Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5              8       9       end

Archive 2010 · Black & White (89 Images)

Miker Reid
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Black & White (89 Images)

I keep going back to 13.
Perfection.

Apr 21, 2010 at 05:02 PM
shelldemar

p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Black & White (89 Images)

OMG OMG OMG! Stunning!!

And gosh they are the best looking couple ever! How gorgeous is she?? And he's not shabby himself ;p

Apr 21, 2010 at 05:04 PM
scott shoemake
• • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Black & White (89 Images)

Evan, I think you know which ones you nailed and the ones that are meh. This is a good start for sure. The tonality on some is a little flat for me, but there are a few that really shine.
5,16, 44, 45, 48 and a few more. You really seemed to capture a broader tonal range in these and it is pleasant to my eyes. I think this is a killer start and you will only get better. Keep shooting film dude, seriously. I'll try to post the roll of Dela3200 that I shot at 1600 on the 645 this past weekend for comparison. I can't wait to see better scans of some of your shots too, I know that is holding them back a little.

Apr 21, 2010 at 05:53 PM
macko0708

p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Black & White (89 Images)

These photographs are absolutely amazing! Beautiful people, venue, ... everything looks perfect.

I wonder if they look so good because it is just plain great photography or it is the film factor. What makes you to shoot film? The experience or the look? If it is the look, what is so special about it? The grain? Dynamic range?

Apr 21, 2010 at 06:02 PM
oneforsorrow83
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Black & White (89 Images)

so much style in these. peter told me they were awesome, but that doesn't begin to describe them well well done evan. you're inspiring. -matt

Apr 21, 2010 at 06:30 PM
Sahid Limon
• • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Black & White (89 Images)

Evan,

You know I've been extremely anticipating this set from you ever since I heard you mention the idea. Now I finally got a glimpse of some of the images. The verdict? Take this with a grain of salt, but...

I think you should seriously quit digital, and do only film. These are not only great, but on another level altogether. You not only like classic b&w photos, but you understand them, know what makes them great, and most of all, appreciate them. Heck, most of your digital shots are b&w anyway, so why not? I was expecting a handful of good or "I got lucky" shots. However, seeing this set, not only proves your skill and talent as a photographer, but proves my personal theory, you and film belong together. I know I probably sound like huge suck up, but I don't know... this set just really feels special to me. I've been wanting to try film as well for a long time (but I like a mix of b&w and velvia color), but I just haven't done it since I haven't really seconded anyone. Maybe I can second someone this year and will be able to try my luck as well.

I don't know, just about all of them are really nice to me... but if I had to choose my absolute favorites, I'd say 4, 7, 13, 18, 31, 36, 41, 47, 78, 80, and 83. If the bride and groom appreciates art, I'm sure they'll be very happy with these. Hopefully I can see the sample album from this in person one day.

Apr 21, 2010 at 07:53 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Black & White (89 Images)

scott shoemake wrote:
This is a good start for sure.

I think this is a killer start and you will only get better.

Is this a joke Scott?

Apr 21, 2010 at 08:07 PM
spink
• • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Black & White (89 Images)

*bows.

So unreal I don't even know where to start. I feel dirty even trying to think about critiquing this set Evan.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?

Spencer

Apr 21, 2010 at 08:23 PM
VPell
• • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Black & White (89 Images)

Tony Hoffer wrote:
Is this a joke Scott?

i really hope so.

Apr 21, 2010 at 09:03 PM
VPell
• • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Black & White (89 Images)

...because i love horrible, unfunny jokes that make no sense.

Apr 21, 2010 at 09:04 PM
Tony Brown
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Black & White (89 Images)

damn.......at first I was like, WTF, why so many images. BUT wow.....beautiful set!!!

Apr 21, 2010 at 09:14 PM
DB
• • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Black & White (89 Images)

Yeah. I don't normally comment on posts 4 times. But seriously - this is one of the best weddings of all time in my book. I could really stand to learn quite a few things from you! They're just so classic and beautiful.

I could say more. But I don't have the time to comment on how much I love these.

Goodness, I feel like a fanboy.

Apr 21, 2010 at 09:17 PM
Tad Killian
• • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Black & White (89 Images)

Ballsiest set I've ever seen posted in here! No question. Evan just took all the big-namers to a whole-nutha-level. So much to say, but nothin. Can't talk right now.

Apr 21, 2010 at 09:26 PM
tmiller
• • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Black & White (89 Images)

I hear Evan is speaking about wedding photography in another state... =oP

-Tim

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:02 PM
unblinkable
• • • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Black & White (89 Images)

DB wrote:
Goodness, I feel like a fanboy.

At least it's for a good reason!!

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Black & White (89 Images)

Thank you all for the comments!

These images were developed in Ilford DD-X.

Many superb photographers have said kind things in this thread and I'm flattered and humbled.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:31 PM
Spencer_Fu
• • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Black & White (89 Images)

Honestly this is one of the best things I have ever seen on FM. Makes me want to shoot B&W on ISO 12000 on my 5D2 all the time.

Just joking around. No one wants to see ISO 12000 on a Canon. The B&W and film definitely add something to the images but you have something special that allows you to capture these documentary images. I can only imagine how crazy it must have been to shoot film after shooting how we do with digital.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:35 PM
kidtexas
• • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Black & White (89 Images)

Wonderful photos. Glad you decided to shoot film.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:37 PM
Sam Hassas
• • • • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Black & White (89 Images)

Today I took more pictures of my sons than I have all month. It was all in Jpeg and in B&W and at 4000ISO.

I'm so inspired.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:44 PM
tlbradford

p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Black & White (89 Images)

It was like viewing a wonderful documentary. I can imagine Ken Burns or James Earl Jones narrating this whole series as we see one beautiful image after another. Very inspiring.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:46 PM
1       2       3      

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.