Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3607      
       3609              4347       4348       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3608 #1 · p.3608 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm seeing these interiors in my sleep!

Mar 14, 2013 at 07:24 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3608 #2 · p.3608 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I can't divulge the details at this juncture, but we have nailed down an exceptional presentation roster for the symposium. Maybe the best ever. The formal announcement will be out very shortly. Between the pre-symposium field trip, the field trip and the speaker line up, this should be one heck of a gathering.

You would not believe the number of moving parts to something like this. We're not at all tardy, if you use previous history as a guide, with our finalized schedule, and you obviously can't drop names and then have them fall through, so it's kind of the way the thing works. Sure would be easier on the board if we nailed everything down late in the year, and we're going to try that for 2014.

With almost all of the schedule finalized, all I have to do at this point is cross my fingers that some dear client doesn't wave cash at me in mid-May to be someplace else. Our board positions are two years, so if I stick to that, 2013 will be the last symposium I have a hand in orchestrating, so I'd like to be there to see it unfold.

Mar 14, 2013 at 08:56 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3608 #3 · p.3608 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt wrote:
Looking again at your posted sailboats .. not quite the same as our log canoes other than the boards ........

and thinking I believe I've heard Red Snapper is one of those fish most often mis represented for sale .....

The Rage is a Bahamian sloop, characterized by the forward mast and outrageously long boom. It was blowing 20 knots and they had a reef in the main so you don't get the full effect.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Angry
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3608 #4 · p.3608 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

@ Jim, are you standing on top of your trailer there Jim

@ Curtis, such elegant lines on those boats....talk about a balancing act...

Not bad sized fish,.... but we catch some really big ones here in the fresh water..they are called Murray Cod...we catch & release all the big fish here..just kodak them....

Ill post some tionight if I get a chance, got a Sunset car shoot tonight......you guys would call it an Chevy ElCamino pickup...we call it a Holden Commodore Ute...

Al

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Cicopo
• • •
p.3608 #5 · p.3608 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry, your Snapper look much more like Jacks or Mahi Mahi (aka Dorado or Dolphin Fish) from their head shapes but then again I'm only familiar with the species found in the Caribbean. Irregardless of what they are called looks like you had a good day of fishing. Are they much of a fighter when on the line? I gave up fishing when I started swimming with them but fishing was a passion while growing up.

I've done a more careful edit to a few of my Snowbird shots from last Sept's Wings over Gatineau and I'm finding that editing sky in CS4 to look blue leaves me with a slightly purple sky in every other viewing program I have (when working from the RAW files) so I've reverted to the jpg's and fine tuned them. Does the sky look natural or do I have a problem to solve? I may have to try DPP to see how it looks there but I haven't used that program in a very long time. (I have an IPS monitor & I've calibrated it to match the output of my printers)

And this is the same pass the following day but even though they had brought in 2 extra Birds they couldn't field a full set for the routine.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3608 #6 · p.3608 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Love that wet look on the exterior Jim, well done on the lighting as well. Not pulling the same tv trick as last time?

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3608 #7 · p.3608 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A couple more from Air Fiesta

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3608 #8 · p.3608 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yes, I shot all these exteriors from the top of my trailer. Partly because the builder installed that goofy fence to direct traffic through the sales office and then on to the street full of models. My trailer is worth it's weight in gold for so many reasons, the custom platform I had built on top is just one of them.

No Brian, I didn't want to wear out the impact of super imposing dusk shots on all the screens, so I just left the "Cars" image on this one.

Something most of you will probably never need to know, this afternoon I was moving from a dining room shot to the next set up and was blowing out the candles on the dining room table. They were in hurricane style glass shrouds. One large one in the middle and two smaller ones on each side. I blew out the first little one, then the big middle one, I leaned over the third one and the smoke from the last one made be instantly sneeze. Seems the design of the glass shroud was perfectly shaped to propel the molten wax right back into my face and my right eye. Needless to say, this is hardly any fun at all. I don't think I did any permanent damage, but my right eye is a bit sore. Could have been a lot worse I guess. Hope it's back to 20/20 when I rack out at 5 tomorrow to wrap up the marathon. So, don't sneeze over a molten candle, just in case you find yourself in that situation.

Edited on Mar 15, 2013 at 01:07 AM · View previous versions

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:40 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3608 #9 · p.3608 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Spring is almost here

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3608 #10 · p.3608 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yep these Snapper pull like a freight train.....
And pretty good eating...

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ifxbonz
• • •
p.3608 #11 · p.3608 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Andy

Mar 15, 2013 at 02:37 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3608 #12 · p.3608 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

thats the Pitts....Andy..(is ot ?)

brian love the T6

Mar 15, 2013 at 03:59 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3608 #13 · p.3608 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cicopo wrote:
And this is the same pass the following day but even though they had brought in 2 extra Birds they couldn't field a full set for the routine.

Keep in mind those planes were put in to service in 1960, and I don't mean the Tutors, I mean the snowbirds Tutors...if they make it to when they're anticipating (2020) that'd be 60 years in service.

Mar 15, 2013 at 04:04 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3608 #14 · p.3608 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve is so defensive about those POS snowbird airplanes!

Mar 15, 2013 at 05:12 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3608 #15 · p.3608 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh hell no...I think they're pieces of crap. But we can't even get a budget approved to buy a frontline fighter, I don't see them approving replacing the snowbirds jets any time soon. There was a rumor of them going to Hawks a couple years back, but the deal that had been proposed fell through.

Mar 15, 2013 at 05:22 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3608 #16 · p.3608 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Got a great shot of one at Alliance!

Glenn

Mar 15, 2013 at 05:30 AM
Cicopo
• • •
p.3608 #17 · p.3608 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I knew they were old & overdue for a modern replacement but I didn't realize they were quite that old. I can't remember exactly when I first saw one fly but it was after we transferred to Ottawa which was in 63. Either way it's time to buy something modern.

Mar 15, 2013 at 01:09 PM
ifxbonz
• • •
p.3608 #18 · p.3608 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The great one on taxi after a flight !

Andy

Mar 15, 2013 at 03:19 PM
AceyCandler

p.3608 #19 · p.3608 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good ole Lee Lauderback!

Mar 15, 2013 at 03:44 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3608 #20 · p.3608 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian wrote:
Spring is almost here

I wish. It was 20F this morning, and they are talking about plowable snow on Monday night. March in New England can be a real tease....

Mark

Mar 15, 2013 at 04:39 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password