Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3529      
       3531              4343       4344       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3530 #1 · p.3530 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wow, we need a name for that shocking jump in data generation. Something with the word "Singularity" in it: I'm assuming that it can't continue to increase at the same rate, since the amount of data generated is tied to Moore's law and the number of humans on the planet and the singularity is tied to the widespread initial adoption of digital information generators like cameras and camcorders by the general population. Whereas before big data was largely an institutional/governmental thing, now it's Everyman pumping out terabytes, and not just in the first world: I heard a report saying that something like 235 million smart phones will be sold in China this year.

[edit for TOPP: aerial view of Ship Rock, NM]

Edited on Jan 29, 2013 at 10:54 PM · View previous versions

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:17 PM
cbrandt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3530 #2 · p.3530 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Hey, Nikonheads, you too can now spend all your money on an 800mm lens... clicky - a mere $18K!

I wonder how many of these super tele's are produced for the initial offering ??

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:43 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3530 #3 · p.3530 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Hey, Nikonheads, you too can now spend all your money on an 800mm lens... clicky - a mere $18K!

Yes, but the MTF chart is a straight line across the top, and only reduces slightly with the included 1.25 TC

Turns out that our plane is a 604, not a 605...at least I think so based on the tail cone.

CP Challenger by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:58 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3530 #4 · p.3530 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

How about "The Binary Expansion Singularity"

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:58 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3530 #5 · p.3530 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
With the kind and very able assistance of our own Brian Papke, I solved my IT problems. I decided, for once, not to go with cutting edge so I went to Apple and picked up an AIrport Extreme. Like the reviews say, 10 minutes later I was up and running. Brian helped me with some setting details and better understanding the hardwired segment of my network.

Thanks everyone, thanks especially to Brian for a Sunday night rescue!!

Tip of the hat, no problem, glad to had gotten you out of the weeds

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:07 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3530 #6 · p.3530 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt wrote:
I wonder how many of these super tele's are produced for the initial offering ??

At the nice (gulp) price, how many do they expect to sell?

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:21 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3530 #7 · p.3530 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

From the rumors from the Canon side that's not going to be much more than the new Canon...

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:22 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3530 #8 · p.3530 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Sorry about your travails Mark. My Linksys stuff goes toes up if there's a clap of thunder in west Texas, then has to be unplugged and rebooted. Both components are being retired to the recycling bin as we speak.

With the kind and very able assistance of our own Brian Papke, I solved my IT problems. I decided, for once, not to go with cutting edge so I went to Apple and picked up an AIrport Extreme. Like the reviews say, 10 minutes later I was up and running. Brian helped me with some setting details and better understanding the hardwired
...Show more

I have to reset my telcomm-supplied wireless router every few weeks. Today, for instance. I have never once had to reset my AirPort Extreme. Enjoy...

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:25 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3530 #9 · p.3530 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
From the rumors from the Canon side that's not going to be much more than the new Canon...

The 200-400 we've been expecting Any Day Now for, oh, 18 months?

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:26 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3530 #10 · p.3530 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
The 200-400 we've been expecting Any Day Now for, oh, 18 months?

I've heard rumblings of a new 800mm 5.6 from the Canon side as well. Although to be honest, I think I heard them from Jim somewhere in this thread :P

And yes, Canon and Nikon seem to introduce products in totally different ways. Nikon announces them and you can expect them within a few months...Canon? not so much.

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3530 #11 · p.3530 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
I've heard rumblings of a new 800mm 5.6 from the Canon side as well. Although to be honest, I think I heard them from Jim somewhere in this thread :P

And yes, Canon and Nikon seem to introduce products in totally different ways. Nikon announces them and you can expect them within a few months...Canon? not so much.

Used to be the other way around. Things have changed.

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:41 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3530 #12 · p.3530 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:

Must... resist...

Jan 29, 2013 at 06:00 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3530 #13 · p.3530 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You cannot resist its charms...lol

Jan 29, 2013 at 06:42 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3530 #14 · p.3530 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The series II 800mm is vaporware but rumored. I think I'd consider dropping to the 600 II before I'd pull the trigger on that upgrade. Especially when you consider the fact the current 800 was touted as a series II designed for digital. I love my 800, but giventhe exponential increase in atmospherics, I'm not convinced that a 600 II wouldn't serve the user as well.

I think my next acquisitions will be in the 300, 600 II equipment. Canon is going to send me something to test, weebeesee .

Jan 29, 2013 at 06:46 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3530 #15 · p.3530 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh, and Zim, your shot of Shiprock still mesmerizes me Buddy!

Jan 29, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Jon Uhler
• • • •
p.3530 #16 · p.3530 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Joe too. Hurt to miss that presentation at ISAP, but I'm really looking forward to his workshop at Photoshop World. His "Hotshoe Diaries" were an (ahem) illuminating read, and I'm downloading "Language of Light" now, thanks. Still looking for that little piece to put on the end of my C-stand arms, though.

Depends on what you plan on attaching to the end. If you have mono blocks (Alien Bee's, Profotos, Elinchrom's etc) then they just slide on and screw down. If you wish to attach a hot/cold shoe type of flash then you need something like the Manfrotto umbrella holder. You can get a couple "brass monkeys" that would allow you to attach a cold shoe.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/546375-REG/Manfrotto_026_026_Swivel_Umbrella_Adapter.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/52772-REG/Stroboframe_300_SHO_Flash_Mount_Adapter.html

Should work like a champ.

Jan 29, 2013 at 06:58 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3530 #17 · p.3530 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We've discussed having Joe back at ISAP , it's more a matter of his schedule. He's always a treat. I'll know more after our board meeting in a week or so.

Jan 29, 2013 at 06:58 PM
Jon Uhler
• • • •
p.3530 #18 · p.3530 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I've had the pleasure of hearing him speak several times. It is worth taking the time to go see him for his stories alone. He is a true master.

Joe McNally at Zack's studio... by battlefloydflyer, on Flickr

Light shaper.... by battlefloydflyer, on Flickr

Jan 29, 2013 at 07:03 PM
Jon Uhler
• • • •
p.3530 #19 · p.3530 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
I wish someone would put together a lighting tutorial for those who want to use just two or three lights and a bare minimum of gear, but who want to use good stuff... and are starting out flat-footed and ignorant. I finally get a couple of C-stands, and now I can't put a thing on them because there's holes at the end of the arms!

I love it when I get into new stuff and don't have even the scrawniest, most flimsy excuse for a Clue. The process of learning something from scratch is a constant source of discovery
...Show more

BTW...welcome to the club. Just go ahead and attach one or two credit cards to BH photo....

Home studio gone crazy..... by battlefloydflyer, on Flickr

_MG_7636 by battlefloydflyer, on Flickr

Jan 29, 2013 at 07:09 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3530 #20 · p.3530 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

600RX's Jon? Have a couple myself. They're great lights! I like your "low boy" studs on your C Stands.

Can't we just have ISAP at Red Flag every year?

Jan 29, 2013 at 07:49 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password