Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3315      
       3317              4251       4252       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3316 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks, y'all. I'll do a little polishing on both when I get home, but I tend to like #1 a little better too due to the background and the light.

Glenn, this is the first shot of 172DL that I've found reasonably sharp. I think I've got a few others, though.

NIKON D800E    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8 lens    140mm    f/7.1    1/160s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Oct 07, 2012 at 01:12 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3316 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Couldn't resist doing a little tweaking before heading out to the show today. Better?

Chuck Gardner in "The Brat III", Take 1

NIKON D800E    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8 lens    78mm    f/10.0    1/80s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 07, 2012 at 01:34 PM
mngpsnut

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3316 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

2 more from Duluth

I really like the precision formation flying of the Snowbirds

Enjoy
Doug

Short stack

7 plane roll

Edited on Oct 07, 2012 at 03:25 PM · View previous versions

Oct 07, 2012 at 01:48 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3316 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The B-1 landed at Alliance on Friday afternoon as the T-birds were taxiing out for their practice flight, which meant that they landed on the near runway...the Bone is one big airplane.

Oct 07, 2012 at 01:58 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3316 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mmm...B1....

Here's one of Glenn.

The Mighty Skyhawk over Lavon Lake

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    73mm    f/14.0    1/160s    250 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Oct 07, 2012 at 03:00 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3316 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Another one

Break over Jim's Hangar

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    55mm    f/13.0    1/160s    250 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Oct 07, 2012 at 03:12 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3316 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here's some people at KTKI.

Jay and Steve S

Larry, it's behind you!

Jim, Jay and Zim fixing up a GoPro

Zim enjoying his aeroplane

Oct 07, 2012 at 03:29 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3316 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

More folks

Jan-Arie, who brought more than one pair of jeans this year ;)

Zim taking Rodolfo for a jaunt

Kevin and Larry

Oct 07, 2012 at 03:30 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3316 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Last few for now.

I should take this opportunity to say thank you to Jim for his hospitality, both at HQ and for getting the lot of us into Alliance on Friday. And also to Glenn and Steve Z for bringing aeroplanes and letting us all ride in them for A2A action; that was most excellent. And I am sure folks like Larry and Kevin were busy behind the scenes, so thank you guys for things I don't even know about ;-)

Mark throwing Larry out!

Mark and Jan-Arie in Scott Slocum's Bonanza

L-R: Kevin, Mark, Rodolfo, Zim, Nadya, Anya, Laura, Scott, Jim in the plane

Oct 07, 2012 at 03:33 PM
tom cardin
• • •
p.3316 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Still envy you guys.... I bet the grass comes up greener, next Spring, what with all the B.S.being spread around. Coverage of the party at HQ is great, but what else would you expect.
Got down to 24, last night, I have to get all the hoses ready for Winter, and hope I am not too late.

Tom

Oct 07, 2012 at 05:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

went
• • •
p.3316 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo I'm still happier with the second one because the focus is on the P51 & my eye is competing for attention on being distracted like it is in the first shot with a little more influence on the background.

Subconsciously the P51 is a fast, cold steely war machine not a warm touchy feel friendly type aircraft and your second photo reflects this to me.

Went

Oct 07, 2012 at 07:47 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3316 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The Remos from our moonlit A2A!

Glenn

Oct 07, 2012 at 07:51 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3316 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn

Oct 07, 2012 at 07:54 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3316 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Step back about 3 feet from your monitor for this one..

Glenn

Oct 07, 2012 at 07:57 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3316 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Million Air San Antonio...

Glenn

Oct 07, 2012 at 07:59 PM
went
• • •
p.3316 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi every body it great seeing all the fun your having and the personalities coming through in the photos, and credit must first go to Fred Miranda for his wonderful brain child, for igniting the photography spark in us all.

Secondly a tribute to Jim Wilson for his brilliant MA2A thread which brought together contributors from around the world in a fun loving, caring, supportive way, which has touched us all with the loss of his very dear friend, culminating in the photo presentation, amongst this aviation family, both present and those unable to attend.

I have been off air through inadvertently clicking the hide button, not knowing what I'd done or how to fix it, its a bit like loosing your mobile phone, lost with out it. Its amazing to be on the other side of the world turn click into this web site and enjoy the photos from this Air Show.

Wishing you all clear blue skies and wonderful photo opportunities.

Went

Oct 07, 2012 at 08:15 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3316 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for the pics Jo and Ro. I sure picked the wrong week to remove the front wheel pant!

Glenn

Oct 07, 2012 at 08:19 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3316 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

went wrote:
Rodolfo I'm still happier with the second one because the focus is on the P51 & my eye is competing for attention on being distracted like it is in the first shot with a little more influence on the background.

Subconsciously the P51 is a fast, cold steely war machine not a warm touchy feel friendly type aircraft and your second photo reflects this to me.

Though I slightly prefer the look of the first one, they are such different photos that I'll print both of them.

Oct 07, 2012 at 08:25 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3316 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Thanks for the pics Jo and Ro. I sure picked the wrong week to remove the front wheel pant!

Aye, that you did. When you bring an airplane to a MATA gathering, you oughta know you're going home with pictures of her... so bring her to the party pretty.

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen Million Air look so good. Killer image!

Oct 07, 2012 at 08:31 PM
waterflyboy22
• • •
p.3316 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn, the Cub/Remos shot... surreal! And the Million Air KSAT is killer as well!

Must be that good In-n-Out eating making your shots so great! I haven't had In-n-Out since 2010 ISAP, so you can guess how poor my shooting is!

Rodolfo, I've looked at the shots many times. I seem to be drawn to #1 for its warmth. Both are awesome, but just very different. #2 seems like a cooler, analytical view of a war machine on a purposeful mission while #1 seems like a sigh after seeing a good friend in the warm sunshine. (this non-analytical comparison can also be attributed to the lack of In-n-Out mentioned above)

Oct 07, 2012 at 08:48 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password