Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3450      
       3452              4380       4381       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

skyhawkpilot
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3451 #1 · p.3451 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Tim - All I can say is WOW

I second that...it's so shiny!!

Dec 13, 2012 at 01:21 PM
tom cardin
• • •
p.3451 #2 · p.3451 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I agree, a lot of elbow grease, went into that. Almost looks like an artists deception.
Tom

Dec 13, 2012 at 06:38 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3451 #3 · p.3451 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well, MCAS Beaufort was a bust, photographically speaking: gray skies, low ceiling, 46 degrees. We saw two gray F/A-18's launch at a distance, into the murk, and heard a couple more fly by in the clouds. There wasn't enough water in the creek that fronts the departure end of Rwy 05 for us to venture any closer, either. How bad was it? The two Hornet images I attached are the best I came up with, and heavily cropped. At least the brown pelican was a little closer and a little less obscured by cloud.

Thanks to Jeff for asking his Major friend if they could give us a flyby on the ICW, but it isn't allowed.

Oh, well, it was an interesting day on the water in the low country...

Dec 13, 2012 at 09:13 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3451 #4 · p.3451 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here's a waterman harvesting bushels of tasty bivalves, by hand, on the mud flats at low tide. Tides in this estuary run about ten feet; you can see the high tide mark on the stick that holds the sign at right.

Dec 14, 2012 at 02:23 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3451 #5 · p.3451 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Slug69 wrote:
Great shot Tim - amazing photo of something very special. Well done.

JWilson, so is it worse than selling Phoenix Missiles to Iran when they had a harsh and cruel leadership in place? Your industry has to make a buck, so why not subsidize your industry by selling single engine fighters to radicals? Where is the risk in that?

I note that Canada has declined it's options on the JSF. Times are tough.

Nope, it's not worse, it's all stupid. But that's what government does best......stupid. Morsi needs 20 more 16's while our Guys are being told that we don't have enough money to fly ours. This all is going to be nothing if not interesting to watch.....kind of like watching surgery.............on yourself! Oh, performed by The Three Stooges.

Edited on Dec 14, 2012 at 04:03 AM · View previous versions

Dec 14, 2012 at 03:29 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3451 #6 · p.3451 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Back in The Lone Star after completing the best week this little enterprise has had in four years, and I'm very grateful.

Dec 14, 2012 at 03:31 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3451 #7 · p.3451 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Canada is simply "reevaluating" our options. even the guy calling for a legitimate competition to decide which fighter we go with has admitted we will almost certainly still end up with the F-35...

it's the typical bullshit that our politicians come up with. The US, as it turns out, doesn't have a monopoly on ridiculous politics.

Dec 14, 2012 at 04:22 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3451 #8 · p.3451 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well come on down Steven, I have an in at the JRB, we'll have some fun, and we'll see what we can do about getting you your 35 shots.

Dec 14, 2012 at 04:34 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3451 #9 · p.3451 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

maybe I can get better flights in for Alliance this year and make something work...

Dec 14, 2012 at 04:45 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3451 #10 · p.3451 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Back in The Lone Star after completing the best week this little enterprise has had in four years, and I'm very grateful.

The Republic welcomes you back with open arms. Good to have you back.

Dec 14, 2012 at 05:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Angry
• • •
p.3451 #11 · p.3451 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
it's the typical bullshit that our politicians come up with.

The US, as it turns out, doesn't have a monopoly on ridiculous politics.

X2....The Governement we had down under at the moment would certainly give the Three Stoofges a run for thier money.....It would be funny except its OUR money they're playin with.
Were being ripped off blind by charletons , they have thier nose in the trough upo to thier ears, n most of em,...no ,..nearly all of em couldnt hold down a job in the private sector...& were too complacent to kick em out,...

This lot has made an art form out of bald face lying to the public & making themselves unaccountable on everything...

Rant over.

Dec 14, 2012 at 06:33 AM
Jurgen Radier
• • •
p.3451 #12 · p.3451 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff, really nice shots! I miss PHX!

Dec 14, 2012 at 07:06 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3451 #13 · p.3451 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jurgen Radier wrote:
Jeff, really nice shots! I miss PHX!

Thanks Jurgen.

Whale's Tail

Illuminatus Airbusus

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM
skyhawkpilot
• • •
p.3451 #14 · p.3451 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

All these great pictures coming out of the greater PHX area.....makes me think. I need to make my future trip to Arizona a reality....instead of just staring at tickets....I should just buy them. Networking to be done and photos to be taken!!!!!

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3451 #15 · p.3451 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for the welcome home Brian! I wasn't born here, but I've been a Texan at heart since birth and, like the bumper sticker says"..........I got here as fast as I could"

Today is one of those days I love, a great week and lots of work in the rear view mirror, the pressure is off for a few days. I think I'll go to HQ and reorganize my gear for next week, and Tuesday's Old Masters "Karsh/Old Masters" portrait shoot.

I may go look at a two year old Garmin A-36 to fill the vacancy at HQ (till JR tells me it's time to pick out the PC12's colors . his is a low time beauty, but I don't think I'm going to be crazy about the color scheme which wold be a deal breaker.

A couple of guys were lost in an L29 Delfin mishap out of Lancaster Texas yesterday. Clear day, light winds, looks like some aerobatics gone bad. Never saw the charm in a Delfin, old, dog ugly, crazy expensive to operate, and those are the positive characteristics. Anyway, the loss is a shame.

Dec 14, 2012 at 03:43 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3451 #16 · p.3451 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I shudder when I see anything considering acrobatics with a T-tail. We lost F-101 VooDoos because of that high tail design. You can get into a certain nose up attitude where the wings actually block the airflow over the horizontal stab. This attitude put the F-101 in a free fall condition they couldn't recover from with power or flight controls. The only recovery was to deploy the drag chute...and that was a one time option during a mission. Not good when you have enemies flying circles around you. We had several instances where this happened. I was amazed how cool the pilot was when he got out of the cockpit, not usually the case for the WSO.

Dec 14, 2012 at 04:30 PM
PDumm
• •
p.3451 #17 · p.3451 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice shots Jeff, Now lets see if I can get my off Lightroom and posted some place.

Dec 14, 2012 at 05:42 PM
PDumm
• •
p.3451 #18 · p.3451 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just one more fun cold(?) day at Phoenix.

Dec 14, 2012 at 06:10 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.3451 #19 · p.3451 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff.
Can you get up on the roof top of the terminals at Sky Harbor ? Last time i tried about 98/99 , they wanted to jail me.
Harry Palmer

Dec 14, 2012 at 06:48 PM
PDumm
• •
p.3451 #20 · p.3451 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Harry, These photos were taken from the top of the Thermal/ Parking garage. There is no issue with us being up there as one of phoenix's finest was doing laps on his bike and never said a word. I have been up there and have had Phoenix PD. TSA, and Phoenix Aviation come by and all they did was wave.

Dec 14, 2012 at 08:13 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password