Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2009 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

jagsiva
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

I ordered an upgrade/conversion of my Photoshop license from Windows to Mac on the 21st of November. At this time I was told that I needed to uninstall all versions of the Windows product, complete a Letter of Destruction Contract, and destroy all Adobe Photoshop media that I had. I was also told that the Mac version of software would be shipped to me within 2 weeks.

After not receiving any updates following this two week period, I contacted Adobe, and was reassured that the software would be shipped within the week. Another week went by, and I called again. This time I was told that it was a different department. This has continued for the past 6 weeks. During this time, I downloaded a trial version of the license to use for my business, but this 30 day license has since expired.

I was working towards a critical deadline on the 31st of December. I called Adobe again on the 31st to check on the status of my order; I was again told that it was a different department. I then spent another 30 minutes on hold awaiting a supervisor, who also told me the same story. I asked if the trial license key could be extended, but she refused. She then promised to get back to me within 24-48hrs. I again called Adobe on Jan 2nd, and was told again that order has not been shipped, it’s a different department, and there is nothing the supervisor could do. When I was asked if I could speak to anyone else, I was informed that I had gotten as far as I could.

I now find myself unable to use a product that I contracted under license to use. I was told to destroy the version I had, and that the replacement would be shipped within two weeks. This has financially and materially impacted my business in a serious manner.

What do i do here? Has anyone had any similar experience?

Jag

Jan 02, 2009 at 02:14 PM
francishmt
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

That sucks. I am amazed how bad it got with Adobe. It certainly makes me think twice before buying another product from them.

I would send a letter to their regional head or marketing head.

Francis (CS3 and LR user)

Jan 02, 2009 at 02:36 PM
jagsiva
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

francishmt wrote:
That sucks. I am amazed how bad it got with Adobe. It certainly makes me think twice before buying another product from them.

I would send a letter to their regional head or marketing head.

Francis (CS3 and LR user)

I tried the regional head thing as well. After much shananigans, i got a hold of their main number 408-536-6000. I called it, and since i did not have any extension number, pushed "0" for operator, and waited 45 mins before hanging up - another 45 mins of my life i will never get back.

I think Aperture is starting to look very nice on my Mac Pro!!

Jan 02, 2009 at 02:40 PM
jagsiva
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

...in contrast,

I contacted Phase One about my C1 LE license. They told me that they had no cross-platform license. I then explained that i had no more use for the windows license. The CSR then told me that he would get back to me within 24 hrs after speaking to his supervisor...and the very next day, i had a new license key for C1 for the Mac. Great service from a much smaller company that takes "customer experience" seriously.

Jan 02, 2009 at 02:48 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

You must have talked to the Adobe CSR in India...I've seen many complaints recently about their lack of service when switching platforms...seems like faxes, etc. always get lost.

Jan 02, 2009 at 03:41 PM
Gil_W
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

I had problems with Dell customer service over some software and ran into a similar situation that never did get resolved. I had been a loyal Dell user till then. I am beginning to think these big companies ship off their customer service to the lowest bidder, where ever that may be, to save money. They then expect their customers to remain loyal even when the customer service becomes customer unfriendly.
That is ashame that Adobe apparently has gone down that road also.
Yes, C1 could begin looking good about now to you I'm sure.

Jan 02, 2009 at 04:01 PM
jagsiva
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

James_N wrote:
You must have talked to the Adobe CSR in India...I've seen many complaints recently about their lack of service when switching platforms...seems like faxes, etc. always get lost.

Yup, it was India -- but after 6 weeks, really not my issue that they cannot communicate internally. I am just appalled - this is a commercial product that people use for their living!

Jan 02, 2009 at 04:46 PM
Peter Le
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

Maybe try sending a letter here:
Corporate headquarters. Adobe Systems Incorporated 345 Park Avenue San Jose, CA 95110-2704. Tel: 408-536-6000.

Jan 02, 2009 at 05:26 PM
jagsiva
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

Peter Le wrote:
Maybe try sending a letter here:
Corporate headquarters. Adobe Systems Incorporated 345 Park Avenue San Jose, CA 95110-2704. Tel: 408-536-6000.

Thanks Peter. I have not tried snail mail yet. I did try the number though with no luck. After not finding any email address or number for Adobe outside of customer service (which was a dead end), i sent the letter i had sent to Customer service also to [email protected] and marketing, [email protected] and [email protected]. None of these were returned so, hopefully i will get to a live body soon.

Jan 02, 2009 at 06:20 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

jagsiva wrote:
...in contrast,

I contacted Phase One about my C1 LE license. They told me that they had no cross-platform license. I then explained that i had no more use for the windows license. The CSR then told me that he would get back to me within 24 hrs after speaking to his supervisor...and the very next day, i had a new license key for C1 for the Mac. Great service from a much smaller company that takes "customer experience" seriously.

With the bankers taking over the world and ripping the people for now 11.5 trillion dollars which will devalue the dollar to "hyper-stagflation" levels, I think we're going to see a lot of larger companies go totally screwy like this. Just wait till spring 2009 when the other shoe drops. We all may be in for a very big surprise.

Here we go:

Or, umm, http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/D/donhenleylyrics/donhenleyinsidejoblyrics.htm

Jan 02, 2009 at 10:46 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

Is Adobe too large, too much the 800 pound gorrila, to ever take us individuals seriously?

I had a similar problem with customer service from microsoft over a screw up on their site for an Xbox which I bought for my kids. I was expecting the worst when I finnaly dialed the customer service number. But the floor on just how bad it can get got lowered far more than my worst expectations could have imagined.

I wont put you through the whole messy story but I lost over three hours of my holidays over this stupid game machine made by this company ... and the first person (of five) did not speak english. I don't mean speak it badly - I mean ... spoke only their native tongue. The rest simply spoke it in some way that made comunication impossible. You know it's no good when you have to spell your name FIVE times ... and then they want a long serial number next!

The issue is of course unresolved. The last person was a manager, I think even on this continent perhaps, who spoke clear english. He told me that it was not something that they were responsible. Could I call the service desk who was please? He then gave me the number which after 2.5 hours got me through to four people who told me they could do nothing ... and gave me his number.

Is this what we need to put up with?
Time to support smaller companies, don't you think?

Good luck.

Jan 03, 2009 at 10:40 AM
dmonterisi
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

I couldn't tell from the OP whether he was just doing a "cross-grade" (staying with the same product on a different platform) or doing a "cross-platform upgrade" (changing platforms while upgrading versions). I had mixed experience doing both.

I switched from PC to mac earlier this year (though i still use a PC with work which was where CS3 extended was installed). I tried to do a cross-grade at the time, switching to CS3 extended for mac. I was connected with "Steve" in India who informed me that Adobe couldn't do the switch because the first version of pshop that i purchased was a download rather than a box version (this was the original CS). I had actually upgraded to full pshop from elements through a discount coupon and did have the original box. i was told that this wasn't good enough and they couldn't verify my original purchase. I had since upgraded to CS2, CS3 and then CS3 extended. Despite discussions with several supervisors, i couldn't get it done. After a couple of days of frustration, i gave up and continued using CS3 extended on PC.

well, when CS4 was announced, I wanted to upgrade to CS4 Design Premium for mac. so this time, I called Abode sales and got somebody in California who was able to help me. It took about 20 minutes, but he was able to dig through my account and find the proper orignial purchase and took care of getting me the Letter of Destruction, which i immediately emailed back. I got confirmation of the cross platform upgrade by email about 2 days later and received the product about a week after that.

damon

Jan 03, 2009 at 12:45 PM
phil hawkins
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

Adobe is sinking into the sunset and they do not even realize it. The CS3 upgrade was a debacle, and now the CS4 upgrade was much ado about nothing. I've been using it for about 30 days, and so far all I have gained is frustration over the changes in the execution of several basic functions. Awful customer service is making things worse.

Adobe's mantra seems to be the old Communist attitude; "Better 10 people get screwed than to let 1 person get away with using PS not properly licensed."

People are not upgrading as quickly as in years past, and I for one will probably not upgrade for a LONG time on the next one, especially since they boosted the price some 30% for the upgrade and this incessant pushing to buy suites, etc.

Meanwhile, as was mentioned in a previous post, Capture One is a glowing mirage in an otherwise dark, dank cesspool of corporate indifference. All you have to do is go on line, deactivate your existing installation on your old machine, install the download on the new machine, activate on-line and VOILA! All done!! Why, in God's name can't Adobe do the same

Jan 03, 2009 at 02:53 PM
RonR
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

Greetings,

I agree with Phil. Adobe has hit their zenith. I don't see an overwhelming reason to upgrade to CS4 and the suite is not something I need at all. They have shot themselves in the foot with customer service - especially outsourcing it off shore. However, I have deactivated and reactivated my CS3 twice on different computers without a hitch.

Best Regards,

Ron

Jan 03, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Johnny Bravo
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

Bifurcator wrote:
With the bankers taking over the world and ripping the people for now 11.5 trillion dollars which will devalue the dollar to "hyper-stagflation" levels, I think we're going to see a lot of larger companies go totally screwy like this. Just wait till spring 2009 when the other shoe drops. We all may be in for a very big surprise.

Here we go:

Or, umm, http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/D/donhenleylyrics/donhenleyinsidejoblyrics.htm

You're so far off base....it's amazing that anyone can be so ignorant. 11.5 trillion is the dollar value of the ENTIRE US housing debt......and I suppose it's more comfortable for you to assume it's a conspiracy, as you wouldn't want to lay any responsibility at the feet of the millions of folks who committed mortgage fraud and worse, right?

That silly 'inside job' video is somethimg you should be embarassed to post---disgusting and ignorant. imho, of course.

Jan 03, 2009 at 10:06 PM
phil hawkins
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

I agree with Johnny, but not with the tone; and this is the reason there is so much hysteria over the mortgage market now, uninformed news media telling people things that are simply not true. Congress listens to these seriously misguided news reports and you end up with the whole world running down the street in a panic with their eyes closed.

Jan 04, 2009 at 12:54 AM
gfiksel
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

Bifurcator wrote:

Here we go:

World conspiracy theory at the top level of idiocy. Doesn't get any higher.

Jan 04, 2009 at 01:02 AM
jagsiva
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

dmonterisi wrote:
I couldn't tell from the OP whether he was just doing a "cross-grade" (staying with the same product on a different platform) or doing a "cross-platform upgrade" (changing platforms while upgrading versions). I had mixed experience doing both.

damon

I am attempting to go from CS Win to CS4 Mac. Did speak to the California guy on Nov 21st who seemed very helpful at the time, but still no bananas.

jag

Jan 04, 2009 at 01:25 AM
jagsiva
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

phil hawkins wrote:
Meanwhile, as was mentioned in a previous post, Capture One is a glowing mirage in an otherwise dark, dank cesspool of corporate indifference. All you have to do is go on line, deactivate your existing installation on your old machine, install the download on the new machine, activate on-line and VOILA! All done!! Why, in God's name can't Adobe do the same

+1 on C1. Its amazing how companies never realize how far a little customer service will go

Jan 04, 2009 at 01:27 AM
jagsiva
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · SOLVED:Adobe - redefining POOR customer service!!

RonR wrote:
Greetings,

I agree with Phil. Adobe has hit their zenith. I don't see an overwhelming reason to upgrade to CS4 and the suite is not something I need at all. They have shot themselves in the foot with customer service - especially outsourcing it off shore. However, I have deactivated and reactivated my CS3 twice on different computers without a hitch.

Best Regards,

Ron

Yes, you can deactivate and reactivate, but this is not possible if you want to change platforms -- you need a new key. I paid them $200 for the upgrade to CS4 + the platform change...Jag

Jan 04, 2009 at 01:29 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.