by whatever Leica announces in the next few weeks. I think a lot of
...Show more

Aug 20, 2012 at 01:06 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password