Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              305      
       307              502       503       end

Post your recent film shots!

wayne seltzer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.306 #1 · p.306 #1 · Post your recent film shots!

Peter, how does the san Miguel mission compare to the one nearby, mission san Antonio?

Dec 01, 2012 at 05:42 PM
Tarocco
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.306 #2 · p.306 #2 · Post your recent film shots!

Here's a few from my first couple of rolls... Still learning how to develop and scan myself but this film thing sure is fun. All with an OM2N / 50 1.4 / Tri-X 400.

Dec 01, 2012 at 05:56 PM
Jon Buffington
• • •
p.306 #3 · p.306 #3 · Post your recent film shots!

How hard is developing traditional B&W film yourself? I would love to try it but am very space limited in my house.

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:03 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.306 #4 · p.306 #4 · Post your recent film shots!

Been gone for some time now, but am catching up on all the posts! I had a remodel done on my home and had to lock up ALL the cameras in a safe closet; cover them in plastic and tape the door shut (took all precautions with dust and such). Just developed my first roll in about a month and scanned yesterday. Also made some AWESOME 11x14 prints in the darkroom yesterday. So happy to be back in the swing of things.

Hi to all!

Minolta Autocord

Bessa R4A and 28 1.9

Bessa R4A and 28 1.9

Minolta Autocord

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:06 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.306 #5 · p.306 #5 · Post your recent film shots!

Did some B&W today, don't mind this one
TMAX100, Nikkor 75/4.5, Orange Filter

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:35 AM
Tarocco
• •
p.306 #6 · p.306 #6 · Post your recent film shots!

Jon Buffington wrote:
How hard is developing traditional B&W film yourself? I would love to try it but am very space limited in my house.

It's really very easy and you don't need much space at all. Here's a good and very simple guide:

http://prosophos.com/2012/06/02/qa-how-i-develop-film-part-1/

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:46 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.306 #7 · p.306 #7 · Post your recent film shots!

Some 4x5 Ektar from my Razzle

Hmmm noticed a lot of my Razzle shots are back focused so I shifted the lens plane at infinity checking with a ground glass and adjusted the rangefinder to match. Future shots should be more accurate. It's hard shooting 135/3.5 wide open handheld.

This one from the Ebony

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:35 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.306 #8 · p.306 #8 · Post your recent film shots!

"Peter, how does the san Miguel mission compare to the one nearby, mission san Antonio? "

It's been quite a few years since I've been by the San Antonio Mission, so I really can't say. It's also located on Hunter Liggett Military Reservation and the security is much tighter just getting through the gate than it used to be. What I do remember is that there are lots more oak trees around San Antonio.

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:27 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.306 #9 · p.306 #9 · Post your recent film shots!

Ebony 45S, Schneider 110/5.6, Ektar

(think the blix left residue on the film which I will have to try my hand at cleaning)
Ebony 45S, Nikkor 75/4.5, Ektar

Dec 02, 2012 at 08:20 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.306 #10 · p.306 #10 · Post your recent film shots!

Love the look of 4x5 color neg there. You just don't see much of that anymore. Nice stuff!

Here's another Mamiya 7, but with the seldom used 80mm this time. T-Max100, 25A filter. Along Hwy 395 north of Bishop, Ca.

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

thrice
• • • •
p.306 #11 · p.306 #11 · Post your recent film shots!

I was suprised at how far I can shift the 75mm Nikkor... You can see the bellows shading starting to creep in at the bottom. This is Portra 160.

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Jon Buffington
• • •
p.306 #12 · p.306 #12 · Post your recent film shots!

Tarocco wrote:
It's really very easy and you don't need much space at all. Here's a good and very simple guide:

http://prosophos.com/2012/06/02/qa-how-i-develop-film-part-1/

Thank you! Looks simple enough.

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:38 PM
redisburning
• • •
Account locked
p.306 #13 · p.306 #13 · Post your recent film shots!

Thrice, really digging the Ebony shots.

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:06 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.306 #14 · p.306 #14 · Post your recent film shots!

Peter Figen wrote:
Love the look of 4x5 color neg there. You just don't see much of that anymore. Nice stuff!

Here's another Mamiya 7, but with the seldom used 80mm this time. T-Max100, 25A filter. Along Hwy 395 north of Bishop, Ca.

Beautiful. Love the red filter effect here!

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:12 PM
thrice
• • • •
p.306 #15 · p.306 #15 · Post your recent film shots!

redisburning wrote:
Thrice, really digging the Ebony shots.

Thank you there are more here. I'm adding them as I scan.

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:50 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.306 #16 · p.306 #16 · Post your recent film shots!

Holy crap, Thrice (or should I call you Daniel) - why oh why have I never been to your website before?? You have some beautiful work there. Do you sell prints?

Speaking of selling prints; these two just sold in 11x14 darkroom prints mounted in black museum metal frames (16x20). First was a full uncropped version and second was a pretty significant crop (with no image deterioration at ALL). Both from the Mamiya 7 and 43.

Dec 03, 2012 at 12:38 AM
corposant
• • • •
p.306 #17 · p.306 #17 · Post your recent film shots!

KatieInTexas wrote:
Holy crap, Thrice (or should I call you Daniel) - why oh why have I never been to your website before?? You have some beautiful work there. Do you sell prints?

Speaking of selling prints; these two just sold in 11x14 darkroom prints mounted in black museum metal frames (16x20). First was a full uncropped version and second was a pretty significant crop (with no image deterioration at ALL). Both from the Mamiya 7 and 43.

I hear he gets Cindy Sherman pricing on all his prints from 4x5.

Congrats on the sales, Katie!

Dec 03, 2012 at 12:43 AM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.306 #18 · p.306 #18 · Post your recent film shots!

Thanks Mike! Have you been shooting much film lately? I've kinda been out of the loop and haven't had much time to read posts. How's it going without the Mamiya 7ii (I'm sure you miss her) - are you a Hassy shooter now; or have you gone digit@l?

Dec 03, 2012 at 01:34 AM
corposant
• • • •
p.306 #19 · p.306 #19 · Post your recent film shots!

KatieInTexas wrote:
Thanks Mike! Have you been shooting much film lately? I've kinda been out of the loop and haven't had much time to read posts. How's it going without the Mamiya 7ii (I'm sure you miss her) - are you a Hassy shooter now; or have you gone digit@l?

I still shoot a decent amount of film - I have about 170 rolls of 120/220 in my freezer, so there's no shortage to shoot...and I have been digital for a long time! Funny you should mention the Mamiya - I decided to reacquire one and it'll be here this week. I don't do nearly the amount of camera trading as some folks do, but it's one of the very few cameras I really missed and regretted selling, so I bought a M7ii with the 80mm. I can still rent the UWAs here for a reasonable amount when I go out into the backcountry. Maybe if I see a great deal, I'll get the 43mm again. Regarding Hasselblad, it was more of a monetary thing. I like the system, but the upkeep and the cost of equipment is quite expensive. My RZ was a pittance in comparison and is just as capable (maybe more so), only at the expense of portability and handling.

One of my early new year's resolutions is to cut my forum contribution time down dramatically. I think I average 2.5 posts/day (since 2010) and in my opinion that's about 2.2 posts too many! I want to push myself to take more risks in photography, and I realized that the catalyst to start that journey isn't going to be in front of a computer. Thankfully this thread (as well as the rest of the forum) has many great contributors, and I am sure I'll break my own rules...like I am doing right now!

Dec 03, 2012 at 05:54 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.306 #20 · p.306 #20 · Post your recent film shots!

KatieInTexas wrote:

I'm immensely flattered Katie thank you. You can call me Daniel or Dan.
I do sell prints, if it's not in the 'store' section of the website (ie. in the blog only, everything in the gallery is in the store) then get in touch with me, it might not be sharp enough at high magnifications for whatever reason.

corposant wrote:
I hear he gets Cindy Sherman pricing on all his prints from 4x5.

Congrats on the sales, Katie!

Bahaha

Dec 03, 2012 at 09:36 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password