Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3565      
       3567              4133       4134       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3566 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice Tim. Beautiful mix of aviation and racing. Love the job you do with the Petit Lemans night shots.

Now that my daughter's hockey season is winding down, I've finally managed to create the team photo for them. Major mistake on my part, the captains were supposed to be in the middle, but in the scramble to set it up (we didn't have much time), I didn't notice they were too far right. Arrrggghhh.

My daughter is wearing the A on the captain's left.

Mark

Edited on Feb 22, 2013 at 01:11 AM · View previous versions

Feb 18, 2013 at 01:19 AM
RobMoser
• • •
p.3566 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Pretty day in Fort Worth today so wandered around down town. Nan and I thought we might to the zoo, but it was a zoo; apparently everyone else had the same idea and it was packed. So headed down to Sundance square and the Flying Saucer for some beer and chili. Then wandered by Bass Hall to the Fort Worth Water Gardens.

Rob

Feb 18, 2013 at 02:06 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3566 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice Rob! A beautiful Lone Star day for sure. The G35 kept the Cub nestled in the hangar unfortunately.

Feb 18, 2013 at 02:49 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3566 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice Rob! A beautiful Lone Star day for sure. The G35 kept the Cub nestled in the hangar unfortunately.

Feb 18, 2013 at 02:49 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3566 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's a great team shot Mark, small hiccup not withstanding. I wouldn't have known that. Very nice composition and light.

Feb 18, 2013 at 02:50 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3566 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Al! Do a little recon and see what a case of them would cost to buy and ship. If it's not just crazy, I'm in!

Feb 18, 2013 at 02:54 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3566 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sent Fred a pm this morning to see if we could get the "s" dropped from our name, he already did it! What a guy!

Feb 18, 2013 at 03:00 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3566 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Mark:

Nice shot - looks like a challenging enviroment. Is the ice black or is that some setup for the photo?

Glenn

Feb 18, 2013 at 03:03 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3566 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Those are beautiful airframes Mr. McGrath! And beautifully captured as well. Yes, the wifi eats batteries like crazy.

Feb 18, 2013 at 03:12 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3566 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wow, thanks guys. It's actually Photoshopped.

This is the original team photo

Background was shot separately from the side

I cut out the girls from the first photo, added it over a crop of the background shot. Added the black floor, created the reflection using a separate layer of the cutout and the Edit-Transform-Flip Vertical command. Gradient tool to adjust the reflection (which isn't perfect because the coach on the right is sticking out), added the logo and adjusted the perspective to make it look like it was painted on the floor.

I wish I could say I knew enough Photoshop to come up with this by myself, but it's all based on a tutorial by Paul Alesse over on the Sports Forum. I think I have it as a pdf if anyone wants it.

Mark

Feb 18, 2013 at 04:01 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Go4Long
• • •
p.3566 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The only thing that might be worth trying is that for the little bit of ice remaining you might be better of to just make all the ice black. I wouldn't have noticed the coach if you hadn't said anything, but you might be able to grab the reflection of him and drag it up a bit to make it fit.

Feb 18, 2013 at 04:55 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3566 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks, I'll give it a try. That's an all-black layer filled black with the paint bucket tool. The tutorial was for a curtain background, where the linear divider between the background and the black foreground made more sense.

I thought about messing with the coach's reflection, but I don't think I can do it without making it look worse.

Mark

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:25 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3566 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
2012 in review,
http://www.timadamsphotography.com/tim_adams_motorsports_and_avia239.htm

Great stuff Tim. The music and images were a delightful combination. If you ever get Arizona way, please don't hesitate to give me a call, I'd be happy serve as your assistance and would be honored to shoot with you

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:33 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3566 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
2012 in review,
http://www.timadamsphotography.com/tim_adams_motorsports_and_avia239.htm

Awsome stuff Tim,...great images,...Wings n Wheels.....n miss Falken......

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3566 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Seeing as we all share a common interest, I need a little help., I cant find this stuff in Australia.

Im searching for some Carbon Fibre tubing, it must be 2" to 2 1/4" OD & 5' to 6 ' long, it can have v=between 3 & 4mm wall thickness.
I need 18' (in three sections) or 20' in Four sections.

Does anyone know of a supplier to get hold of some of this , ...without costing the earth....
Jim , theres Violet Crumble bars in for you......

Al

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3566 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
Another 777-300.

I'm skeptical: looks like the same bird with a new Photoshopped livery, to me

You're right, though: for an aluminum tube, it's a good looking airframe...

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3566 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Did anyone else notice the EXIF data on J-A's shot of the Emirates A380? Focal length is 560mm, but he's so good, he just leaves the shutter speed at 1/100, even for jets!

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:56 AM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3566 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:
I did a little digging - the F-35B carrier landings are on an amphibious assault ship the Marines use (the video was taken on the USS Wasp). Just like the Harriers.

There's also an F-35C carrier variant with no vertical takeoff and landing capability. It will be launched and recovered like the F-18's are now. Although Googling around it looks like they've been having trouble catching arrestor cables with the tail hook. Apparently the hook might be too close the the landing gear.

Lockheed is working on a fix: http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/awx_09_19_2012_p0-497526.xml

Mark

+1 Thanks for clearing this up !

Feb 18, 2013 at 02:40 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3566 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:

Wow, thanks guys. It's actually Photoshopped.

This is the original team photo
http://msalvetti.smugmug.com/Sports/2012-2013-Lady-Bulldawgs/Team-Photo/i-xGSNg2R/0/XL/Smiling%20Team_001_nr-XL.jpg

Background was shot separately from the side
http://msalvetti.smugmug.com/Sports/2012-2013-Lady-Bulldawgs/Team-Photo/i-487QRDf/0/XL/Team%20Photo_BKD%20001%2001-01-13-nr2_03-XL.jpg

I cut out the girls from the first photo, added it over a crop of the background shot. Added the black floor, created the reflection using a separate layer of the cutout and the Edit-Transform-Flip Vertical command. Gradient tool to adjust the reflection (which isn't perfect because the coach on the right is sticking out), added the logo and adjusted the perspective to make it look like it was painted on the floor.

I wish I could say I knew enough Photoshop to come
...Show more

Really turned out great Mark ! It went right over my head that this was PS.. It just looks wonderful - They have to be very happy with this team photograph !

Capt. in the center, I'll remember that

Feb 18, 2013 at 03:02 PM
J Mosher
• •
p.3566 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

An interesting read on the F-35.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2136312-1,00.html

Only 12+ years in development so far....

JM

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:13 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password