FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              307      
       309              1380       1381       end

Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Morfeus
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.308 #1 · p.308 #1 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Simply amazing, Charles. Your images make me really wanting to visit Thailand, never been there. Thank you for sharing the story of your lunch meeting.

Jun 18, 2011 at 01:43 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.308 #2 · p.308 #2 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Joakim, thanks

Jun 18, 2011 at 01:43 PM
NikkorAIS
• • •
Account locked
p.308 #3 · p.308 #3 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Great work Charles. Thanks for sharing. One of my photo pals is on the fence on getting M9 and a 50 1.4 Summilux and I am using using your images to push him over the edge.

12 mm 5.6 ASPH

35 1.4 Summilux

Gregory

Jun 18, 2011 at 02:21 PM
Bobu
• • •
p.308 #4 · p.308 #4 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Charles and Joakim.

Charles, from your last series I like the first and the last image best, but the other two are also very good.

Today I visited again the Donau Classic. This time with a different lens. All shot M8 + Elmar 24 @ f/3.8.

Boris

Jun 18, 2011 at 05:29 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.308 #5 · p.308 #5 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Lovely cars. I am very partial to the red 956.

Jun 18, 2011 at 06:37 PM
rscheffler
• • • • •
p.308 #6 · p.308 #6 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Charles: Amazing experience! Great portraits here and on previous pages! This reminds me of a Woody Allen quote: "Eighty percent of success is showing up." I'm sure there was more to it that just showing up at the temple and making photos, but if one doesn't go out, one can't expect much... something I have to remind myself since I tend to be a homebody quite often.

Boris, very nice! I like the "Ur-Audi" on the previous page since I'm a bit Audi biased. I can see some family heritage in the modern Audis with the huge grilles. But as much as I like Audis, the Porsche (Nr. 29) is a beauty! BTW, if anyone is interested in info about the cars: http://www.donau-classic.de/images/pdf/Starterliste.pdf

The difference in character between yesterday's car photos and today's is also interesting. I suppose the lighting and weather had some influence, but today's are a bit bolder feeling. Did you change you post production much since yesterday?

Also, very nice work Gregory, Ryan, KL, joakim and Joe!

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:03 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.308 #7 · p.308 #7 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Gregory, Boris and Ron, thank you
Gregory, very nice work! Love the colours and richness Your friend cannot go wrong with the 50 Lux and M9

Boris, nice shots! Great cars!!

Joakim, nice set! Beautiful rendering

Ron, yes it was an amazing experience! As you said, if you just get out, not knowing what to expect, images and experiences just appear! Many nights in Bangkok, sitting after a long day's business I am usually thinking I'm too tired to get out, but the walk itself on a balmy evening, M9 and single lens, taking shots of street life is energizing for me. Some evenings the lighting is terrible, others great. But in the process, I am learning more about the M9 and lenses, and really what a great combo it is I will continue to be in touch with the Buddhist priests and see what further adventures and experiences will eventuate.

Jun 19, 2011 at 05:25 AM
Bobu
• • •
p.308 #8 · p.308 #8 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks Ron and Charles.

Ron, the weather was completely different and had for sure a big influence. Since it was raining on the second day the contrast of the lighting was much lower and I could do more in PP. On the first day I was always at (or over) the limit of the DR of the M8. But nevertheless the contrast of the Elmar 24 is higher and the colors are slightly more intense compared to the Lux 50.

Boris

Jun 19, 2011 at 02:16 PM
Morfeus
• • •
p.308 #9 · p.308 #9 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Horse with no Name.

M2, Nokton 50/1.5, Velvia 50

Horse with no Name by pictorlucis, on Flickr

Jun 19, 2011 at 03:07 PM
rsolti13
• • • •
p.308 #10 · p.308 #10 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Boris - love the car shots. My favorites are definitely in the 2nd day, the lighting is absolutely perfect for that lens. Great colors!

Charles - Absolutely stunning portraits! WOW! And what a great story and experience. Looking forward to more

Joe - nice shots with the 90. The giraffe is a great shot

Gregory - another nice set! The CV 12 works surprisingly well with the M9

Joakim - Love the 50 Lux shots. Rendering on #2 is beautiful

Heinz - Nice shot with the Nokton. That lens was a good choice for you

Paul - welcome back! I have been sitting here pixel peeping....looking for the bench. Its gotta be there somewhere Are you counting #1 as a bench shot?

Jun 19, 2011 at 03:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Paul Yi
• • • • •
p.308 #11 · p.308 #11 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Yeah....floating bench....

Jun 19, 2011 at 04:05 PM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.308 #12 · p.308 #12 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Paul Yi wrote:
BTW, how do you clean the dust on sensors?

In a video that showed how Leica assembles M9's, the staff used one of these sticky "stamp" tools to clean the sensor. I have a very small version of such a tool, but I guess a bigger one is more effective.

I think the general procedure should be:
1. Rocket blower for loose dust (and/or a statically charged sensor brush)
2. Stamp thingy to remove dust that clings to the sensor.
3. Wet cleaning remove dust that is "fused" to the sensor and other contaminants/oils etc.

For wet cleaning I use the SensorsSwipe from Copper Hill, which is much cheaper in use than the horribly expensive disposable sensor swabs. See http://www.copperhillimages.com/index.php?pr=tutorials The rocket blower takes care of most big dust particles though.

Jun 19, 2011 at 04:33 PM
denoir
• • • •
p.308 #13 · p.308 #13 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Boris, nice car series. The Volvo is my favorite for some reason ;D

Charles, excellent portraits.

Joe, Cool giraffe!

Joakim, vad för hjälte?

Heinz, we'll call him "Bob". Nice shot.

Paul, I use three things:

1) Rocket blower (works on occasion)
2) Compressed air (can be used safely but one must be very careful to hold the bottle upright at all times)
3) VisiebleDust sensor swabs and cleaning fluid (effective although pretty expensive as it usually takes me 2-3 swabs to get it 100% clear.

I do this on a regular basis as I'm really allergic to dust on the sensor.

Jun 19, 2011 at 05:13 PM
lovinglife
• • • •
p.308 #14 · p.308 #14 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
LL, nice shots with the 24Lux, especially the 1st one. How do you like this lens compared to the 21Lux?

Ryan, #2 and 4 are excellent!! Nice work!

Thanks Joe - The 21 and 24 and pretty similar. One difference is that the 24mm, because of the focal length produces a bit more bokeh wide open. Other than that they are very similar. I personally prefer the 24, since its probably the widest focal length for portrait use as well. They both seem equally sharp. The 24 is smaller--the 21 is pretty big (relatively speaking)

Here's another one with the 24mm Summilux

Jun 19, 2011 at 11:25 PM
denoir
• • • •
p.308 #15 · p.308 #15 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Nice LL

Due to poor weather and as I've been busy with other stuff I have not really had time to shoot the past couple of days.

Here are however some more assorted shots from the 90 AA test from the construction site.

One of the nice things with the 90 AA is that it's fully usable wide open for planar shots - it really has good corner to corner sharpness wide open:

Jun 19, 2011 at 11:40 PM
charles.K
• • • • •
p.308 #16 · p.308 #16 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Ryan and Luka, thanks guys
Heinz, nice shot! I really like the 50/1.5 Nokton
Luka, great examples with the 90 Cron AA!! I love how the lens rolls from being very sharp to OOF, particularly #2 and 7.
LL, nice shot!
Paul, welcome back! Very nice shots.
For dust, I found with my M9's, this was quite a problem. Both M9's have been to local camera service centres, that have the gear and micro scopes for thorough cleaning of the sensor. This has been done twice for each camera, and this is no longer an issue. It would seem that there is almost like an oily film where the dust adheres to when the M9 is new, but after couple thorough sensor cleans, the dust issue is only a loose dust issue, quickly resolved with the blower. My two M9's have been to Bali, and twice to Thailand with no dust issues now

Jun 20, 2011 at 02:40 AM
Paul Yi
• • • • •
p.308 #17 · p.308 #17 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

I think I will take it to the local camera repair shop as well.
Thanks for the kind words....

Jun 20, 2011 at 02:47 AM
singletrack
• •
p.308 #18 · p.308 #18 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Very nice shots LL, Joe, Charles, Luka, Greg, Joakim and Paul (hope i didn't miss out anyone)!
Paul, I find the Artic Butterfly quite helpful on trips - works on most dust bunnies and only the really stubborn ones require wet swabs
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/712189-REG/Visible_Dust_5964480_Arctic_Butterfly_724_Super.html
hope that helps

cheers

kl

Jun 20, 2011 at 02:52 AM
NikkorAIS
• • •
Account locked
p.308 #19 · p.308 #19 · Leica M/X/T/S/Q Picture Thread

Thanks you guys.

-LB][/url]

50 1.0 Noctilux

35 1.4 Summilux