New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              348      
       350              1018       1019       end

ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

philber
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.349 #1 · p.349 #1 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Alkanphel, akul, thanks!
Luka, I know that arguing with a Master of the MTF is unlikely to get me any satisfaction, but my early shots at infinity with the 35 f:1.4 show that it is most interesting. The rendering is the most "dynamic" that I have seen from anything other than the 21, and even, maybe... Like this lens has a feeling for architecture that outlines the building and structure. And it has massive detail, as well, and is really sharp (needs less sharpening than other ZEs). I need more shots before I can be more definitive, but it looks promising, and, so far, explains why Zeiss decided that the weight, bulk and cost were worth it. BTW, vignetting is quite heavy already at f:2.0.

May 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM
philber
• • • • •
p.349 #2 · p.349 #2 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Carsten, two lovely shots with the Planar 50. You make me feel the ambiance, the smell, the sounds... Very delicate....

May 14, 2011 at 12:45 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.349 #3 · p.349 #3 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks, Philippe!

I have a question for everyone. I kind of hang out in this thread as if it is a forum, and for this reason, I probably also use some of my Nikon glass less than I should, because I don't have a natural place to post the photos I make with them. This is not really avoidable, but in any case, I don't feel that I am missing anything working almost exclusively with my Zeiss glass, apart from the 200/2 VR, which I give special exercise once in a while.

However, I also own a Contax 139Q, along with a 135/2.8 and 80-200/4, in addition to a Contax 645 kit, with 35/3.5, 80/2 and 120/4 Macro. I can also imagine buying one or two other Contax lenses, like the 100-300 and 400/4. The thing is that I am not supposed to post those photos here (although people have in the past posted C/Y shots here), and would need to post them in the C/Y thread. I don't often go there to post shots since the contributions come so rarely compared to here.

My question is then the following: how many people would think that this thread might be better if it were more formally just a Zeiss lens thread? This would allow not only ZF/ZF.2/ZE/ZM/ZS/ZK photos, but also ZA, Contax 35mm, Contax 645, and so on. All the older lenses don't receive so many posts, but I would personally find it interesting to see all Carl Zeiss (possibly except Jena) glass here, not just ZF/ZE etc. This is especially pertinent for lenses which currently don't exist in the new lineup, like super wides and teles.

Thoughts?

Edited on May 14, 2011 at 01:16 PM · View previous versions

May 14, 2011 at 01:15 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • •
p.349 #4 · p.349 #4 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

carstenw wrote:
My question is then the following: how many people would think that this thread might be better if it were more formally just a Zeiss lens thread? This would allow not only ZF/ZF.2/ZE/ZM/ZS/ZK photos, but also ZA, Contax 35mm, Contax 645, and so on. All the older lenses don't receive so many posts, but I would personally find it interesting to see all Carl Zeiss (possibly except Jena) glass here, not just ZF/ZE etc. This is especially pertinent for lenses which currently don't exist in the new lineup, like super wides and teles.

Thoughts?

I certainly would not have a problem with this. I have a 35mm Biogon C ZM and a Contax G 45mm for my NEX. I've sheepishly posted a couple with the Biogon here even though there's the NEX thread. So, I for one, am open to the idea.

Bob

May 14, 2011 at 01:18 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.349 #5 · p.349 #5 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks Bob.

That last shot is really fun

May 14, 2011 at 01:22 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.349 #6 · p.349 #6 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Really nice shots Bob, Kiddik, Carsten, abhijeeth & Kristoffer

May 14, 2011 at 01:59 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.349 #7 · p.349 #7 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Sven Jeppesen wrote:
Excellent monk shots Lars
And many other photos on the last pages are also great

Thanks Sven

Lars

May 14, 2011 at 02:00 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.349 #8 · p.349 #8 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Gary Clennan wrote:
Excellent work Lars! I really like these. I was in Chiang Mail a few weeks ago and had a wonderful time.

Thanks Gary, yes it's a wonderful place

Lars

May 14, 2011 at 02:01 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.349 #9 · p.349 #9 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

philber wrote:
+ 1. Sorry to always say the same thing, Lars!

Thank you philber

Lars

May 14, 2011 at 02:02 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.349 #10 · p.349 #10 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

rji2goleez wrote:
Lars - You make the 100mp really shine showing it's sharpness but it's your composition and lighting that are consistently brilliant!

Thanks Bob. Really loved your Italy series

Lars

May 14, 2011 at 02:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.349 #11 · p.349 #11 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

alkanphel & akul thanks a lot

Lars

May 14, 2011 at 02:04 PM
philber
• • • • •
p.349 #12 · p.349 #12 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Bob, remarkable quartet, each one in its own way!

May 14, 2011 at 02:47 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • •
p.349 #13 · p.349 #13 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks Philippe and Lars!

May 14, 2011 at 02:59 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.349 #14 · p.349 #14 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Carsten -- I don't want to seem like I'm against that idea outright, because I'm in sort of a similar position.

I shoot Canon and Nikon bodies, and now have two Zeiss lenses. There is a lot of overlap, considering I sometimes shoot Nikon AI/AIS lenses on my Canon bodies. I can't post on some threads without pushing the boundaries of the interests of the bulk of the users. So I go from forum section to forum section, thread to thread, to post in the appropriate areas.

This thread seems to be pretty specific and I try not to post Canon or Nikon lens shots unless as direct comparison to Zeiss lenses listed. Even that makes me a little queasy.

Since most people posting and reading this thread are Zeiss oriented, and most of those are Canon and Nikon bodies, I'd keep it that way.

Plus this thread is sooooooooooo long already!!

Maybe you could kick off a different Zeiss thread? I'll be happy to read about and see more of you fantastic images.

May 14, 2011 at 03:04 PM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.349 #15 · p.349 #15 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

rji2goleez wrote:
I've sheepishly posted a couple with the Biogon here even though there's the NEX thread.

That is OK since that's a ZM lens (see the title of this thread).

I don't think it's a good idea to mix Contax lenses into this thread just to be able get the attention of the regular ZE/ZF shooters. I don't really understand the one-sided focus on this thread. There's lots if interesting discussion and images being posted in other threads as well. Some of the discussions here should have been placed in separate threads too if you ask me, because they contain useful info that can be used as a reference, but are difficult to dig up in a thread of 300+ pages.

May 14, 2011 at 03:58 PM
taz_k

p.349 #16 · p.349 #16 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Thanks Lars and keep the nice portraits coming. Even though I don't post a lot I'm constantly following this thread.

rji2goleez: Like the pic with the posters. The icecream truck is also my taste: nice colors and stong composition.

May 14, 2011 at 05:42 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.349 #17 · p.349 #17 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Okay, well, I will just start a new Zeiss Lens thread then and see how that goes:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1009161

Edited on May 14, 2011 at 06:55 PM · View previous versions

May 14, 2011 at 05:55 PM
Picture This!
• • • •
p.349 #18 · p.349 #18 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

awesome shot Andre. Nice B&W conversion also.

May 14, 2011 at 07:20 PM
philber
• • • • •
p.349 #19 · p.349 #19 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

melbmanu wrote:
awesome shot Andre. Nice B&W conversion also.

+1 !

May 14, 2011 at 07:52 PM
vallejo
• •
p.349 #20 · p.349 #20 · ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Tks folks. And I vote for keeping this thread alive, it's almost historical now! Let's get to page 1000!

May 14, 2011 at 08:02 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password