Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              771      
       773              955       956       end

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Rodluvan
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.772 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Well, can't but agree; Martynas that's some great stuff! The colours are exploading all around here too, and Zeiss captures it fantastically.

Great to see you up and about Ton'! And some eye candy as well, not too shabby if I may say so myself. Keep it coming!

3 from today, all with 2/35

Oct 07, 2012 at 08:54 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.772 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Uzay wrote:
Martynas, i'm speechless

Me too! Well done and superb PP.

Oct 07, 2012 at 09:33 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.772 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Marynas - just spectacular. We need those mountains here in the upper midwest!
Ronny, Rodluvan, One Ant - wonderful images yourselves.

Did a promo shoot yesterday for an up and coming band. They couldn't decide what they wanted to do so I met them at their house, stumbled into the garage and found what I needed. They specifically asked for this type of processing.

© Bob Israel 2012

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZE lens    21mm    f/2.8    1/125s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Bob Israel 2012

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZE lens    21mm    f/4.0    1/60s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Bob Israel 2012

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZE lens    21mm    f/4.0    1/60s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Bob Israel 2012

Oct 07, 2012 at 11:52 PM
akul
• • •
p.772 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Getting a bit far behind here. As always great works.

Lars - Great to see your work here again. Nice bridge shot.

Phil - Yet another great portrait.

Bob - The band shot is very cool. I like the last one with the desaturated look the most.

Martynas - Whew those are some gorgeous shots !! They are all amazing, but especially incredible capture of light with #1, #3. Then the superb composition on the last one. I remember your shots of the same cabin from a while back ( I believe ), it was B/W ? That was amazing, but this fall color makes it feel like I am in a dream.

Ronny - Amazing flower as always.

Ant - Wow ! Super Ant shot. Love the symmetry, drama, atmosphere. #1 just blew me away, but #2 has this special enchantment, I keep looking at it.

Rodulvan - Great set. #2 #3 works together very well. At the same time, #1, #3 have your shadow on the bottom right frame, making strong isual connection.

ZF2 21

ZF2 100

Oct 08, 2012 at 03:38 AM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
p.772 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Nex-7 w/ ZF-100/2

DSC04096.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

Nom Nom Hmm by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

Oct 08, 2012 at 04:21 AM
prosep
• •
p.772 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks, Ronny _Olsson & W.T. Jones.

Diploneis, stunning series! My favorites are 3rd and 10th.
Ronny _Olsson, superb light.
OneAnt, your signature sets of images! I really loved 2nd one of 1st set.
Rodluvan, fantastic control of exposure.
rji2goleez, nice way unusual post-processing.
akul, superb work!
Taylor Sherman, like the 2nd one.

Oct 08, 2012 at 05:46 AM
OneAnt
• • •
p.772 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

The Band ...(grin) awesome.

I thought I'd exhausted this mirror ...am tempted to go back and throw a chair at it.

D700. Zeiss 35/2 Distagon

D700. Zeiss 35/2 Distagon

—-oooO—-
—-(—)—-
—–\–(–
——\_)-
———–Oooo—
———–(—-)—
————)–/—-
———-(_/-
Ant.
ɹǝpun uʍop puɐl ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ

Oct 08, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Rodluvan
• • •
p.772 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Make a book, calle it Mirrored City, and you can even include some of your kaleidoscope stuff as well. I'll have 10% for that, thank you very much.

Oct 08, 2012 at 11:44 AM
OneAnt
• • •
p.772 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Its already been made into a book ...The Picture of Dorian Grayscale, where with each use the photographer gets uglier and uglier.

Its gotten too easy, I just sit there on a milk crate with a coffee, but I'm hooked ...and now I'm real ugly.
Can you believe it, this is a tiny city and so far I'm the only one to notice a bloody mirror.

Oct 08, 2012 at 11:48 AM
dubaiphil
• • •
p.772 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Love the 2nd B&W, Ant - looks like an old Rover that that lady's sat in?

Oct 08, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

OneAnt
• • •
p.772 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

It was a Rover Phil, emerald green too it was. Not sure I like the pp ...am tired and cranky and just pressing buttons.

Edited on Mar 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM · View previous versions

Oct 08, 2012 at 12:09 PM
dubaiphil
• • •
p.772 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Haha - good spot - my parents had one of those Rover P6's when I was 4 to 5 - I remember it well!

Hmm - vinyl roof, 3.5 Litre, spare tyre on the top of the boot - properly 70's!

Oct 08, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Smridevan
• •
p.772 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

On a recent hike to Old Rag mountain in Shennandoah national park with Zeiss 21mm and 100mm on D800...

DSC_2542 by smridevan, on Flickr

DSC_2470 by smridevan, on Flickr

DSC_2402 by smridevan, on Flickr

DSC_2514 by smridevan, on Flickr

Oct 08, 2012 at 01:19 PM
akul
• • •
p.772 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Taylor Sherman - Nice focus and color on the #1.

Ant - Your art work raise the bar on this thread. Love the first one with shopping bag and the hand. Great timing, really.

Smridevan - Great to see your work again. D800 with 21 and 100 seem like a great fit. Hand stand shot is great. It makes it feel like she is really on the edge, but I truly hope that is just a visual trick. Very nice tone on all of them.

Few more from Minnewaska SP.

Oct 08, 2012 at 09:12 PM
Smridevan
• •
p.772 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks, Akul. Nice fall colors in your shots. I see the leaves have already peaked in NY.
As for the hand stand, she was literally next to the edge. I did not know her but she is young and brave. Her parents definitely would not approve.

Oct 08, 2012 at 09:34 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.772 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Rodluvan wrote:
Make a book, calle it Mirrored City, and you can even include some of your kaleidoscope stuff as well. I'll have 10% for that, thank you very much.

Here's "mirrors of the poor southern suburbs". But get rid of that business style jacket, shoes are ok though, fits right in :-)

Seriously nice shots. #3 is amazing especially coming from a 35. I wonder how you do that, you're so close that it cant have been a silent moment.

Oct 08, 2012 at 09:56 PM
darbo
• •
p.772 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

"Downtown" Fredonia, Alabama with the 2/25mm ZF.2:

Twilight in Fredonia

A couple of shots from LaFayette, Alabama with the 1.4/35 ZE:

Joe Louis: World Heavyweight Champion

Built Ford Tough

And a couple from West Point, Georgia, also with the 1.4/35mm ZE:

Weathered

The Chattahoochee

- David

Oct 08, 2012 at 11:54 PM
ltruong8
• •
p.772 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Luka: I love the colorful of your shoots, very attractive.
Darbo: Nice shots, I love the first one and the last 2.

Oct 09, 2012 at 05:39 AM
Rodluvan
• • •
p.772 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

wfrank wrote:
Seriously nice shots. #3 is amazing especially coming from a 35. I wonder how you do that, you're so close that it cant have been a silent moment.

Well, thanks Frank! But you've been pretty close as well with your 28 so this can't be all that foreign to you.
Very few of my photos are 'silent/candid'. I actually feel guilty when I don't give the subject at least a chance to see me. It's not a moral consideration at all, it's a consideration I feel I must do to push myself. Without the excitement it wouldn't be any fun (for me). This is also why the lenses have gotten shorter over the years, I started street using a 180mm lens then a 85, then 50, 35, 28 and even 21! Now, getting close is no longer the problem (or not _that_ much of a problem), being far enough back is though, as people don't tend to notice you if you're 0,5-1m away, but they do notice you if you're 2m away and are taking your time composing the shot! So, for now, I'm back in the 35mm region.
Also being to close has had a detrimental effect on my photography; I lose context.

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:52 AM
Rodluvan
• • •
p.772 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

wfrank wrote:
Here's "mirrors of the poor southern suburbs". But get rid of that business style jacket, shoes are ok though, fits right in :-)

Btw, it's funny you should reflect on this as it is something I've done as well. In rhetoric there's this thing called Ethos and in part that includes how you present yourself e.g. dress. People nowadays are very weary about strangers taking their photo (which is a paradox as we've never been surveilled as much as we are now). The way I dress can either increase or decrease this feeling. A side effect of this is that I'm very envious of women in this respect, I believe they have a lead coming out of the gates; they are seldom seen as hostile or creepy, they seldom pose a physical or cultural threat etc If I wanted to take a photo of a kid in a situation on the street, I'd think twice before doing so (I hate this aspect of current society), but a woman wouldn't be vilified to the same extent.
Why aren't more women into street photograhy??

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:12 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password