Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New rumour - June

Not much really.

5D Mk II.
1D Mk III N.
2 new lenses.

The source is an old Israeli photographer which shoots Nikon, has a vast collection of Nikon equipment and has some internal knowledge in Nikon and Canon (a little). FWIW, he is well respected in Israel and is considered a reliable source.

BTW, the link is in Hebrew so I see no point in posting it. Then again, if some of you do read Hebrew I will post it.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 30, 2008 at 04:25 AM
EvilZardoz
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New rumour - June

Any more info? The 5D's replacement is starting to become very obvious for their next announcement. The two new lenses could be interesting - here's hoping there's a 24-70 2.8L IS in the mix..

Apr 30, 2008 at 04:34 AM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New rumour - June

Here we go again

Apr 30, 2008 at 04:46 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New rumour - June

No more info. Sorry.

The 24-70/2.8 IS is long overdue.
http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00GvWX

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 30, 2008 at 04:49 AM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New rumour - June

I will believe it when I see it (In the shops!).

Apr 30, 2008 at 04:50 AM
KiboOst
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New rumour - June

Ahahah the 5DII is really the Arlesienne ! I've never seen so much rumors during so long on a future yet not announced/seen camera ! I remember beginning of 2007, I was waiting for 5DII annoucement, with rumors everywhere and we are mid 2008 and still nothing. Funny. The 5DII is a landmark even before existing !
Anyway I've gone the used 1DsII road and couldn't be happier (have tested 1DsIII but double price was not reasonnable).

Nic

Apr 30, 2008 at 05:29 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New rumour - June

Phew. That's nothing. The rumours for the 3D date much further back…..

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 30, 2008 at 05:53 AM
darryn patch
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New rumour - June

Like I said I can't see the 5D being upgraded anytime soon I reckon 12 months atleast before an upgrade.

Apr 30, 2008 at 05:55 AM
chris78cpr
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New rumour - June

1D Mk III N.

And it's star feature will be a bigger LCD and AF that works?

Come on, they havnt even got the 1diii working right yet, they can't be bringing out a replacement.

That would be rather stupid and just kick pro's in the teeth who've shelled out and spent a lot of money on the mkiii and had all these problems.

Chris

Apr 30, 2008 at 06:05 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New rumour - June

1. I don't know what will the changes be. Neither does he.
2. A more detailed screen is likely as is AF in LV like the 40D etc. but the main issue - at least IMHO - will be an excellent AF system, as it was suppose to be in the first place. This is necessary to neutralize the effect of the D3 and erase all memory of the 1D Mk III fiasco. Canon needs/wants to be top dog again. No questions asked.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 30, 2008 at 06:11 AM
chris78cpr
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New rumour - June

Yakim Peled wrote:
1. I don't know what will the changes be. Neither does he.
2. A more detailed screen is likely as is AF in LV like the 40D etc. but the main issue - at least IMHO - will be an excellent AF system, as it was suppose to be in the first place. This is necessary to neutralize the effect of the D3 and erase all memory of the 1D Mk III fiasco. Canon needs/wants to be top dog again. No questions asked.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Well to be "Top Dog" again they should focus their $$$ on sorting out the customers who have shelled out on the camera already and making sure that A: They have a perfectly functioning camera that is as it was described. B: Giving them some sort of incentive to stay with Canon, ie a voucher, free servicing of gear, etc to show them that they are genuinly sorry for dicking them about with a camera that doesn't work and that they want their custom.

Already i know of 2 or 3 pro's that have gone from Canon to Nikon. While it's not much, it's still could mean 2/3 pro bodies every 2 years which is another £10-£15k per person canon are losing plus accesories.

If canon release a 1dmkiii they will do more harm than good to the pros that use their gear in my eyes.

Chris

Apr 30, 2008 at 06:22 AM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New rumour - June

darryn patch wrote:
Like I said I can't see the 5D being upgraded anytime soon I reckon 12 months atleast before an upgrade.

Quoted for truth.

Apr 30, 2008 at 06:25 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New rumour - June

chris78cpr wrote:
Well to be "Top Dog" again they should focus their $$$ on sorting out the customers who have shelled out on the camera already and making sure that A: They have a perfectly functioning camera that is as it was described. B: Giving them some sort of incentive to stay with Canon, ie a voucher, free servicing of gear, etc to show them that they are genuinly sorry for dicking them about with a camera that doesn't work and that they want their custom.

They can do all that and release an N model.

chris78cpr wrote:
If canon release a 1dmkiii they will do more harm than good to the pros that use their gear in my eyes.

I don't think so. It's clear that they need to do something to make the pros forget the 1D Mk III fiasco but the exact nature of the move is to be decided on the marketing level. If I had a say in Canon I'd certainly give 1D Mk III owners a voucher to the 1D Mk III N but alas I am not….

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 30, 2008 at 06:58 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New rumour - June

1D III N specs:

digic III+, improved NR, larger RAW buffer, ISO 50-12800, 3" 1MP LCD, UDMA, HDMI, further tweaks to AF, DRO ala 450D, AF in LV superior to 450D, wireless flash support, improved A/D converter for real 14 bit capture, enhanced battery performance, -/+4EV exposure scale.

5D will be replaced this year 110% guaranteed.

Apr 30, 2008 at 07:03 AM
paulhodson
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New rumour - June

I understand the 5D II will be replaced by a 5D III eventually - but may have a different name.

Can't reveal my sources - but you heard it here first

Apr 30, 2008 at 07:04 AM
xichlo
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New rumour - June

Keep doing this, then I will get my 2nd 5D at the super cheap price. Yehaaa

Edited on Apr 30, 2008 at 07:33 AM

Apr 30, 2008 at 07:33 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New rumour - June

By the time the 5DII comes out it will already be two years old and due for replacement

Apr 30, 2008 at 07:41 AM
Red Grainger
• •
[X]
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New rumour - June

chris78cpr wrote:
And it's star feature will be a bigger LCD and AF that works?

Come on, they havnt even got the 1diii working right yet, they can't be bringing out a replacement.

That would be rather stupid and just kick pro's in the teeth who've shelled out and spent a lot of money on the mkiii and had all these problems.

Chris

Chris,
In a truely Just World, your sentiments and thoughts on what is the right and correct approach for Canon to take would be correct. Unfortunately, Canon is in the Business of making money and that is what will drive their marketing plans, particlarly in the near term. Keep in mind, a camera body is only just a platform upon which to mount a lens. Lenses are where Canon really makes all of their profit (note I said profit), at least in the still camera segment. The SLR marketing strategy, of all SLR makers is, and will remain, to get people to buy into their particular platform so that they can continue to sell them lenses. Unlike the previous, high volume, point and shoot segment of the market, buyers in the SLR segment become committed to a particular brand and so become the proverbial "Goose that lays golden egg" Canon needs to increase the size of that Goose flock; that's the name of the game. To their way of thinking, fairness has nothing to do with marketing. FYI: my own experiecne with the new 1 Series has not been good but I can work around these problems because the one thing in which I am certain is, it is in Canon's own best interest to introduce better bodies in the very near future (less than one year). Serious freelance pros have too much invested in glass to go jumping brands. Thanks for giving me a reason to rant

By the way Yakim, I think your contact is right on as far as what will be introduced and for the reasons I indicated above.

Cheers-Red

Edited by Red Grainger on Apr 30, 2008 at 01:06 PM GMT (Reason: spelling corrections)

Edited on Apr 30, 2008 at 08:06 AM

Apr 30, 2008 at 07:57 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New rumour - June

Fairness may have nothing to do with marketing but unhappy gees may join another flock, thereby decrease the size of Canon's flock and THAT may worry the marketing guys.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Apr 30, 2008 at 08:05 AM
Red Grainger
• •
[X]
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New rumour - June

Yakim,
It is my hope that the marketing guys are worried
Cheers-Red

Apr 30, 2008 at 08:08 AM
       2       3              6       7       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              6       7       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.