Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3311      
       3313              4273       4274       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3312 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sorry Colin, you'll have to make noise without me I'm going to be a little busy myself this weekend shooting aircraft of the flying varieties. If my alarm didn't have such a dangerous weapon known as a snooze alarm, I wouldn't have missed my flight this morning, and I would have gotten here a heck of a lot earlier!!!! Oh well, the adventure begins, and so does the fun! It's been fun meeting those already here and surprising them.

Edit for Top of page photo with a rental camera

Colin Giersberg wrote:
Laura, since it will be somewhat quiet around here for the next few days, it looks like the rest of us mortals will have to make all of the noise. Now, let the posting begin.

Lake Muskegon

NIKON D800    24mm    f/2.8    1/2000s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Edited on Oct 05, 2012 at 12:24 PM · View previous versions

Oct 05, 2012 at 04:56 AM
R.Reijne
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3312 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
My fellow MA2A associates. As many of you know, behind the scenes Steve Zimmermann, Jo Hunter, Jay Beckman and others have been working diligently to present our great friend Jim Wilson with a photograph to commemorate the life of his dear friend Glenn Smith; who was tragically killed in an accident at the Quad-City Air Show last month. While I was not able to attend the Alliance Air Show this weekend, many of the MA2A family were there this morning when Steve made the presentation.

Below are photographs Larry Grace took during the presentation. It was clearly an emotional moment
...Show more

Great people, great moment, wish i could be there....

Roel

Oct 05, 2012 at 05:20 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3312 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

R.Reijne wrote:
Great people, great moment, wish i could be there....

Roel

X 2.......Im going to make it one year ,....hopefully next year......even if its all the way from "DownUnder"....

Al

Edited on Oct 05, 2012 at 03:16 PM · View previous versions

Oct 05, 2012 at 06:41 AM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3312 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just got in here this morning .... what an extra, extra, special last few pages. Thanks guys and gals.

Oct 05, 2012 at 09:48 AM
KJindaUK
• • •
p.3312 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Priceless moment and priceless pictures!

Oct 05, 2012 at 10:22 AM
waterflyboy22
• • •
p.3312 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What a wonderful thing. I only wish I was there with the group!

Oct 05, 2012 at 10:43 AM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3312 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Very cool, Steve2. Very freakin' cool.

Here's my posed shot of the MA2A contingent at HQ this morning. Missing is Laura (nightowlcat), who rolled in late this afternoon after a harrowing day on the airlines. I'm too tired to list all the folks in the shot, but maybe someone else who's still awake-er than I can do it.

Back Row L-R:

Jo Hunter, tbc, Jan-Arie Van Der Linden, Nadya Watson, Kevin Huong, Dean from Red River Paper, Rodolfo Piaz, Nan Moser, Steve Z, David Russell, Jim Wilson, Steve S.

Kneeling Front Row - L-R,

Rob Moser, Glenn Watson, Jay Beckman, Larry Grace, Me.

Apologies to the gentleman standing next to Jo who's name I can't remember at the moment.

Also present during the day where Rodolfo's daughter Anya (ISAPs newest member thanks to Larry) and Scott Slocum who turned up after these were posted, initially in his car but then with his Bonanza.

Oct 05, 2012 at 11:45 AM
ironhide

p.3312 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wonderful to put a face to the names we see everday. Thanks for the pictures Steve. If y'all see a guy with a cap in glasses with a 100-400 on the fence today, give him a wave!
-Ram

Oct 05, 2012 at 11:56 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3312 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That is Andrew XHawkeye standing next to me.

And it really was a very splendid day

Oct 05, 2012 at 12:26 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3312 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
Back Row L-R:

Jo Hunter, tbc, Jan-Arie Van Der Linden, Nadya Watson, Kevin Huong, Dean from Red River Paper, Rodolfo Piaz, Nan Moser, Steve Z, David Russell, Jim Wilson, Steve S.

Apologies to the gentleman standing next to Jo who's name I can't remember at the moment.

Also present during the day where Rodolfo's daughter Anya (ISAPs newest member thanks to Larry) and Scott Slocum who turned up after these were posted, initially in his car but then with his Bonanza.

That's Andrew Hibsma, XHawkeye.

Oct 05, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3312 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Al, there's also a huge car show in town, pulled into the hotel parking lot here and my jaw dropped with all the antiques that were hiding around from the front of the building. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Angry wrote:
Hope all you guys are having fun.....Im damn jealous.....

Thought Id throw this up, shot the other night....came out pretty neat..almost looks like its flying... owners rapt....

http://i49.tinypic.com/fnr4x.jpg

Al.

Oct 05, 2012 at 12:29 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3312 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Or set up a free Photobucket account in the meantime, grab the >DIRECT LINK< and paste it in, and there ya go. If I was home, I'd join you in a trip around the museum, but I am taking a once in a lifetime adventure down here in DFW this weekend.

ELinder wrote:
Thanks Laura,

My L bracket covers the remote port, so,I settled on using a 2 second timer and the mirror up delay. I'm also taking a lot of bracket sets. Not sure how they'll work since I can't try combining them until after I get home.

Those early pilots were especially brave!

Erich

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcg7jn9lujiejlb/AFMuseum001.jpg

Edit: Bummer, I guess Dropbox won't work for images. I'll have to wait until I get home.

Oct 05, 2012 at 12:33 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3312 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
That's Andrew Hibsma, XHawkeye.

And this is Anya Paiz, Rodolfo's daughter, getting a little stick time in the Remos. She liked the no-doors thing so well, she went flying with Jim in his Cub later in the day.

Oct 05, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3312 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The light hit the trees RIGHT below the Remos and I really liked the way this one worked out.

There Be Gold In Them Trees by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Oct 05, 2012 at 12:52 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3312 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

There were a few moments yesterday when I wasn't flying formation and had a chance to do a little air-to-ground. The lake southeast of KTKI is low and presented some interesting visuals. The first shot is of the lake bottom; latter shows a flock of white pelicans resting in shallow water.

Oct 05, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3312 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very cool Anya and very nice photo's Steve

Oct 05, 2012 at 01:13 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3312 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
Back Row L-R:

A couple of quick corrections. Next to Kevin Huong is Drew Hendrix (not David) Vice President of Red River Paper. Next to Jim is Steve Szabo (i.e. SteveS). A great looking group one and all.

Oct 05, 2012 at 01:13 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3312 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JW in his Cub.

Oct 05, 2012 at 01:14 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3312 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

@SteveZ: Your A2G images always amaze sir. The textures, contrasts, and patterns are mesmerizing and inspiring. I could look at them all day

Oct 05, 2012 at 01:18 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3312 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

All,

thanks for the corrections & updates to the names.

Oct 05, 2012 at 01:21 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password