Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3598      
       3600              4321       4322       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3599 #1 · p.3599 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, I think you could make my camping trailer look spectacular. The interior shot looks like it was lit with natural light from the windows...but we know different! The client got a great value, those are beautiful.

TOPP Edit:

Guarding the cove

Mar 08, 2013 at 02:33 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3599 #2 · p.3599 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you Wrei! I love the challenge of architectural assignments. There are 9 Elinchrom's and two dozen varying wattage "kicker" lights in that composition, a three hour style, light and shoot perspective. That shot is one of the 17TS "hero" shots.

Heres' the media room..............................with a little trick my clients have learned to love..............

Mar 08, 2013 at 02:42 PM
yipDog
• •
p.3599 #3 · p.3599 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very nice shots! Love the image on the TV!

Mar 08, 2013 at 03:02 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3599 #4 · p.3599 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cool House Jim looks really nice is the street level that tilted? Good luck with the rest of your assignments

Mar 08, 2013 at 03:11 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3599 #5 · p.3599 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Greetings from Austin Bergstrom. I am off to Blighty. Catch you on the other side!

Mar 08, 2013 at 03:16 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3599 #6 · p.3599 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Greetings from Austin Bergstrom. I am off to Blighty. Catch you on the other side!

Have a great trip Jo

Mar 08, 2013 at 03:31 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3599 #7 · p.3599 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Safe trip Jo!

Jim, just plain gorgeous. I loved that last shot best for some reason, even without the tv trick, thinking something about the interesting textures of the wall.

Mar 08, 2013 at 03:35 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3599 #8 · p.3599 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

J Mosher wrote:
Just dropping in to say hello. Maybe with my impending mandated days off I can get out and shoot more.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8234/8537588617_2bf8a3a58e_b.jpg

JM

Jeremy - Your Strike Eagles "head-on" shot is one of my favorite images on MA2A thus far in 2013. Great, great work sir.

BTW, hang in there

Edited on Mar 08, 2013 at 04:58 PM · View previous versions

Mar 08, 2013 at 04:42 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3599 #9 · p.3599 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim - Your architectural work is always inspiring.

Mar 08, 2013 at 04:43 PM
Leftcoast_Mike

p.3599 #10 · p.3599 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I have to agree with the others, Jim. Your architectural work is incredible!

Jeremy - that Strike Eagle shot is something I've dreamed of getting. My all-time favorite modern fighter. Terrific shot, sir!

There is an huge amount of talent in here. Just flipping the pages in awe of it all.

Mar 08, 2013 at 05:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3599 #11 · p.3599 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Have Fun Jo!

You should be doing workshops Jim. You'd clean up.

Mar 08, 2013 at 07:30 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3599 #12 · p.3599 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That'll be fun Mike. Get your res in early because that's going to be a limited attendance pre-field trip. The Navy put a cap on the number of folks we can bring.

Somebody clue me in by PM, please: my Internet connection hangs by a thread here on the Abacos and loading FM pages is an iffy proposition. Photos when I get back to civilization...

Mar 08, 2013 at 08:27 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3599 #13 · p.3599 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That'll be fun Mike. Get your res in early because that's going to be a limited attendance pre-field trip. The Navy put a cap on the number of folks we can bring.

Somebody clue me in by PM, please: my Internet connection hangs by a thread here on the Abacos and loading FM pages is an iffy proposition. Photos when I get back to civilization...

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3599 #14 · p.3599 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3599 #15 · p.3599 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Mar 08, 2013 at 08:28 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3599 #16 · p.3599 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Now this is a compact glider ..

http://player.vimeo.com/video/39325401

Mar 08, 2013 at 08:30 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3599 #17 · p.3599 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeremy, those Strike Eagles are absolutely jaw-dropping.

Mar 08, 2013 at 10:02 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3599 #18 · p.3599 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Contributed an image for the 162nd AZANG to use on a manual...

Mar 08, 2013 at 10:18 PM
J Mosher
• •
p.3599 #19 · p.3599 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you Jim, Jeff, Mike and Rodolfo. I appreciate it.

Jeremy

Mar 08, 2013 at 11:01 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3599 #20 · p.3599 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks everyone!

Safe and productive trip Lady Jo!

Thanks Jay, funny, I can't even get Canon to look at me as one of them "Explorer" type guys. Actually, when I added Nikon to my arsenal, I was really glad that I didn't have a contract with Canon. If they catch you looking in the dark direction all heck breaks loose, understandably I guess.

Seminars, what do they say, "those that can't do, teach? While I don't think that applies across the board, in our industry, many who can "do" but can't make a living at it, find teaching more lucrative. I could give a residential architecture seminar, and any number of my clients would give me the run of homes from a few hundred thousand to millions, but then a dozen people in my back yard would know exactly how I do what I do. Whether they could actually do it, and convince clients that they could do it, is another matter, but theoretically, they'd be armed with knowledge that takes years to cultivate for most in the biz.

Speaking just between us, and the zillions of folks who lurk here, and I'll probably get blasted by a handful of ISAP complainers, but here it is. There's something in my business acumen that tells me teaching your potential competition, in bulk, techniques that will save them a decade or more of getting up to speed, isn't the brightest thing one can do. I am happy to give a great presentation and salt it with unique situations and experiences, but would I stand in front of 100 attendees and show them exactly how I light a business jet? Call me crazy, but not on your life. I struggle with the dividing line (not within the family here) between encouraging someone with talent and desire, and handing them the keys to the kingdom. Now that's not something that you'll find people candidly discussing, like we are here, but come on, photography is competitive enough as it is. On the other hand, you'll not find me hiding my light under a bushel, (unless that is what the bushel needs to be shot properly), and discouraging someone with a dream from pursuing it. Like I said, fine line.

Now if you're a Joe McNally, George Lepp, Steve McCurry, etc., and you have decided that the rigorous tenacity required in chasing assignments has lost it's appeal (and boy I can relate at times) then clean up teaching your hard won techniques to aspiring pros, you are no longer competing in that arena anyway and teaching people who love doing what you do is just plain fun.

I think I told Y'all about my first five years in the business. I was amazed at the number of pro shooters who treated you like you were going to steal their souls if you asked a question about a beautiful image they had created. That's not my style anyway, but I made a note to self, never to treat anyone that way if I found myself in the remote situation where I might actually know something someone would want to know. So far I haven't had to test the theory I'm in a rather unique position because my client list keeps my W2 in the top 1% of commercial photographers in the world when the measurement is income, so as long as my faculties and stamina allow, I guess you'll find me behind a Gitzo doing what I am so very blessed to do.

Edited on Mar 09, 2013 at 12:23 AM · View previous versions

Mar 08, 2013 at 11:04 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password