New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              358      
       360              1018       1019       end

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Mast3rChi3f
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.359 #1 · p.359 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Abhijeeth awesome shots.

21mm

May 22, 2011 at 07:39 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.359 #2 · p.359 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Hugo and philber great shots

What's the copper thing in the middle of the boat?

May 22, 2011 at 07:53 AM
Karel Geertsem

p.359 #3 · p.359 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

ZE 21 (@ISO2000):

May 22, 2011 at 09:22 AM
akul
• • • •
p.359 #4 · p.359 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

I am blown away by all the beautiful shots accumulating in an amazing high pace. I am already 5 pages behind !! I'd like to comment on all, but no time, my apology in advance.

Philber - your 35 shots are all excellent. I love the rendition of volume of subjects and the way how this lens smoothly transitions from focus to bokeh. Due to its 1.4 ness, at the beginning there were abundance of closeups shots which accentuated the bokeh aspects, but not much in the spatial rendition in medium to long distance. To me, this is crucial for 35. I enjoy the 35 length because of its rather neutral rendition of space, and seeing the interior shots of yours confirm how wonderful this lens is for such use. Being a 1.4 lens is a huge plus for interior use also. Your indoor boats shot was at 1/13 and handheld and no noticeable hand shake, may be even the size and weight is helping to stabilize. Great stuff. Thanks !!

abhijeeth - Great shots from NZ. Love both, but the second shot is amazing !
By the way, thanks for your comment on my pano experiment. Yes it is from Harriman State Park in New York.

OneAnt - I love your series. First one is provocative with nuclear debacle in your neighboring country. And second series with the unique approach to the street and their viewpoint. First shot reminded me of J-horror movie, 'Grudge'.

May 22, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Ulff
• • •
p.359 #5 · p.359 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

philber wrote:
OneAnt, Jake, Hogo, brilliant sets all! Inspirational!

Abhijeeth, it is still very early days for me with the 35, so read what I say with a grain of salt.
My take on the 35 is rather different than was published by the learned Lloyd Chambers and confirmed by MTF-master Luka. It is a very easy lens to use, at least with my standards and expectations. It is very easy to focus through the VF, even wide open, and, in any event, easier than both 50 f:1.4 and 35 f:2.0. Actually, I am almost ready to call it the easiest focusing Zeiss
...Show more

Thank you for this extensive and very helpful write up, Philippe! I always looking forward to your impressions of the new 35 ZE and samples you post (keep on going with posting samples!).

Did you ever used the 35L? I haven't heard a lot about the differences between these two, especially regarding performance wide open and fine detail rendering stopped down. At least the bokeh of the new 35 ZE seems to be obviously better and reminds me a lot of the Sigma 50 1.4 (as well as the whole rendering of more open apertures; I would expect them to be different stopped down with more detail in the ZE).

May 22, 2011 at 10:44 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.359 #6 · p.359 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Very cool, Philippe. Is that a steam boat?

Very nice ceiling shot, Karel, and welcome. Where is that?

May 22, 2011 at 01:11 PM
kiddik
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.359 #7 · p.359 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

It's nice to be able to count on Makro-Planar 2/100's wide open performance when you need it, although this particular shot was at f/5.6 to give me time to capture some of the lightnings.

From the new eruption that just started in Iceland, last night. There was so much ash there was nothing to see really unless you were north of the glacier, and I didn't have the energy to go there at midnight last night, already a few hundred kilometers inland.

May 22, 2011 at 02:11 PM
taz_k

p.359 #8 · p.359 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Mast3rChi3f: Even if it was a very cold night, it looks like the result made it worth. Especially the third image is incredible with the clear nightsky and the villages below.

abhijeeth: Number two is my favourite, very nice with the blue sky and the snow covered peaks.

Helped a friend take some photos of his orchids. Both with 35/1.4 ZF.2:

May 22, 2011 at 02:18 PM
PeterGlaso
• • •
p.359 #9 · p.359 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

D3s, ZF 100/2. f2. 1/2000s. ISO 400.

May 22, 2011 at 02:26 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.359 #10 · p.359 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

kiddik wrote:
It's nice to be able to count on Makro-Planar 2/100's wide open performance when you need it, although this particular shot was at f/5.6 to give me time to capture some of the lightnings.

From the new eruption that just started in Iceland, last night. There was so much ash there was nothing to see really unless you were north of the glacier, and I didn't have the energy to go there at midnight last night, already a few hundred kilometers inland.

That's a very neat shot, very different. Is this new eruption going to as disruptive as the last one?

May 22, 2011 at 02:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kiddik
• •
p.359 #11 · p.359 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

carstenw wrote:
That's a very neat shot, very different. Is this new eruption going to as disruptive as the last one?

Thanks! It's really hard to tell - the ash volume is many times higher than from Eyjafjallajökull, but it's heavier so it falls quicker to the ground, so there's that and experience from last years volcano - hopefully they won't unnecessarily shut down air traffic this time around the world, although Iceland's main airport has been closed temporarily today.

May 22, 2011 at 03:11 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.359 #12 · p.359 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Hugo, philber, Lars, abhijeeth, denoir great photos on the last pages

May 22, 2011 at 03:29 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.359 #13 · p.359 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Hugo very cool shots

May 22, 2011 at 04:48 PM
abhijeeth
• •
p.359 #14 · p.359 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I will try to post some more shots from NZ later on. It is a really beautiful place and I fell absolutely in love with the landscape there - very vast and very diverse. And it helps that the Kiwis are so friendly, laid back and chilled out about most things in general! ["Had an extremely busy and hectic day mate, those dolphins in the pacific coast kept playing with us and interrupted our afternoon siesta "

James: the top of the flower really pops out. Beautiful OOF transition as well.

Brandon: this is from the same place? [abandoned prison?] - good series. Do they let you wander in and take pics without any issues? [hopefully that is the case]

dj dunzie: all four are good but I like #2 and #4 the best. How many keepers do you get when photographing kids, especially when they are running/playing about? On this one, looks like you got focus spot on the eyes.

Philippe: I first thought these were from the 50P then was smiling when I saw this is from the 85. The real kicker is that these shots are taken at f7.1 [that was a pleasant surprise to me]

Hugo: Cool. Car headlights for light-painting the foreground? Xenon lamps or WB? Either way, it looks good.

Karel: where was this taken? Lovely detail.

May 22, 2011 at 05:27 PM
PeterGlaso
• • •
p.359 #15 · p.359 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Sis and her two boys. ZF 100/2. f5.6, 1/1250s, ISO 560.

May 22, 2011 at 05:29 PM
abhijeeth
• •
p.359 #16 · p.359 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

kiddik:

beautiful, other-wordly shot. Lightning is the icing on this [please forgive the pathetic pun in my last sentence]

taz_k: Digging the second one. Glorious bokeh! To all the 35/1.4 owners, do have shots of predominantly blue colored subjects shot wide-open? Is it hazy? does it clean up at f1.6 or f1.8?

Peter: Looks like you got the focus spot on the eyes. Looking at his nose, stubble or ears, you get the feel for how shallow the DoF is. what is your keeper rate? I have the older 100/2 CY but have to concentrate a bit to get good and consistent focus at medium to short distances. i find it difficult for medium to long distances [not infinity] unless I am using 10x Liveview.

The pace has picked up and I am clearly struggling to keep up with all the posters!

May 22, 2011 at 05:29 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.359 #17 · p.359 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

My first test pic with the new ZE 50/1,4

May 22, 2011 at 05:38 PM
philber
• • • • •
p.359 #18 · p.359 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Lovely shot, Lars! Very different from your Thai shots with 100MP...

May 22, 2011 at 05:40 PM
Dalmas
• •
p.359 #19 · p.359 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Lars, the coppery thing in the boat is a boiler (Ångpanna)
Nice test shot with the 50/1.4

Edited on May 22, 2011 at 08:51 PM · View previous versions

May 22, 2011 at 05:51 PM
Uzay
• • •
p.359 #20 · p.359 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Last few pages have so many beautiful shots that i really afraid to load image but here's one with ZF21

May 22, 2011 at 05:56 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password