Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3507      
       3509              4288       4289       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3508 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Took my good friend and T38 Crew Chief to lunch today. Brought him a 40" gift for his wall. We began planning air to air line ups for 2013..........gonna be very, very cool!

Awesome can't get enough of this photo

Sorry people don't have a photo handy i'm at my mothers house restoring her pc that went down the drain I will make up promise

Tora Tora Zero Alliance 2012

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    400mm    f/8.0    1/250s    50 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Edited on Jan 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM · View previous versions

Jan 19, 2013 at 07:32 PM
Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3508 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mark sorry for your loss. I am a GSD lover too. They are so loving and become one of the family; they are hard to lose.

Meet Zoe, when skunks and rabbits have been near, she thinks she is a pointer...

Jan 19, 2013 at 08:38 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3508 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's rough, Mark, all of it. I hope when the time comes you'll photograph the ceremony at Arlington.

Jan 19, 2013 at 09:00 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3508 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Still mining the Hawaii folders. The first is a view from the shoulder of the Kohala Mountains overlooking the Pacific. The others are from that same 1986 lava flow.

Jan 19, 2013 at 09:25 PM
Flybyphoto

p.3508 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mark, sorry for your loss.

Steve, the lava photos take me back to my honeymoon on the Big Island back in 2003. We stayed in Kona and drove to Kilauea. While at the crater some one asked if we had seen the lava flow, which had recently restarted and was about a 1/8 mile from reaching the ocean. Intrigued we drove down then hiked to the active flow. We arrived there about mid-day with a single 8oz bottle of water to share. We stayed within feet of the flowing lava until after sunset so as to see the entire hill side glowing in the dark. We then hiked back to the car, in the dark, without a flashlight over all that old, sharp lava. Needless to say, the wife and I didn't feel too well the following day. Lots of heat, lack of water, and volcanic gas isn't a good combination. It was so worth it, and I'd do it again tomorrow.

John

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3508 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Lightning

P38 Lightning Thoughts of Midnight

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF600mm f/4L IS II USM lens    600mm    f/18.0    1/80s    50 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3508 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Mark,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, sorry you had such a tough week. My brothers and I were watched over during 15 years of our childhood by "Blaze" our purebred German Shepherd. Blaze suffered the same weakness at the end of his life, his back legs just wouldn't carry him anymore. They are a very special breed, have an intuition and a deep love of their family members. Blaze would be laying in the yard while we all played, if a stranger looked like they might be headed our way, those ears went vertical and he'd be burning a hole in whoever it might be until he determined the threat level.

Those footprints in the yard will vanish eventually, but the ones on your heart never will. Sorry for your losses. Thanks for thinking enough of us to allow us to help you carry a little bit of them.

JW

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3508 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

P51D

The Bratt III

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    400mm    f/8.0    1/125s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    400mm    f/10.0    1/125s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3508 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Flybyphoto wrote:

Steve, the lava photos take me back to my honeymoon on the Big Island back in 2003. We stayed in Kona and drove to Kilauea. While at the crater some one asked if we had seen the lava flow, which had recently restarted and was about a 1/8 mile from reaching the ocean. Intrigued we drove down then hiked to the active flow. We arrived there about mid-day with a single 8oz bottle of water to share. We stayed within feet of the flowing lava until after sunset so as to see the entire hill side
...Show more

We were too sensible to hike to the live flow in our sandals. Ah, youth!

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3508 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

J-A, the Brat is lookin' good!

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3508 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We'll have at least one MiG17 behind the Mitchell at AFW 2013. How many chances does one get to go A2A with a Soviet Supersonic?

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3508 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Locked and loaded...........................

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:11 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3508 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Break!"

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:12 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3508 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The definition of sweet light.....................

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:31 AM
bobl
• • • •
p.3508 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mark, as I read your post I was reminded of Mr. Hobbs who walked on four weeks ago today. I am so very VERY sorry for your loss. Both of them

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:37 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3508 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
We'll have at least one MiG17 behind the Mitchell at AFW 2013. How many chances does one get to go A2A with a Soviet Supersonic?

Mmmmmmmmm ok im back to sleep now

Jan 20, 2013 at 01:59 AM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3508 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mark,

So sorry for your loss's, both your trusted friend and the sudden loss of your Uncle. The November picture is beautiful but you can certainly see the grey and strain of time on him. The vibriance shown in the 2007 photo's really show his strength and character. May god hold the wind at your back for a while.

Colin, love the words of Rainbow Bridge. Pictured below is Butch, who will be waiting for me at the bridge. He was our protector and friend, much as Jim described Blaze to be. Butch was with us for 12 years, pound mut, rotten lab I called him (Black Lab, Rottweiler, Great Dane mix) and the most wonderful, faithful friend. He left us in 2011 just 2 weeks before our move to Iowa. Clara and I had just had the conversation whether he could make one move and two days later she call me at work to say it was time.

Dan

Butch

Jan 20, 2013 at 02:25 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3508 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mark, I am sorry for your losses, that is a rough week for sure.

Jan 20, 2013 at 02:32 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3508 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

bobl wrote:
Mark, as I read your post I was reminded of Mr. Hobbs who walked on four weeks ago today. I am so very VERY sorry for your loss. Both of them

Thanks Bob, I was thinking of Mr. Hobbs too.

Colin, thanks for the Rainbow Bridge post. I can never get through reading that....

Ray, Zoe is beautiful. Kelsey had the same lithe build to her. She weighed about 70 pounds.

Dan, I'm sorry about Butch. Yes, Kelsey was definitely showing her age. She had lost much of her hearing, but her eyesight was still sharp, and she was still very alert. I'm just glad she didn't suffer and we had her for as long as we did.

Thank you to everyone else for the words of support.

Jim, I have thought often of you and Blaze these past few months. I remember you talking about him before, and how your family had reached the point where he had to be carried. Luckily our house is a split set into a hillside. That means there is one step out of the house onto the back porch, and from there one more step to the yard, or else we would have also been at the carry stage with Kelsey some time ago.

Steve, I have thought about photographing the Arlington ceremony, as long as my aunt and cousins are OK with it of course. I'm sure I'll be asking for advice when the time comes, as it will be a real challenge for me. He was cremated, and I don't know if they will be going for an interment or placement of the urn in the Columbarium.

Thanks again everyone.

Mark

Jan 20, 2013 at 02:53 AM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3508 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Thanks a bunch for the pointers, Curt. I've filed it for another day, because planning changed quickly and radically when I mentioned the word "alligator" to Daniela. We are now spending tomorrow at the KSC and then heading over to Orlando for Sunday and Monday. Looks like Merritt Island is going to be a future outing with Anya.

O bummer .. but on the WD in the boonies, you'd want to be careful walkin' around for sure ! Not like the more public / commercial WD they normally shuffle folks to.

looking back as we were leaving ......

Curt

Jan 20, 2013 at 03:29 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password