fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2008 · Sold: (SOLD) CZ 18mm Distagon f/4, w/Canon adapter

  
 
jessespeer
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Sold: (SOLD) CZ 18mm Distagon f/4, w/Canon adapter


I have a good copy of a Contax Zeiss 18mm Distagon f/4 (AE, made in Germany) that I am offering for sale. Sale price is $525. Includes shipping to CONUS. Certified check, USPS money order or verified PayPal accepted (buyer pays PP fee). CONUS only please.

Included at no extra cost is the excellent HappyPageHK adapter for Canon mount (although you can buy your own adapter and use it with any system). These are $85 new. The adapter features focus confirmation, and EXIF. Note: This particular adapter cannot be used on a 5d.

I bought this lens at KEH for $665 in June. It was described as EX condition, which was very conservative. Glass is perfect. Any wear is extremely minor. You'll receive the lens, and the original push on Contax lens cap. I used this with a 1dsIII for many months. I tested it against my 17-40mm, and ultimately kept the 18mm for wide angle use.

PHOTOS:
- http://www.jessespeer.com/forums/zeiss01.jpg
- http://www.jessespeer.com/forums/zeiss02.jpg
- http://www.jessespeer.com/forums/zeiss03.jpg

Edited on Nov 23, 2008 at 11:45 AM · View previous versions



Nov 21, 2008 at 12:02 AM
jessespeer
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Sold: (SOLD) CZ 18mm Distagon f/4, w/Canon adapter


Edit: Ooops. You can find a similar lens for my original listing price at KEH, so I lowered the price. Remember, free adapter and free shipping.

BTW, I'm selling because I no longer own a 1dsIII, and want to go back to wide angle zoom.



Nov 21, 2008 at 01:24 AM
jessespeer
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Sold: (SOLD) CZ 18mm Distagon f/4, w/Canon adapter


Thanks for the PM's.

There is no filter thread. Zeiss made a push on filter adapter for this lens. Those are nearly impossible to find now, unless you buy a lens that comes with one - usually adding $150-200 to the price. Mine didn't not come with one from KEH. Thanks!



Nov 21, 2008 at 11:19 AM
jessespeer
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Sold: (SOLD) CZ 18mm Distagon f/4, w/Canon adapter


Sale pending. Thanks!


Nov 23, 2008 at 11:44 AM





FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account