Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3328      
       3330              4135       4136       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3329 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
WARNING !! WARNING !!..

"Like" button overload !!!!

wonder why it is weve gone thru 3,500,000 views ??

We're just getting rolling Angry!

Edited on Oct 11, 2012 at 05:56 AM · View previous versions

Oct 11, 2012 at 05:49 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3329 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"The Brat III".......................

Oct 11, 2012 at 05:55 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3329 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'll take this as a good sign..................

Oct 11, 2012 at 05:57 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3329 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glad I emptied my bucket early...

Outstanding stuff Shooter!!!

Oct 11, 2012 at 06:04 AM
mmniemi
• • •
p.3329 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Gotta share this one with you! Now I'm getting to the good stuff!!

Now we are talking! Very very nice!

Oct 11, 2012 at 06:06 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3329 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And a great bucket it is Jay! Beautiful, as usual!

Here's the last one for the evening, 'er morning................. again, just can't bring myself to watermark it......

Oct 11, 2012 at 06:12 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3329 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ok, really, the last one..................

Oct 11, 2012 at 06:29 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3329 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good lord !!

Speechless ....

Oct 11, 2012 at 06:37 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3329 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Goodnight......................

Oct 11, 2012 at 06:41 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3329 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good honk Jim, I'm still trying to catch my breath.

Due to an incoming storm, I had to cancel a trip with my father to shoot the fall leaves (yes, we have those in AZ). He understood without complaint, and then quickly asked me if I'd take him to Yuma today (Wednesday afternoon) to shoot some WTI 1-13 activity at MCAS Yuma. For better or worse, I can't tell my dad no - nor do I want to. We left his house at 10:45 AM and made the 3-hour drive to Yuma. All in all, it was a fun trip and we got a few keepers.

In the late afternoon, two F/A-18's took off and one immediately declared an emergency. The afflicted Hornet quickly began an fuel dump in preparation for an emergency landing. About 15 minutes after I captured an image of the fuel dump, the Hornet came in on final approach and we got lucky to catch a few shots in the best Arizona golden light of the day.

The pilot landed without incident (these guys are good) and we had an unexpected and exciting end to a good day. The trip home tonight was filled with reliving the afternoon's shoot - a great father-n-son trip.

Emergency Fuel Dump

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    400mm    f/6.3    1/1000s    320 ISO    +0.3 EV  

VMFA-122 Candystripers

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    360mm    f/7.1    1/800s    640 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Oct 11, 2012 at 07:02 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mmniemi
• • •
p.3329 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:

A fake!! Look at the shadow

Mikko

Oct 11, 2012 at 07:03 AM
mmniemi
• • •
p.3329 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Some vulcanic action in Kuopio city

Mikko

Oct 11, 2012 at 07:07 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3329 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Gotta share this one with you! Now I'm getting to the good stuff!! This one's for The Ripper.................

Well just woke up after a solid 12 hours of sleep probably needed it and that is one great image to wake up to will keep that image in mind Jim for the next time...

Wildcat take 2
Jim

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    70mm    f/10.0    1/80s    100 ISO    -1.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    200mm    f/2.8    1/250s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3329 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane Adams wrote:
Here's the only one I dare to post from the Alliance weekend....

Wow, Zane: great light and a beautiful image. That must have been on practice day on Friday...

Edited on Oct 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM · View previous versions

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3329 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, it's no wonder the big boys pay you the big bucks and spend cubic dollars to pose their planes for your lens: those are just achingly beautiful, all of them.

You and I had an exchange offline about dust spotting those T-38/P-51 images. How did you end up dealing with the problem?

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Shaggy Wolf
• • •
p.3329 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff, I never knew what the bumps on the tops of the tails were for. Now I do. Glad the pilot got down ok.

I assume these guys were off to fly CAP? That hornet has it's stingers on.

Jim, the clouds really ruin your day underneath, but man do they make it awesome on top.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3329 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shaggy Wolf wrote:
Jeff, I never knew what the bumps on the tops of the tails were for. Now I do. Glad the pilot got down ok.

I assume these guys were off to fly CAP? That hornet has it's stingers on.

Jim, the clouds really ruin your day underneath, but man do they make it awesome on top.

Shaggy that Maverick is inert you can see that when the ordnance has blue bands painted on them.
The rocket on the right hand side op the photo is a data pod so they can see real time data when he is doing ACM or air combat maneuvering or training air to ground missions the camera in the maverick would still work so they can see what they are aiming on.
The left hand side I wouldn't now as there are no markings on that one.
When carrying live stuff it should be yellow bands or brown or a combo if i'm correct

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +1.4x lens    295mm    f/7.1    1/1250s    160 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3329 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
I spent a few minutes on the flight home on Monday with the door open near Limon, Colorado, shooting a field of wind turbines under construction. Man these things are huge.

We have them about 3 miles behind our home in Rugby, North Dakota up in the hills. Can see many of them just walking out the door onto the street and lookin' North, as our home is on the outskirts in a town of 3000. The work involved to get them from Tx to ND was quite a feat, then to truck them in from the rails building new roads / re directing traffic / -- 3 stories .. 1) one as they cleaned the interiors of the uprights, they found many Black Widow Spiders that had hitched a ride .. was said that they could throw a water bottle at a female black widow spiders web and it would bounce back, it was that strong. they removed everyone they found, putting them in jars and probably still have them in the control building on site - doubtful any survived the first ND Winter

2) once completed, heard they had to come back because they had installed some of the propellors on the hub backwards .. one would think they would be pinned so that would be impossible .... no small feat at the photo shows to install the prop and then hoist it into position .. and

3) my nephew is a shift manager at the CIRRUS manufacturing plant in Grand Forks, ND .. which is right next door to a firm that makes parts for wind towers .. they'd never associate with the CIRRUS folks as they feared competition .... ?? finally CIRRUS had them over for a small get together, and seeing that they were in no way competition for each other, now are no longer wary of them.

Oct 11, 2012 at 01:00 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3329 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Man Jim, nice work. You even got both planes in that halo.

Oct 11, 2012 at 01:03 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3329 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
One of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet, much less call friend................

+1 i would like to say

Oct 11, 2012 at 01:06 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password