Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3430      
       3432              4137       4138       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W.
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3431 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you Jim.

Like you and Niall, I don't use the Nik sharpening plug-in tool. While I agree that the sharpening tools in LR4 and CS6 are tremendous, I use a plug-in called "PhotoKit Sharpener 2.0" that comes from the PixelGenius group. PixelGenius is a small company of photographers and IT folks that create post processing products for the photographic industry. They've been alpha/beta testers and advisors to Adobe for many years. Their software simply automates the sharpening tools within LR4/CS6 to help make your workflow more efficient. You should download their trial version and give it a try - you may find it helpful.

Whoops - Edit for Photo at the Top of the Page

Dec 01, 2012 at 08:26 PM
Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3431 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

9+ hours without a post...well that's too long...

You guys are slackin'!

Not sure I know how to ask this, but I have two questions about Nik SW. Does it matter Google bought them? Second, I do most of my work in LR, but that is changing. Is NIk for LR satisfactory, or do you need the suite for PS CS6?

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:40 AM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3431 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The thoughts of the people over at the Naturescapes.net forums think that unless somebody buys the Nik plugins back from Google, they are not going to last long. Google did not buy Nik for plugins, they bought it for Snapseed, plain and simple.

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:04 AM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3431 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:

Nicely Done Jeff. It definitely has a "rendered" feel to it.

Reconstructing some LR catalogs and overhauled this from 2009 outside Nellis...

http://crosswindimages.com/img/s3/v41/p1302551560.jpg

-WOW- Nice one.

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:34 AM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3431 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
I've been up to my elbows in alligators that past couple of weeks getting ready for a last elk hunt with my oldest son before he leaves for med school. Unfortunately, the hunt got canceled when he came down with a serious case of the flu and had to be hospitalized. With some unexpected time to fill while I'm waiting for my son to repair, I've been rolling through one amazing page of MA2A images after an other.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/ufiles/45/743645.jpg
To fill the void that would have been travel today, I've been working on the images for my upcoming Southwest Aviation Review
...Show more
DOUBLE WOW...Nice.

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:34 AM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3431 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jay and Jeff...Incredible work here.

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:35 AM
Jurgen Radier
• • •
p.3431 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Have to say that some amazing photos have come by in the past pages! Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to reply or do much else, but I am still a big lurker! So watch out, I'm reading everything

Last week I was finally able to finish editing a small movie I shot this spring when I went gliding at Portmoak in Scotland with a lot of university gliding clubs. For me it was the first time flying on a ridge, only having flown thermals before, and I had a blast!

Click here for the movie!

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:23 AM
nrferguson
• • •
p.3431 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jurgen Radier wrote:
Have to say that some amazing photos have come by in the past pages! Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to reply or do much else, but I am still a big lurker! So watch out, I'm reading everything

Last week I was finally able to finish editing a small movie I shot this spring when I went gliding at Portmoak in Scotland with a lot of university gliding clubs. For me it was the first time flying on a ridge, only having flown thermals before, and I had a blast!

Jurgen
I thought I recognised the Loch with island - I've never been to Port Moak (and didn't recognise the name) but my father-in-law and I had plenty of trout out of Loch Leven when I was younger!
Niall
Great video, by the way - what's the square meter in one of the sailplanes?

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:35 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3431 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Reconstructing some LR catalogs

Jay,

any advice on how you are doing this. At the moment I have imported everything into my main LR catalogue and it is a bit messy.

Mark

Dec 02, 2012 at 02:52 PM
RobMoser
• • •
p.3431 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Perhaps too perfect a capture of a crossing shot. I didn't even realize I had it when looking through the pictures in the sorter except for "a plane with a tail at both ends? What the heck?"

Rob

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

astrobrian
• • •
p.3431 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No such thing as too perfect, awesome shot

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:43 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3431 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just going through some old shots before braving shopping duty.

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:56 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3431 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

tom cardin wrote:
Wow, Mark
, I never thought that We would ever see a beam of light stopped. I wont go into the cheetahs, as I am a cat person and anything that shows cheetahs moving like that is worth every second of viewing. Bet it would be fun, to attend one of those lectures at MIT.

Tom

You're right, I should look into that - I work a short walk away.

Mark

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:17 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3431 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mac question: since I use two monitors for my main editing setup and I already own a 30" Apple Cinema Display, is there any reason I would benefit from waiting for the larger of the new iMac offerings? Is the iMac's native screen better or faster than the ACD?

Am I better off buying one with minimum RAM and stuffing it with 3rd party SIMMs? I remember some discussion on the subject, but can't find it.

Edited on Dec 02, 2012 at 05:05 PM · View previous versions

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:53 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3431 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian wrote:
Just going through some old shots before braving shopping duty.

Nooooo! That's why they invented mail order...

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:54 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3431 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jurgen Radier wrote:

I loved everything about that video, Jurgen, not least the chance to vicariously experience a winch launch. We don't do enough of that here in the USA: most clubs can't muster the manpower to properly staff a winch operation, and commercial operators won't touch it.

Nice two-handed technique at 100 knots right down on the ridge top, by the way!

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:02 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3431 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jurgen,
that is a great movie - looks like you had a lot of fun. Were you flying solo?

Gero

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:24 PM
david russell
• • •
p.3431 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice movie Jurgen. The mid-flight reconfiguration of the panel confused me for a moment! I like the view from the ridge. I've tried to tried to make movies of my flying, but flying high above the mountains isn't nearly as nice to view as flying along the ridge.

Dec 02, 2012 at 05:52 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3431 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Zim,

Don't ever buy Apple Ram. I just configured my new 27" on the Apple site, 32 GB Apple RAM $600 v. the same in Kingston at $264. Re: monitor question. I love my 30" Cinema, but it's five years old and is going to get retired, along with my dual quad MacPro Tower. The display on my iMac at HQ is decidedly better than my 30", and these new ones are supposed to be much better than the current versions.

I'm reconfiguring for all iMacs, with Thunderbolt 20TB Drobo 5D's attached. I have a little more beta testing to do at HQ with the new Drobo, but I think that combo will save me a ton of open/tweak/save time. I'm very pleased so far, but I am not seeing the 25X speeds that are quoted for Thunderbolt over USB 2.0. I'd say the speed is about four times faster + -, which is still a big jump. Don't know what kind of a bump the SSD addition to the 5D would give me, if any.

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:00 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3431 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn & Lady Jo,

Early fog not withstanding, I should be in AUS around 9 am. I'll head to The Texas State Cemetery on 7th Street to scout the site for correct lighting. I have two locations there to shoot, should be a no brainer if they don't face North. You Guys around tomorrow?

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:03 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password