Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3528      
       3530              4381       4382       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3529 #1 · p.3529 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
As you can see, I'm using a Sanyo Xacti on that rig. This works pretty well; I usually run it zoomed in a bit. I would guess that a GoPro is going to have a lot of the frame filled by the lens though, since it is so wide angle. I attach here a screenshot of a video I recorded yesterday with a GoPro, this is looking down from the top of the bird feeder. The camera is hanging from the top at about the same distance from the clear tube as the green ring you can see at the
...Show more

Now you've given me something to think about,

Thaks Jo

OOps ....Top of Page Image..

Edited on Jan 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM · View previous versions

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3529 #2 · p.3529 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jon Uhler wrote:
I did this more as a joke....but it works with a goPro....

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3453/3925551205_d6eb38f12b_b.jpg
The Ultimate wedding rig.... by battlefloydflyer, on Flickr

You have a flash bracket laying around?

Somewhere ive got an old one form my film days....givien me ideas..
Thanks

Al

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM
dtw757
• •
p.3529 #3 · p.3529 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt wrote:
I'm trying to remember, find photos of the jet that the CNO of the Navy flew 1971 - 1974 while I was on NAF AAFB.

Besides the pilots, he had a crew to provide food and drink .. they entered the aircraft from a fold down stairway behind the front wheel.

I'm thinking A-3 or something, but for the life of me can't find it or any planes similar to it.

N E BODY KNOW ?? Thanks Curt

CFLSW-Det Put that in the search line on Google and you'll get all sorts of photos of the bird he flew. It was redesignated the UA-3B. There are pictures available on line.

Mike

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3529 #4 · p.3529 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

david russell wrote:
I've had success with a flip video camera mounted on top of my camera with this little thing. I image that it would work with a hero tripod mount as well.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/camera-1-4-tripod-screw-to-flash-shoe-mount.b-adapter_p273157.html

Now thats what I was after,....come to think about it,...I think i have something like that came ona magic arm thing...witha few extra bits...

Al

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3529 #5 · p.3529 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm about 10 pages behind, but I wanted to share this with y'all. I just received the following message:

"I wanted to see if you might know someone that would be interested and qualified in an Aviation Retail Store Manager position in Fort Lauderdale. I am looking for someone with 10 years of retail management ideally that has a strong knowledge of aviation (it can be professional or personal experience). This is a permanent position, managing 15-20 employees, with benefits and a competitive base pay in a fun and exciting environment."

Does that fit anyone we know, who might be interested in that position? If you know of someone who might want the job and would be a good candidate, please PM me so I can make the proper introductions.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3529 #6 · p.3529 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
So...planning ahead, any fellow Nikon Shooters (and I know we're a rare breed on this thread) planning to attend MotoGP in Austin in April?

Nope. My April is full already. That particular weekend I'll be entertaining the kids full-time since I'll have just returned from Photoshop World in Orlando (16-19).

Not to change the subject, but am I the only one in this group going to Photoshop World?

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3529 #7 · p.3529 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well...the company acquired a challenger 605 of some vintage (looks newish), I like the look of the old Sovereign better personally, but our CEO is a big guy, so I guess the wider aisles of the 605 were probably a selling feature.

Jan 29, 2013 at 02:19 AM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3529 #8 · p.3529 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you Mike !!! I appreciate your finding it for me .. knew I wasn't crazy

I found a photo of it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23032926@N05/5198515690/

and it says it was one of 2 that were configured for VIP transport.

Jan 29, 2013 at 02:49 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3529 #9 · p.3529 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I wish someone would put together a lighting tutorial for those who want to use just two or three lights and a bare minimum of gear, but who want to use good stuff... and are starting out flat-footed and ignorant. I finally get a couple of C-stands, and now I can't put a thing on them because there's holes at the end of the arms!

I love it when I get into new stuff and don't have even the scrawniest, most flimsy excuse for a Clue. The process of learning something from scratch is a constant source of discovery and laughs (usually at my own expense). Soooooo, does anyone know what the thing with a rod on one side and a coldshoe on the other is called, that fits into the clamp at the end of the arm on the top of a C-stand?

Jan 29, 2013 at 03:37 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3529 #10 · p.3529 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
I wish someone would put together a lighting tutorial for those who want to use just two or three lights and a bare minimum of gear, but who want to use good stuff... and are starting out flat-footed and ignorant. I finally get a couple of C-stands, and now I can't put a thing on them because there's holes at the end of the arms!

I love it when I get into new stuff and don't have even the scrawniest, most flimsy excuse for a Clue. The process of learning something from scratch is a constant source of discovery
...Show more

Rodolfo - FWIW, I'm in the same boat as you and I just ordered this from McNally. As a Nikon shooter, Joe should really speak to your soul.

http://www.joemcnally.com/blog/the-language-of-light/

I am an unabashed fan of Joe's work and think his lighting tutorials are excellent. His presentation as the final speaker on Saturday afternoon at ISAP X was the highlight of the entire event for me. Did I say I was a McNally fan

Jan 29, 2013 at 04:15 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3529 #11 · p.3529 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Maverick In The Alert Five?
Not So Much...

Jan 29, 2013 at 05:27 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3529 #12 · p.3529 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Would you send a Knight out on a dog like this?

Jan 29, 2013 at 06:29 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3529 #13 · p.3529 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Son, I'm Already On Your Six...

Jan 29, 2013 at 07:26 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3529 #14 · p.3529 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Rodolfo - FWIW, I'm in the same boat as you and I just ordered this from McNally. As a Nikon shooter, Joe should really speak to your soul.

http://www.joemcnally.com/blog/the-language-of-light/

I am an unabashed fan of Joe's work and think his lighting tutorials are excellent. His presentation as the final speaker on Saturday afternoon at ISAP X was the highlight of the entire event for me. Did I say I was a McNally fan

I'm a huge fan of Joe too. Hurt to miss that presentation at ISAP, but I'm really looking forward to his workshop at Photoshop World. His "Hotshoe Diaries" were an (ahem) illuminating read, and I'm downloading "Language of Light" now, thanks. Still looking for that little piece to put on the end of my C-stand arms, though.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3529 #15 · p.3529 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:
Luckily Costco took it back no questions, and now we have a Netgear N900. The thing just works, and seems to be way ahead of the Belkin.

Mark

Back to IT issues. As typical, now that I've publicly commented on how happy I've been with my Netgear router, it failed. We have it in a partially heated room, and when my son plugged in a space heater, the breaker tripped. After restoring power, the router stopped working. The blinking lights indicate a firmware corruption, but I reloaded it twice and that didn't help. Apparently this can happen when power comes back on, even though everything is plugged into an APC surge protector. And it's not the first time we've had a power outage, although those previous times it was the whole neighborhood that went down.

Netgear will issue an RMA and take it back under warranty, but it's going to be easier and quicker to just return it to Costco and get another.

I figure between dealing with this failure and upgrading two laptops to Windows 8 over the weekend, I've lost about 10 hours of my life....

Mark

Jan 29, 2013 at 01:51 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3529 #16 · p.3529 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo,

Chuck Gardner also has a bunch of tutorials online. He seems to be one of the FM lighting gurus:
http://super.nova.org/DPR/

Mark

Jan 29, 2013 at 02:44 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3529 #17 · p.3529 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Perfect title for that last one Jay

Jan 29, 2013 at 03:03 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3529 #18 · p.3529 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sorry about your travails Mark. My Linksys stuff goes toes up if there's a clap of thunder in west Texas, then has to be unplugged and rebooted. Both components are being retired to the recycling bin as we speak.

With the kind and very able assistance of our own Brian Papke, I solved my IT problems. I decided, for once, not to go with cutting edge so I went to Apple and picked up an AIrport Extreme. Like the reviews say, 10 minutes later I was up and running. Brian helped me with some setting details and better understanding the hardwired segment of my network.

Thanks everyone, thanks especially to Brian for a Sunday night rescue!!

Jan 29, 2013 at 03:06 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3529 #19 · p.3529 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Joe did the photography for a cool book, "Big Data". Quite a perspective on where we are, and where we're headed with all this digital stuff. Small wonder we find ourselves a bit distracted and forgetful...............

Jan 29, 2013 at 03:29 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3529 #20 · p.3529 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey, Nikonheads, you too can now spend all your money on an 800mm lens... clicky - a mere $18K!

Jan 29, 2013 at 03:52 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password