Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3618      
       3620              4837       4838       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Donald Gray
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3619 #1 · p.3619 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Lady Jo
Thanks for the feedback - I will have a look at the vid in a moment - I have read the write up on the Mk3 Black Edition and it appears that the lens selectable 'wide, medium and narrow' fields of view - I haven't seen the actual focal lengths written down but I believe the 'narrow angle' (faux telephoto) is the equiv to c18 or 21mm which seems ok-ish considering that my HTC One X mobile phone spews passable & sharpish point & shoot images with a 3mm lens!

The advertising splurge on the 3 here does seem impressive hence my interest. That said, nowt like getting a users point of view.

Thanks Jo

Mar 23, 2013 at 03:44 PM
Donald Gray
• • • •
p.3619 #2 · p.3619 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Jim
Thanks for the comment - I do have a a couple of other Canon P&S cameras (A620s usually both clamped together and electronically synchronised as a stereo thingy) - but some of the vids on the GoPro site (URL in my reply to Lady JO) have whetted the appetite.

BTW: Jo and Jim - thank you both for the good wishes re the op! Very much appreciated.

Mar 23, 2013 at 03:53 PM
Donald Gray
• • • •
p.3619 #3 · p.3619 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Lady Jo - I love the shed video - how did you control the 'pull back' do you have a motorised dolly?

I am looking for a low cost solution (homebrew) rotator for rotational panning on time lapse...

This is one of my

" target="_blank">humble attempts
at TL... I got the timeing of the music wrong - it ends a few seconds before the end of the vid.

I apologise now for the tacky count down on the start up

It was made with my 20D, stock 18-55 lens & homebrew intervalometer set at 3 seconds

Mar 23, 2013 at 04:12 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3619 #4 · p.3619 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Donald,

I've seen pics on web of a hacked Ikea egg timer being used for rotating timelapse.

Mar 23, 2013 at 04:31 PM
futurshox
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3619 #5 · p.3619 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

http://hackaday.com/2011/09/21/build-cheap-panning-camera-mounts-for-time-lapse-photography/

Like this!

Mar 23, 2013 at 04:35 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3619 #6 · p.3619 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The panning and zooming in the shed video was done in post with LRTimelapse software, which works alongside Lightroom. It is pretty slick. LRTimelapse.com

Mar 23, 2013 at 04:36 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3619 #7 · p.3619 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hello Donald,
Nice to see you about the place. Very good news about the hip replacements. Now that Thea is 12 weeks + into post op recovery I can only hope that yours goes as well. In Thea's case the transformation has been wonderful – in terms of mobility the clock has been turned back at least 5 years.
Had a look at the calender and figured that you might be far enough post first op to do Yeovilton. I say that on the basis that if your fit enough to do a BBQ ….. well your fit enough to do a chair mounted airshow – and we will just get a take away for the evening. Of course Mac The Knife may just wheel you in for the second hip in exactly 12 weeks – in which case we will just have to do without you. But I will be sure to give your regards to the gent with the “grow through” hair cut.

Mar 23, 2013 at 05:43 PM
Donald Gray
• • • •
p.3619 #8 · p.3619 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Mark and Jo for Ikea solution. the Idea looks worth exploring. I have been thinking on the lines of stepper motor but ...

@Nick: those dramatic land/seascapes you put up a few pages back are absolutely awesome. Great post processing - magic!

Good to hear Thea is on the go again after her op. Please extend greetings from Diana & I. I have a friend in France who hat the hip op last Saturday and was walking unaided 24 hours later. It believe the relief from the pain virtually instant on waking up after the carve up. (Diana won't let me ask the surgeon for a souvenir - it would be a great talking point, mounted and polished on a mahogany plinth!

The idea of a sitdown show is appealing - we will see... If I can't make it, please do forward my greeting to that folically challenges gentle(?)man.

Mar 23, 2013 at 07:04 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3619 #9 · p.3619 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

OK Texas folks, I think the time has come for me to either actually sell my photos online for honest to goodness actual money, or quit this photography lark altogether. (Kinda sorta). I get the occasional request from someone wanting a picture from my website and every time, I don't know how to handle it.

This is coming from someone who is fundamentally pathetic at handling money, so I guess I will let an online house do it for me. But that leads me to questions like 'which one'? Smugmug is lovely I am sure, but I do not see myself making back the $150/year they want. Has anyone used Bluemelon? They are cheaper.

I am asking Texas folks because I would like to know from scratch, 101, idiots guide to taking money for online sales of photos, please. I did find this which helps, but I still am entirely clueless about whether I need to register a business or get a sales tax license or file which kind of forms or WHAT. I mean, I need it spelled out for me in big letters, everything I need to do.

If anyone could help and would be willing to handhold a nervous wreck then you would be awesome. PM me if you like.

Thank you.

Mar 23, 2013 at 07:17 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3619 #10 · p.3619 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jo have a look at Zenfolio as well.

Mar 23, 2013 at 07:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Go4Long
• • •
p.3619 #11 · p.3619 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And smugmug sent out a notice that they are increasing their price for the pro level service...I believe they said it was going to be 250

Mar 23, 2013 at 09:17 PM
James Eaton
• •
p.3619 #12 · p.3619 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

@Jo, I would definitely check out the Zenfolio recommendation. This is my 4th year of being a Zen user, and the prices are very affordable compared to similar hosting sites, when it comes to membership cost', and what you get for your $$$.

Regards, James

Mar 23, 2013 at 09:26 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3619 #13 · p.3619 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Brian:
I make that photo look good!

Glenn

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3619 #14 · p.3619 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

+1 on Zenfolio Jo. I've pretty much covered the $100/year fee at the Taylor 100 every year. They have an even cheaper option if you dont care to have a name.zenfolio.com rather that using your own domain name.

Glenn

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3619 #15 · p.3619 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'll help you Lady Jo, it's not a s daunting as it seems. Zenfolio is a good suggestion, although I haven't taken advantage of my membership and set things up the way they should be. Let's talk about it when we get together for the races in April.

BTW, the thought of you "giving up" is not one any of us could see you doing in a million years. So, we'll just build you a business.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3619 #16 · p.3619 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

In case you haven't run across it, there's an article in the March ISnAP you might enjoy reading..........

http://issuu.com/isaporg/docs/isnapmar2013d

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Chris Luvara
• •
p.3619 #17 · p.3619 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Pretty incredible day.. finally got to take my Dad up in the Mustang.

Can't even begin to describe the feeling of being able to share it with him.

Chris

(photo credit to my brother)

Mar 24, 2013 at 02:39 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3619 #18 · p.3619 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Chris, that is awesome, truly. It is a great thing to be able to share a passion like that

Mar 24, 2013 at 02:48 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3619 #19 · p.3619 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I had Zenfolio, I am currently with Smugmug, both are good. One is cheaper, one seems a little more customization friendly, but overall they both get it done just fine.

Mar 24, 2013 at 02:51 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3619 #20 · p.3619 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I know the feeling, Jo. I also use Zenfolio, but I'm still at a loss for the rest of the business stuff. But, just like I'm doing in school,( not giving up on it,) I'm also not giving up on maybe getting to where some return on my investment in photography happens. I sold a print to my chemistry professor , but not that it's going to help my grade any. Can't help you with the other stuff, but I can at least sympathize with you.

futurshox wrote:
OK Texas folks, I think the time has come for me to either actually sell my photos online for honest to goodness actual money, or quit this photography lark altogether. (Kinda sorta). I get the occasional request from someone wanting a picture from my website and every time, I don't know how to handle it.

This is coming from someone who is fundamentally pathetic at handling money, so I guess I will let an online house do it for me. But that leads me to questions like 'which one'? Smugmug is lovely I am sure, but I do not see
...Show more

Mar 24, 2013 at 03:00 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password