Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              504      
       506              1004       1005       end

Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

charles.K
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.505 #1 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I am now in Bali, in Ubud for some R&R

Ron, amazing series of shots! Love the different and variety of styles Great dreamy effect with the 1952 Summarit. This the what is so great about the M series of lenses. You have so much choice, be it sharp or dreamy.

Ryan excellent set with the 75 Lux!!! Love the shots with 35 Cron too

Andrew, very nice set! I gather you are slowly becoming hooked
Ryan, nice desert capture!
Michael, love that shot of your daughter

Some shots from Ubud, in Bali with the 24 and 50 Lux Amazing waking up in the morning with monkeys from the temple looking for last night's leftovers!!

Apr 20, 2012 at 01:22 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.505 #2 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Excellent shots everyone

Charles, more excellent shots from Thailand and Bali! I really like the composition on your Bangkok street shot with the 50Lux a few pages back. Also, those 75Lux shots with the ND are also excellent!
Nate, more excellent shots from Myanmar.
Ryan, your 24 Elmar and 75Lux shots continue to impress me!
Zhangyue, congrats on the 50Lux ASPH. Excellent shots in the past few pages.
Luka, love those dance compositions and the experimental pp shots.
Ron, love those 30k run shots with the 21Lux! Also excellent set with the shadows and light switch and the abstracts, really nice compositions on all of them.
Ty, very nice shots with the 35Lux! Glad you like the lens

--------
Dune bashing in Emirates. M9 35 FLE

Apr 20, 2012 at 03:37 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.505 #3 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Charles, Joe

Charles - great shots! particularly like the B/Ws

Joe - get rid of the people and it looks like an advertisement.

First with the 28 Hexanon and next 4 with the 50 Hexanon:

Apr 20, 2012 at 05:46 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.505 #4 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Andrew - another meet would be great.

Ryan - thanks for the info. Your points seem to mesh with what I've found in my research and have started looking into the Canon lenses as well. At the moment I am undecided about longer than 50mm lens options, but would like to find a reasonable copy of the Nikkor 5cm f/1.4, based on the samples I've seen from it. Its rendering seems to be similar to the Summarit's but with better contrast and flare resistance. Plus I'd like to give a 50s era Sonnar lens a try. The Summarit is definitely a softer lens, both in sharpness and contrast when used wide open. As I mentioned, flare is a constant consideration. I've tweaked the files somewhat, but as mentioned, not a lot more than usual. Mostly just raised the black point when necessary.

The Hexanons look very nice with excellent color! Seems like you're exploring Leica 'alt' as well.

Charles - I love the last two wide angle portraits!

Joe - Looks like fun! Work or pleasure?

Just some shots from the neighbourhood... It was very windy a few days ago and while out for a walk at the park noticed some temporary fencing had been blown over. I liked how it pressed down on the grass and was warped in one section.

All M9 & 50 Lux ASPH

Apr 20, 2012 at 07:08 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.505 #5 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Nice sets Ryan and Ron!

It was work and pleasure Although I didn't have much time outdoors in the daytime and it was too hot anyway. I kind of regretted bringing only the M9. For night shots, it was too dark even with ISO2500 and f/1.4 and it is not nearly discreet enough for street shooting in the day plus the shutter was too loud. There was a warning to us everywhere including the hotel that it is forbidden to take pictures of locals without their permission, and if they complained to the police, you could end up in jail without trail for a few weeks

A few more with the 35FLE

Dubai Creek

nearby Gold Souk

Ryan, not trying to advertise for Toyota but I think the Land Cruisers passed the test. Was my first time at the dunes and it was an interesting ride, scary at times as some of the drops are close to 60-70 deg gradient and the drivers were sometimes sliding down sideways.

Apr 20, 2012 at 07:55 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.505 #6 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Charles - nice pics from Ubud. We were there last year and really enjoyed it. Much better than Bali IMO... My wife actually got a pretty nasty scratch on her neck when a monkey jumped on her back.

Ryan - Great colors out of those two lenses!

Ron - If I recall correctly, all the Nikkor 5cm f/1.4 ltm mount lenses were actually Sonnar design - 7 elements / 3 groups. There was also a f/1.5 version made which only a few hundred were made and therefore extremely rare. The f/1.4 is regarded to be more sharp than the f/1.5.

Apr 21, 2012 at 01:59 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.505 #7 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe, Ryan, Ron and Gary, thank you guys
Joe, very cool Toyota ad campaign!!! Would be so much fun Very nice street shots.
Ryan, really nice set! I do like the rendering of the 50 Hex.
Ron, very nice abstract set! Favs are #2 and 4

Apr 21, 2012 at 05:55 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.505 #8 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Joe, really like #2. Agreed about the M9's shutter in less crowded/busy/noisy locations. Would have been an ideal place for the GXR and it's silent electronic shutter mode... or an X100, or that GRD you didn't keep.
What's with the hoods? Letting them cool off?

Thanks Charles! I've heard Bali is nice. Haven't heard of Ubud. Will have to look into it. Many of my Taiwanese and Malaysian friends speak highly of Bali as a R&R getaway, especially compared to Thailand. I have yet to make it out there...

Gary, yes, that is what I meant. I guess I didn't write it clearly - that the Nikkor is a Sonnar design. Apparently the Canon 50s are not, other than a somewhat hard to find 50 f/1.5 that a guy in Singapore is supposedly hoarding for his massive camera collection...

A few more random images:

28 Cron, 50 Lux, 21 Lux, 50 Lux

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:32 AM
Tobin28
• • •
p.505 #9 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

M9 with 35 Lux FLE @f8

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM
charles.K
• • • •
p.505 #10 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ron, very neat shots!
Gary, I agree about the southern end of Bali, near Kuta. Ubud is quite an amazing place!
Ron, Bali is definitely worth visiting, but maybe Ubud, or the north end of Bali, around Lovina.
Tobin, nice composition

More shots with the 24 and 50 Lux

Apr 21, 2012 at 01:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.505 #11 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

I'm sure there are quite a few of you who have already seen this but Boris has posted some amazing landscapes with his M9 in this tread:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1106872

Apr 22, 2012 at 05:23 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.505 #12 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Ron, Joe, Gary, Charles

Ron - great set with the downed fence. Really like the first one

Joe - So you are warned about taking photos and then go out and do it Great set, #2 is excellent

Charles - great portraits, the B/W above is excellent. Overall great sets from Bali & Ubud

some with the 35 Nokton vII

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM
charles.K
• • • •
p.505 #13 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan, thank you Beautiful set of shots with the 35 Nokton II. Love the PP'ing and tonality!!

Shots with 24 Lux

Edited on Apr 23, 2012 at 01:22 PM · View previous versions

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
p.505 #14 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Beatiful colors in that set Ryan!

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:45 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.505 #15 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Charles, Gary

Charles - really like the first portrait and that food in the last shot looks delicious!!!!

More with the 35 Nokton....

and one with the 75 Lux

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Andrew Gough
• • • •
p.505 #16 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan, a nice beach set.
Charles, I like the artisan alley one! Also, the 24lux is sooo tempting, you make that lens sing.
Ron, number three with the chair is superb.

A few more from my walk about with Ron in Hamilton.

Andrew

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:36 PM
charles.K
• • • •
p.505 #17 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Ryan and Andrew, thank you guys! Much appreciated
Ryan, very nice set! Love that first shot, and the PP'ing
Andrew, really nice series from your walk! Great selection of lens renderings!!!

Shots this afternoon from the holy water temple, Tirta Empul - Tampak Siring Temple. With the 24 and 50 Lux

Apr 24, 2012 at 03:23 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.505 #18 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Tobin - great to see you back. Hope you're enjoying the 35 Lux.
Ryan - beautiful sets.
Charles - great portraits as always and nice to see a slice of what's happening at the temple.

Andrew - I really like that angle of the car. I just couldn't get that scene to work for me as well. Interesting to see the 50 Sonnar vs. 50 Lux ASPH differences. I finally wrapped up processing the set, so I'll join at about where you're at right now:

75 Summarit:

21Lux:

28 Cron:

90 Summarit:

28 Cron:

50 Lux:

See that gray rectangle on the door in the last couple images? It appears someone photographed that part of the door, printed the photo and stuck it on the exact spot of the door they photographed. At first I didn't think much of it, and didn't realize what it was, until I looked closer at the photo... and noticed I have another photo from another location nearby with another example of this artwork when I attended the art crawl about a week ago...

It must have been part of an art exhibit/project, perhaps related to an earlier art crawl.

Edited on Apr 25, 2012 at 12:55 AM · View previous versions

Apr 24, 2012 at 04:22 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.505 #19 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks Charles, Ron, Ryan.

Ron, I like the 28Cron and 21Lux shot from the first set on this page, very nice! The second set is also excellent, #6 & 7 are my favorites. Yeah they were cooling the engines midway through the ride. RPM was at redline most of the time. BTW, when did a 75 Summarit and 90Cron fall in your hands??
Tobin, congrats on your M9 and 35FLE combo. Nice shot!
Charles, more nice shots from Bali! #1 & 3 are my favorites from the first set and #3 is my favorite from the second set. The temple shots are also excellent.
Ryan, very nice sets with the CV 35 II. The first shot from the first set is my favorite. Love the composition and feel on this one! Reminds me of a breezy summer day by the beach.
Andrew, very nice set from your walk. #1 & 3 are my favorites.

----
A few more from Dubai. #1, 2 35FLE. #3 ZM21 2.8

Apr 24, 2012 at 07:45 PM
Andrew Gough
• • • •
p.505 #20 · Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

Thanks for the comments!

Charles, the last one in your set, is that from the 24mm Lux? Its a superb shot!
Joe88, I'm lovin' the grain!
Ron, Its so cool to see another photographers point of view! I scrutinized the area of your authorized parking sign shot, and didn't see much, and look at what I missed. I'll give you a shout about another meet up.

Cheers

Andrew

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password