New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2009 · rogerscamera.com

sithbk
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · rogerscamera.com

Does anyone had experience with www.rogerscamera.com? I few months back some people stated that they recommend this web site but I can't find any info on FM. Tried resellerrating website also but it's not listed there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

sithbk

May 17, 2009 at 03:49 PM
eos-m42guy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · rogerscamera.com

Try Google. There's some info there. Looks like they're in Las Vegas.

May 17, 2009 at 04:11 PM
GreggFly

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · rogerscamera.com

I wouldn't buy anything from this store. It's most likely a Brooklyn, NY store. (Or somewhere in NJ)
Every store (or 95.0 % ) that sells extended warranties is a scum.
Look at their prices. The Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR is normally around $1900, they have it for $1150.
You call them and they'll tell you that if you don't buy extended warranty the lens is not in stock or you have to wait around 2 weeks etc. Also the price, they'll tell you, is only for the lens by itself. No hood, no box, no nothing. (even though these things come with the lens) Unless of course you order the lens with a macro package.
(whatever that is. Probably a couple of cloths for about 99 cents each)
And also your credit card number will be soon re-used without your approval.
So SITHBK is your choice but I'd go with Amazon or something reliable.

May 17, 2009 at 04:17 PM
GreggFly

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · rogerscamera.com

I just called them. No they're not in Las Vegas. They're in New York, just as I thought.
Guy on the phone was mean and sound angry when I just asked him politely where are they located.
Forget it sithbk, save yourself some money and get more expensive stuff somewhere else.
You know what I mean?

May 17, 2009 at 04:21 PM
eos-m42guy
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · rogerscamera.com

You're right. The one in LV is Bill Rogers Camera. My bad.

May 17, 2009 at 04:31 PM
GreggFly

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · rogerscamera.com

I was wrong.... about the micro-package.
Here is what they listed:

77mm UV Filter - (most likely the cheapest there is or a used one.)
77mm Polarizer Filter - (that's nice to have)
77mm FL-D Fluorescent Filter
Close-up Professional Macro Filter Set (w/+1 +2 +4 +10 Macro Lenses)
Deluxe Lens Care & Maintenance Package - (is this a warranty?)
Capkeeper - (I don't know what that is.)
Deluxe Lens Hood - (this comes with the lens.)
Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth - (these are about 99 cents per cloth.)
Deluxe Lens Pouch - (this comes with the lens.)

May 17, 2009 at 04:33 PM
sithbk
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · rogerscamera.com

Yep, too good to be true

Thx..

May 17, 2009 at 04:50 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · rogerscamera.com

sithbk wrote:
Does anyone had experience with www.rogerscamera.com?

7-day return period.
mandatory 10% restock fee.
No physical address on their website.
No feedback in resellerratings.com.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

May 18, 2009 at 09:21 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · rogerscamera.com

Pay particular attention to the created on date. They used the Private Registration to keep their info private (I've done the same for the office, because of the spammers)

05/18/09 11:56:31 whois rogerscamera.com
.com is a domain of USA & International Commercial
Searches for .com can be run at http://www.crsnic.net/

whois -h whois.crsnic.net rogerscamera.com ...
Redirecting to WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC.

whois -h whois.wildwestdomains.com rogerscamera.com ...
The data contained in this Registrar's Whois database, while believed by the registrar to be reliable, is provided "as is" with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you in obtaining information about domain name registration records. Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written permission of this registrar. By submitting an inquiry, you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular, you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible, dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose, including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the owner of the domain name is specified in the "registrant" field. In most cases, the Registrar is not the owner of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:

Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: BUYDOMAIN.COM
Domain Name: ROGERSCAMERA.COM
Created on: 11-Feb-09
Expires on: 11-Feb-10
Last Updated on: 17-Feb-09

Administrative Contact:

Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:

Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HOST23WEB.COM
NS2.HOST23WEB.COM

May 18, 2009 at 11:02 AM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · rogerscamera.com

They list a D3 for 3299 and a D2Xs for 3599. Me thinks that tells you all you need to know.

May 18, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Gasitman
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · rogerscamera.com

I would love to know how this stuff works. Say you buy their d3x for $3500, what happens then, you just lose your money? They send you one used that was dragged behind a truck? I mean if you have people complaining about them stealing money the FBI would shut them down.

I always wondered how these type of operations worked. Would it not just be better to act like a proper company and actually build a customer base? And why do most of these companies surround themselves around cameras?

May 18, 2009 at 11:55 AM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · rogerscamera.com

As a rule, the first thing that happens is a high-pressure salesman will call. He will attempt to sell you a variety of items you "just got to have" if you own a D3X. Things like extended warranty, CF cards, cleaning kits, lenses, box, manuals, and a kitchen sink. When you don't buy the extras, at a extremely high markup, he starts the pressure. In the end, you pay for the extra items or you don't get the camera. You buy the extras and the camera will cost more than the price from honest dealers.

May 18, 2009 at 12:08 PM
RCicala
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · rogerscamera.com

And in most cases, those ''got to have it" extras are stuff that you thought would come with the camera: battery, charger, cords, camera strap, etc.

May 18, 2009 at 09:06 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · rogerscamera.com

If you ask me this is another scam type where they almost sound like "Roberts Camera" (A very reputable company) to lure you in.

May 18, 2009 at 10:42 PM
kingmeow
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · rogerscamera.com

Gasitman wrote:
I would love to know how this stuff works. Say you buy their d3x for $3500, what happens then, you just lose your money? They send you one used that was dragged behind a truck? I mean if you have people complaining about them stealing money the FBI would shut them down.

I always wondered how these type of operations worked. Would it not just be better to act like a proper company and actually build a customer base? And why do most of these companies surround themselves around cameras?

You never be able to get just the camera for $3500 as others have suggested. If you don't buy the high priced accessories, all of a sudden the camera becomes "Out of Stock".

May 18, 2009 at 10:58 PM
Egor
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · rogerscamera.com

Gasitman wrote:

It works the way all scams work. It plays upon desire and greed. You know what the "thing" you desire costs, its posted everywhere, give or take $50 or so + tax and shipping. If you want something really bad, you can convince yourself that you alone are the exception and just "found" this incredible deal. So you call them up and are so excited to finally get the thing for a price you can afford that all reason goes out the window and....they got ya.
Most scams prey upon camera equip, computers, watches,jewelry...stuff that poor to mid income peeps want but cant afford. Every now and then a fat-cat gets scammed the same way, just in a different league. Like the upper middle income guy who wants a $90K car for $45K. Or a $5M jet for $1M. Its all the same.

May 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM
EltonTeng
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · rogerscamera.com

James R wrote:
As a rule, the first thing that happens is a high-pressure salesman will call. He will attempt to sell you a variety of items you "just got to have" if you own a D3X. Things like extended warranty, CF cards, cleaning kits, lenses, box, manuals, and a kitchen sink. When you don't buy the extras, at a extremely high markup, he starts the pressure. In the end, you pay for the extra items or you don't get the camera. You buy the extras and the camera will cost more than the price from honest dealers.

A variation of the scam you see on reselleratings.com goes almost like described above. Except after you agree to all this crap with the D40 and a few awesome Japanese lenses, they charge you $5,000 for $1,000 worth of stuff. You would have a difficult time arguing with the credit card company because the seller has your voice authorization to charge all this stuff and it is not what you initially ordered from the website.

May 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.