Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3319      
       3321              4274       4275       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3320 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Where do I begin? Being with all of you this weekend was wonderful. The highlights, for me, were Wednesday, Thursday, our B25 mission and our traditional Friday evening dinner. The weekend was bittersweet for a number of reasons. I so appreciate the effort all of you put forth to come from the corners of the globe for our get together, and I want everything to be perfection for you. Kind of missed the mark with the 50 degree, biting wind, cruddy ceiling routine. Once again the MA2A spirit pushed all of that into the "uncontrollable" bin and we went on to shoot what we could and enjoy each other. Still, I sure would have loved for you all to have basked and shot in a typical beautiful fall Texas climate, sorry it didn't happen.

I wanted this weekend to be special for everyone, but there were a couple of things that I really wanted to be extra special, Laura's trip was one of those. Laura, you deserved a real treat and I'm thinking that your trip was more work than fun. hope we can replace that memory with some good ones sometime soon. What a pleasure it was to have Rodolfo and Anya join us, hope the weather didn't put too much of a damper on your weekend together with us. Thanks to Zim and Rodolfo for generously feeding the group on several occasions during the weekend. Additional thanks to Steve for pressing the Remos into service hopping rides and doing impromptu air to air missions. Thanks to Scott Slocum for joining us and bringing his beautiful A36 down for more air to air work and fun.

Thank you all again for pulling along side me after Glenn's loss and for all that went into creating the beautiful and touching memorial print, it will take it's place of honor this week, somewhere near my pretentious desk where it will always be in view. Glenn would have been very moved by your kindness, as am I.

Let's do it again next year. I'll try to actually have the weather that was forecast for this weekend, show up.

Please see mandatory top of page image below.................

Edited on Oct 09, 2012 at 04:57 AM · View previous versions

Oct 09, 2012 at 04:48 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3320 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh yeah,

There was sun somewhere, it just took about 7 grand to get to it........................

Oct 09, 2012 at 04:49 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3320 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jim, other than the extra trips around DFW area and the unexpected change of plans on Thursday due to a snooze button, I had fun, met great people face to face, and kept hoping that a little sunshine would peek out at us.

And Larry, if you're lurking.... I'm working on it.

NightOwl Cat 2012

NIKON D700    400mm    f/9.0    1/250s    200 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NightOwl Cat 2012

NIKON D700    400mm    f/11.0    1/125s    200 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NightOwl Cat 2012

NIKON D700    200mm    f/9.0    1/100s    200 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NightOwl Cat 2012

George, George, Watch Out For That... Truck!

NIKON D700    400mm    f/10.0    1/125s    200 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Oct 09, 2012 at 05:28 AM
Angry
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3320 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Q Chris, Dauntless Sunset......just great work mate......I love it..

Oct 09, 2012 at 07:23 AM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.3320 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for the kind words gerov, Colin and angry!

Oct 09, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.3320 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, very nice shots of the T-bird T-38 and Mustang. Both very elegant machines.

Oct 09, 2012 at 10:50 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3320 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I would say that Laura seems to have this panning thing Down.

Oct 09, 2012 at 12:40 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3320 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

For those of you who didn't participate in the off-thread discussions, I'd like to give credit where credit is due concerning the memorial print we presented to Jim at HQ last week.

- thanks to Rodolfo for the initial impetus and for organizing the email group list.

- thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion concerning what form the memorial should take, and who then sent in their signatures.

- thanks to Jo for collecting the more than 60 electronic signatures and creating the sig block, with updated MA2A logo.

- thanks to Jay and Jeff for the post-processing suggestions I incorporated in preparing the image of Glenn in the L-39.

- thanks to Jay again, for taking delivery of the framed print and hand-carrying it to the gathering.

- thanks to all who were able to make the journey and be there at HQ for the presentation.

If I missed anyone, please accept my apologies and feel free to set the record straight.

And, finally, my profound appreciation to the entire MA2A family for being the classiest group of caring people in the coolest corner of cyberspace, ever.

Oct 09, 2012 at 01:00 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3320 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well I'm sitting here at DFW left the hotel a little early to beat the traffic..
Looking back at all the events that took place I think the gathering at HQ was the best for me even topping the B25 Flight but that was also very cool...
Had a great day yesterday with Mark at AFW shooting some departures we even got some touch and go's from Spirit one the light was awesome yesterday so i got me some great shots..

Thank you for the company and the great day's that i had the last week.

Jan-Arie

Oct 09, 2012 at 01:20 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3320 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:

+1. I really like that fourth image Laura - super composition

Oct 09, 2012 at 01:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3320 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Oh yeah,

There was sun somewhere, it just took about 7 grand to get to it........................

Well would, like to say to mr Perrot do you want the shot or not
Thanks again for showing the shots at dinner still make my mouth water..

Oct 09, 2012 at 01:31 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3320 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Two more images from Scottsdale Muni.

Piaggio P180

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    200mm    f/20.0    1/100s    160 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Pilatus PC-12

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    365mm    f/22.0    1/125s    160 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Oct 09, 2012 at 01:34 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3320 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:

The "Women of MA2A" are no slouches when it comes to great technique, and charm to boot! We are blessed to have you in the family.

Thank you again Jo for the beautiful glass Mustangs! What a thoughtful and personal gift, I'm constantly amazed by the breadth of talent and the diversity of interests we have in our group.

Oct 09, 2012 at 01:58 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3320 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Well would, like to say to mr Perrot do you want the shot or not
Thanks again for showing the shots at dinner still make my mouth water..

As Glenn would say, as he stretched out an arm.........."Exxxxaaaactly!"

Oct 09, 2012 at 02:01 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3320 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jo, haven't had much practice, so good to see that I can do it even with a rental monster like that. Now to pack up the D300s and send it in to see what's going on with it. Muttered lots of things about it this weekend as the focus started going bonkers. Thought it was just one lens it didn't like, but cleaning contacts didn't help.

futurshox wrote:

Oct 09, 2012 at 02:08 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3320 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jeff! Hoping to someday rise up to the level of everyone else here.

Oh, and a big applause to Jim, who helped out a new woman on the photo tour on Sunday. Hoping she'll make an appearance here and share what she managed to capture.

Jeff W. wrote:
+1. I really like that fourth image Laura - super composition

Oct 09, 2012 at 02:23 PM
Shaggy Wolf
• • •
p.3320 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim...that first T-38 and P-51...wow
Stevez - that Bone jello from a few pages ago is also pretty awesome. Shame they didn't have time for a pass.

I need to learn to have a camera with me more often. I was down in Raleigh this past weekish, and while sitting at a KFC for dinner late one night, I discovered that I was about a mile directly off the end of the runway at RDU. I've seen more distant shots of aircraft at an air show. If anyone is in that area - it's the KFC/Taco Bell on Airport Blvd off of 40. Unfortunately, it was really cloudy, and night, and I didn't have a camera, but wow. I also missed some great shots because I was stuck in a middle seat on the plane back and forth. Had some gorgeous heavy overcast lit golden orange in the sunset light on one side, and purple in the shadows on the other. Rats.

Oct 09, 2012 at 02:40 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3320 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Thanks Jo, haven't had much practice, so good to see that I can do it even with a rental monster like that. Now to pack up the D300s and send it in to see what's going on with it. Muttered lots of things about it this weekend as the focus started going bonkers. Thought it was just one lens it didn't like, but cleaning contacts didn't help.

I feel your pain. I need to clean the contacts on my 7D. It started locking up on me on Friday morning; would not respond at all, and when I switched it off it would stay on, I had to drop the battery out to power it off. It did this about six times in a row, then I refused to let it go to sleep for half an hour or so; kept prodding buttons to keep it alive. After that it behaved itself for the rest of the day. Very strange.

And Jim, my pleasure

Oct 09, 2012 at 03:05 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3320 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Razor17 wrote:
N-3467N is owned by the same company that owns the Spit, Spitfire USA Ltd...

Lynn

True Lynn .. The gentleman had this L39, Spitfire and P40 lined up side by side. They didn't bring the Mustang out. There are probably another half dozen beautiful oldies here in Easton and England.

Oct 09, 2012 at 03:55 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3320 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Skyhawk by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:50 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell