New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · Canon TC-80N3

joneser

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon TC-80N3

Looking to purchase the above mentioned remote. The price is pretty steep and while looking at Ebay I noticed a few after market versions such as the Photitix brand. Is there any significant reason to not consider the Phottix version over the Canon? Don't have a problem spending the money on the Canon if there is a good reason to spend the extra $50+.

Thanks

Eric

Oct 11, 2009 at 09:50 PM
kodakeos
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon TC-80N3

Does that brand do long exp, multi exposure, time lapse, and have a backlight?
If not, id go with the canon

Oct 12, 2009 at 01:09 AM
matanuska
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon TC-80N3

Read this post:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/819148/0#7585558

Oct 12, 2009 at 01:43 AM
Phocus
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon TC-80N3

I opted for the Opteka OPT-TIMER-C3 which has the same functionality as the Canon TC-80N3. It's about half the price ($60), so far so good. It takes two AAA batteries instead of the CR2032 Lithium Ion battery that Canon uses. I also know that the connector doesn't have a metal clip of some sort. I work with someone who has the Canon version, I will ask him to bring it in an I will compare build quality and let you know.

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Remote-Control-Digital-Cameras/dp/B0012H0LQI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1255349934&sr=8-3

Oct 12, 2009 at 07:27 AM
Roland W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon TC-80N3

The Canon TC-80N3 is small and compact, and the small battery it uses lasts for a very long time. It is easily light enough to let it hang from the connector off the camera with no thought of a problem. I am very happy with the one I have, and I first used it with my EOS-3 quite a few years ago.

The Canon connector does lock in to the camera very well, and yet releases perfectly when you pull on it. I have always been worried about third party connectors going into an expensive cameras, and the only third party one I worked with did not give me much confidence. And the reference to my post above still applies. Some third party connectors may not fit properly if you want to use them with L plates. I don't know how big a problem the fit issue with L plates is, but it is just another thing to be aware of and consider.

Oct 12, 2009 at 08:07 AM
dermit
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon TC-80N3

Here's what I use....

http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=38

Oct 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM
joneser

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon TC-80N3

Love the idea but I don't have a computer available all the time.

Oct 12, 2009 at 04:58 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon TC-80N3

I love my TC80N3, I wish the button layout was a bit different, it would be so much easier to use if the start/stop button was larger because it's hard to find in the dark.

I just wish Canon added it's functions to the camera bodies.

Oct 12, 2009 at 05:07 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.