Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              801      
       803              988       989       end

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

ltruong8
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.802 #1 · p.802 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Here is a cross-post shot taken using 35 1.4 and Nex 5N

Dec 18, 2012 at 03:59 AM
Ripolini
• •
p.802 #2 · p.802 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

dcjs wrote:
... I immediately thought "OneAnt". Your visual style (disturbing, sometimes bordering on the insane, and I mean that as a compliment) is really unique. Well done!

+ 1

te4o wrote:
@ Ripolini - some of your marvels look like Tirol, southern Alps in autumn - I love these leaves and golden forests! And the ancient town as well! Great moods.

Thank you.
Previous pictures were taken in Central Italy. However I love Tirol and I spend summer vacations in Osttirol. Here are few pictures from last summer:

100/2:

35/2:

100/2:

Dec 18, 2012 at 07:22 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.802 #3 · p.802 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

I love your Vietnam-park series, ltruong8!

Ripolini, that first shot is really great!

Dec 18, 2012 at 08:18 AM
Ripolini
• •
p.802 #4 · p.802 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks Carsten.

Dec 18, 2012 at 01:19 PM
OneAnt
• • •
p.802 #5 · p.802 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

I'm back to the 100/2 again ...Geez its nuts.

Dec 18, 2012 at 03:35 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.802 #6 · p.802 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks Ripolini and te4o. You guys are doing nice things with the 100MP.
ltruong8, I like the fog.
AlexDROP, congrats. Nice colors and contrast.

21ZE:

Spread your wings by Jochen-B, on Flickr

Dec 18, 2012 at 07:38 PM
te4o
• •
p.802 #7 · p.802 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks Jochen, from your T-tour I see how my Zeiss collection gets more and more expensive: I'll need to revisit all the places I have already been to without it... Nice BW from SGim as far as I think but possibly elsewhere too! I love stone textures too! Just like clouds.

Dec 18, 2012 at 07:50 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.802 #8 · p.802 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

te4o wrote:
Thanks Jochen, from your T-tour I see how my Zeiss collection gets more and more expensive: I'll need to revisit all the places I have already been to without it... Nice BW from SGim as far as I think but possibly elsewhere too! I love stone textures too! Just like clouds.

Thank you. It's indeed San Gimignano.
As much as I love all my Zeiss lenses, I'm actually thinking of selling some. It's a strange thought, but after every trip I'm so tired of lugging them around. The results make up for it, but try telling that to my back/shoulder.

Dec 18, 2012 at 07:57 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.802 #9 · p.802 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Haven't post here for a while. Mostly underwater.

Here is one with Planar 50

Dec 18, 2012 at 09:29 PM
te4o
• •
p.802 #10 · p.802 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Jochenb wrote:
As much as I love all my Zeiss lenses, I'm actually thinking of selling some. It's a strange thought, but after every trip I'm so tired of lugging them around. The results make up for it, but try telling that to my back/shoulder.

This is not a tragedy, I'd look at it in the flow of life, do change what you want to change. We all gain and loose all the time.
I do still have shoulders strong enough though... and I finally optimized my focusing technique with the MF Zeiss on the 5D3: as "simple" as Zacuto Z & Magic Lantern @3 with magic focus. So, no missed focus since.

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Grenache
• • •
p.802 #11 · p.802 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Ronny and te4o, thank you.

Those Aligator shots are amazing. The clarity!!!

Jim

Dec 19, 2012 at 04:11 AM
wiseguy010
• • •
p.802 #12 · p.802 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

te4o wrote:
This is not a tragedy, I'd look at it in the flow of life, do change what you want to change. We all gain and loose all the time.
I do still have shoulders strong enough though... and I finally optimized my focusing technique with the MF Zeiss on the 5D3: as "simple" as Zacuto Z & Magic Lantern @3 with magic focus. So, no missed focus since.

Jochen, I see you now have your Zeiss 35/1.4 for sale. That surprises me as you were very very enthousiast about this lens. And I could see that in some great pictures of you.

Zeiss lenses are indeed quite heavy and I can understand that it is sometimes too heavy. I now have replaced my shoulder bag with a rucksack and that did the trick for me. With the shoulder bag I couldn't walk large distances, but with the rucksack it is no problem at all. Even added with my new ZF.2 15/2.8 is is still a piece of cake. Perhaps you could give that a try.

Another thing I do (and did) is being selective with the lenses I take with me on a multi-day trip. I try to figure out what lenses are absolutely necessary for the place I am going to. Then I just takes those lenses (most of the times only 3) with me in a small case. For a trip to Prague this summer I only took the 21/2.8, 35/2 and 100/2. This worked out quite well.

Edited on Dec 19, 2012 at 01:43 PM · View previous versions

Dec 19, 2012 at 01:05 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.802 #13 · p.802 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

zhangyue wrote:
Haven't post here for a while. Mostly underwater.

Here is one with Planar 50
g

Lovely picture, Zhangyue!

Dec 19, 2012 at 01:41 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.802 #14 · p.802 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

wiseguy010 wrote:
Jochen, I see you now have your Zeiss 35/1.4 for sale. That surprises me as you were very very enthousiast about this lens. And I could see that in some great pictures of you.

Zeiss lenses are indeed quite heavy and I can understand that it is sometimes too heavy. I now have replaced my shoulder bag with a rucksack and that did the trick for me. With the shoulder bag I couldn't walk large distances, but with the rucksack it is no problem at all. Even added with my new ZF.2 15/2.8 is is still a piece of cake.
...Show more

Yes you're right Wiseguy, we even had a few heated discussions about it (which I don't mind BTW, in the end they're only lenses).
I love the 35/1.4 ZE, but the size and weight are starting to bother me. For my last trip it stayed at home and I'm mostly using it for planned shoots now.
Being selective with lenses is a good tip for everyone. I seldom take all my lenses with me.
A backpack indeed helps a lot, but still not enough for me because I have problems with my back.
I recently bought a Fuji X-E1 and I enjoy such cameras more for travelling. When I now look at my 5DII-35/1.4 combo it looks and feels even more huge.
Maybe I'll replace it with a Sony RX1. Small, FF and a nice rendering 35mm Zeiss lens. We'll see...

Dec 19, 2012 at 03:40 PM
dylan21
• • •
p.802 #15 · p.802 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Jochenb--
Here's what I'm doing, something along the idea of what you're doing only even a bit more extreme.

There are two of us, friends since grammar school, who shoot together most of the time. We decided several months ago to only take one lens with us each time we went out to shoot. Sometimes we had a planned location, other times we just drove around looking for something interesting. Quite often while framing a shot one or the other of us, sometimes both, would comment that we wished we'd brought a different lens. But the plan was to see what you could do with what you had in hand.
The more we did this the better the shots seemed to get. Instead of fooling around changing lenses we have to find a way to compose with the lens we have. In the long run both of us feel we are learning to see things in a completely different way.
We both think the challenge is making us better photographers.

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.802 #16 · p.802 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

dylan21 wrote:
Jochenb--
Here's what I'm doing, something along the idea of what you're doing only even a bit more extreme.

There are two of us, friends since grammar school, who shoot together most of the time. We decided several months ago to only take one lens with us each time we went out to shoot. Sometimes we had a planned location, other times we just drove around looking for something interesting. Quite often while framing a shot one or the other of us, sometimes both, would comment that we wished we'd brought a different lens. But the plan was to see
...Show more

Oh I fully agree and I often do this myself. For small trips I often take only one lens. Most of the time a 35 or 50mm.
I like fairly compact kits, because it limits your options.
However, for larger trips I take more lenses because I'll maybe visit those places only once in a lifetime.
I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM
bpark42
• • •
p.802 #17 · p.802 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

D800 + ZF 21

Untitled by bpark_42, on Flickr

Dec 22, 2012 at 04:36 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.802 #18 · p.802 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

85 P :

Dec 22, 2012 at 05:16 PM
R.Young
• • •
p.802 #19 · p.802 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Sorry Wilhelm. Probably getting carried away with my 27" iMac. Will size it down in future.

Dec 22, 2012 at 06:01 PM
JaKo
• • •
p.802 #20 · p.802 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

First two - recent shots; last two from September 2012 in Prague

Rare in Vancouver, but it does happen every few years (for a day or more)

Dec 22, 2012 at 09:09 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password