Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3495      
       3497              4137       4138       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3496 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What a pleasant scenario for the passengers. Yuck! I hate snakes! In fact, I have a Colt Diamondback that is perpetually loaded with snake shot cartridges. When one ventures into the back yard from the forest it is dispatched post haste.

Edited on Jan 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM · View previous versions

Jan 11, 2013 at 03:26 PM
Angry
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3496 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
News Of The Weird...

Down Under,....the land of the wild animals,.....lol
It was a Pyton,....it was on the National news...

Ill see if I can find a link to the clip...

Jan 11, 2013 at 08:31 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3496 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My fine associates. You may recall that a while back I teased this group with two photos from the F-35B resdesignation ceremony at MCAS Yuma. I am happy to report that my article and images have been published as part of the new "Southwest Aviation Review" online media venture.

http://www.southwestaviationreview.com

When you get a little free time, I'd sincerely appreciate your review and comments. Southwest Aviation Review ("SoAR") is a growing media group that I believe will be making large strides in the aviation community during the next year. I felt privileged to be asked to contribute. Please check back frequently as SoAR adds articles and expands its audience.

Last teaser…

A "MAJOR" Discussion.

Jan 11, 2013 at 09:49 PM
RobMoser
• • •
p.3496 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
What a pleasant scenario for the passengers. Yuck! I hate snakes! In fact, I have a Colt Diamondback that is perpetually loaded with snake shot cartridges. When one ventures into the back yard from the forest it is dispatched post haste.

How appropriate! One snake to dispatch another! I do love my old Colts (3 Pythons and an Anaconda)

Rob

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM
ELinder
• •
p.3496 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Congratulations, it's a great article and the photos are just plain awesome. What's the BF in BF-15 stand for? Were you there multiple days? I see tail number 15 in the ceremony, and 16 in the operating photos.
Erich

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3496 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder wrote:
Congratulations, it's a great article and the photos are just plain awesome. What's the BF in BF-15 stand for? Were you there multiple days? I see tail number 15 in the ceremony, and 16 in the operating photos.
Erich

Thanks Erich. I'm not sure about the BF; however, I'll make a couple of inquiries and report back. BF-15 was the first F-35B delivered to MCAS Yuma and BF-16 was the second delivery and actually landed during the ceremony. A third F-35B was delivered later that same day. I was only on base for one day.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • •
p.3496 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Beautiful set and congratulations, Jeff.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3496 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
My fine associates. You may recall that a while back I teased this group with two photos from the F-35B resdesignation ceremony at MCAS Yuma. I am happy to report that my article and images have been published as part of the new "Southwest Aviation Review" online media venture.

http://www.southwestaviationreview.com

When you get a little free time, I'd sincerely appreciate your review and comments. Southwest Aviation Review ("SoAR") is a growing media group that I believe will be making large strides in the aviation community during the next year. I felt privileged to be asked to contribute. Please check back
...Show more

Jeff,
congratulations on a job well done. I hope they turn to you for many future assignments. I take it that all photos are yours unless otherwise noted?

Gero

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3496 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Contribute? Jeff you owned 'em on that! Congrats Nicely done.

Jan 12, 2013 at 01:25 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3496 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder wrote:
What's the BF in BF-15 stand for?
Erich

Just an uneducated guess, Bomber/Fighter? Curious to know myself as it has been FA for Fighter Attack in recent years.

Jan 12, 2013 at 01:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3496 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yes Jeff, very well done all around!

Jan 12, 2013 at 02:07 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3496 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shooting the first BBJ of 2013 on Sunday, Just killin' time til my 74-8 arrives I can't share a lot of this with you, unfortunately, because the aircraft ownership is so high profile. There's lots of clandestine features and countermeasures in most of these, not your every day liveries for sure.

Jan 12, 2013 at 02:12 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3496 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We've settled in at our B&B overlooking Waipio Valley and the Pacific: again, not too shabby.

I've been thinking about what I posted the other day concerning the new ISnAP: not cool. I should have aired my concerns to the management and kept my mouth shut here. Jim and Jeff, your responses were tactful in the extreme; I was out of line and I apologize for airing my grievances in public.

As for volunteering my time to help the organization, I recognize the need but can't see my way clear to dedicating a block of time at the moment. If that changes, I'll let you and Larry know.

Jan 12, 2013 at 06:31 AM
KJindaUK
• • •
p.3496 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice report on -121s first F-35s Jeff.

BF-15 is the production number for the F-35B variant used by Lockheed Martin, the USAFs F-35As are 'AF-01' onwards and the Navy F-35Cs are 'CF-01 etc. So BF-15 and -16 are the 15th and 16th F-35Bs built.

Kev

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3496 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Zim,

Apology accepted, but not necessary. We need to work harder to make sure whatever product we present to the membership, be it print, digital, social media, is as close to perfect as humanly possible when it's released. As you know from our conversations, we're just thinly staffed, but we shouldn't use that as an excuse.

Glad you two are enjoying your tropical time together.....uh, I'm not sharing any of your R&R posts with Sheila, she thinks those spots only exist in "pitcher" books and movies...

Jan 12, 2013 at 06:11 PM
PDumm
• •
p.3496 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

One more from last week.

Jan 12, 2013 at 06:47 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3496 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Paul: What is that?

Jan 12, 2013 at 08:00 PM
yipDog
• •
p.3496 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It's a highly modified Harvard. Heard someone at the event mention it was one of the birds that was modified to be a Zero for the movie "Tora, Tora, Tora" and was then modified to this..an NA-50....but the Harvard features still show pretty strongly.

Jan 12, 2013 at 09:16 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3496 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I think I have discovered why we occasionally get caught short with no top pic post. The the thread reorders on occasion and a post ends up bumped to the top of the next page some time after it was originally posted. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3496 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That Harvard was modified by Les Crowder (the late) in McKinney Texas. Les and the gentleman that did all of Jimmy Leeward's work partnered on lots of stuff and had hangars across from each other at Aero Country Airport, about 5 miles west of KTKI. Les's workmanship was incredible, when you could get him to actually do it. That airplane sold fairly recently, for not all that much money, $175,000 or a little less. Truth is, when you modify a Six or a Harvard, or any airplane, it generally becomes worth less because the lineage is gone and what you have is really a "?". A Six in spotless condition like that would go for well over 200-225K.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:24 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password