Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3304      
       3306              4138       4139       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3305 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Looks good for a cross-country flight by Remos to HQ tomorrow: the weather is holding and the Presidential TFRs over Denver don't go into effect until 1:30pm at the earliest. I should be long gone by that time, shooting for wheels up at 0730 MDT and an ETA of about 1600 CDT. I'll make one or two fuel stops, depending on the winds and the state of my bladder. Anybody who wants to follow my Spot breadcrumbs, please send me your email by PM.

[edit for TOPP: This is my chorus as we performed on Saturday, in ABQ. I'm the guy at the very top left of the group. How did I get this photo, you ask? I have minions... ]

Sound of the Rockies, 2012 Rocky Mountain District Chorus Champions...11 years in a row!

Oct 02, 2012 at 05:26 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3305 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We'll be touching down around the same time zimm. I land at dfw at 16:29...provided I make my connection in Toronto. 90 minutes to check in and get through customs, it'll be an adventure.

Oct 02, 2012 at 05:50 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3305 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

11 years in a row is an enviable record in any endeavor. Bravissimo!

Oct 02, 2012 at 05:59 PM
Shaggy Wolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3305 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Looks good for a cross-country flight by Remos to HQ tomorrow: the weather is holding and the Presidential TFRs over Denver don't go into effect until 1:30pm at the earliest. I should be long gone by that time, shooting for wheels up at 0730 MDT and an ETA of about 1600 CDT. I'll make one or two fuel stops, depending on the winds and the state of my bladder. Anybody who wants to follow my Spot breadcrumbs, please send me your email by PM.

[edit for TOPP: This is my chorus as we performed on Saturday, in ABQ. I'm the
...Show more

Steve - congrats on your victory! I miss being in a choir, sometimes. Toured 4 foreign countries, and did 5 domestic tours across the US with my college choir. Something like 400 performances in 5 years. It was awesome! Now I'm more of an overqualified hobbiest musician..that Music Degree isn't doing much, ah well, it was fun

Oct 02, 2012 at 06:20 PM
bobl
• • • •
p.3305 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, Bobl, what can I say? We've been trying to get together since Vegas, it'll happen.
Yup! Somebody said, "Timing is everything".

Oct 02, 2012 at 06:27 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3305 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
We'll be touching down around the same time zimm. I land at dfw at 16:29...provided I make my connection in Toronto. 90 minutes to check in and get through customs, it'll be an adventure.

DFW from Calgary via Toronto...don't you love the hub-and-spoke paradigm?

Where are you staying Wednesday night? Text me when you get close.

Oct 02, 2012 at 06:40 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3305 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shaggy Wolf wrote:
Steve - congrats on your victory! I miss being in a choir, sometimes. Toured 4 foreign countries, and did 5 domestic tours across the US with my college choir. Something like 400 performances in 5 years. It was awesome! Now I'm more of an overqualified hobbiest musician..that Music Degree isn't doing much, ah well, it was fun

Thanks, Rodolfo and Shaggy. I didn't know we had a music major among us...but then, we probably have a brain surgeon lurking somewhere, too.

Shaggy, where did you get your music degree? My mom was an Eastman and New England Conservatory grad, and my sister did a double performance major at Oberlin.

Oct 02, 2012 at 06:44 PM
went
• • •
p.3305 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wishing you all the best for a wonderful extended weekend

Went

went 2012

Full Frame

NIKON D600    370mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    160 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 02, 2012 at 06:44 PM
bobl
• • • •
p.3305 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I didn't know we had a music major among us

BEWARE!!! There's more than one of us!!!

Oct 02, 2012 at 06:57 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3305 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Welcome back Jurgen !

I like those helicopters ! Nice work Velu !

Oct 02, 2012 at 07:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3305 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

There goes the neighborhood!

Oct 02, 2012 at 07:07 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3305 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I can't add any more email addresses to my list of Spot notifications. But you can still see my breadcrumbs at this URL. Nothing there at the moment; the page only shows location data for the past week.

Oct 02, 2012 at 07:09 PM
david russell
• • •
p.3305 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Safe travels Steve, Glenn, Jay and the rest.

My 70-200 rental just arrived and it is an amazing lens. The test pictures are wonderful. Gotta get me one of these.

Oct 02, 2012 at 07:36 PM
bobl
• • • •
p.3305 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

There goes the neighborhood!

Make a note of it.

Oct 02, 2012 at 08:02 PM
Shaggy Wolf
• • •
p.3305 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Thanks, Rodolfo and Shaggy. I didn't know we had a music major among us...but then, we probably have a brain surgeon lurking somewhere, too.

Shaggy, where did you get your music degree? My mom was an Eastman and New England Conservatory grad, and my sister did a double performance major at Oberlin.

We have a little bit of everything here

My pedigree is nothing so fancy, I graduated in '07 from Lycoming College down in PA with a BA in Music and Computer Science. I'm working as a SysAdmin, now...so at least I'm sort of using my CS background, I haven't done a whole lot with music since graduation, sadly. I've got a copy of Sibelius (music composition software) sitting idle on a computer, along with photoshop and lightroom ;/, waiting for me to get my desk cleared off enough that i can use it. Also hoping to get a piano, soon, we'll see.

Oct 02, 2012 at 08:14 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3305 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Take those projects one at a time, my friend. You'll enjoy it more. I love this quote I read ages ago: "You can do anything you want in life... you just can't do EVERYTHING."

Oct 02, 2012 at 08:25 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3305 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:

We do, I think. When my father hit his head in 2010, I got some good recommendations on pros with whom to consult from MATA's own Anthony Semone. Anthony is retired now, but his career was in either neurosurgery or neurology.

Oct 02, 2012 at 08:28 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3305 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I should arrive into DFW around 15:30 tomorrow afternoon, then headed over to the Hilton Garden Inn at Alliance.

Oct 02, 2012 at 09:05 PM
PDumm
• •
p.3305 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I hope this week end's better then it's starting out. Monday I had a Cath Lab visit and atleast that turned out good, but now I'm dealing with a brown recluse bite on my right hand. Still going to try my best to make it to Aliance but it ma slow me down on some things will have to see when I get there.
All the best.

Oct 02, 2012 at 09:13 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3305 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

PDumm wrote:
I hope this week end's better then it's starting out. Monday I had a Cath Lab visit and atleast that turned out good, but now I'm dealing with a brown recluse bite on my right hand. Still going to try my best to make it to Aliance but it ma slow me down on some things will have to see when I get there.
All the best.

Oh no! Good luck with that bite Paul, I hope that doesn't get too bad.

Mark

Oct 02, 2012 at 09:45 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password