pappawheely wrote:
Nice shots. Those must be going pretty fast to get the dirt frozen and the wheels spinning. Can you give the details on ss and aperture?
Thanks!
For the first panning shot, I was at around 1/160sec. For the rest I have a higher ss speed of around 1/1250
Aperture ranged from F3.2 to F4.0 for the high shutter speed shots. For the panning ones I was at around F10
Great pics on what is a tough FAST moving object to track. I have never raced RC but was majorly into the sport and have owned a ton of cars. I often talk about building me another 1/8 scale buggy someday. I'd like to make it out to Jantzen Beach again to watch them race again sometime. Last time I was out there, I was amazed at how trick those gas sedan street cars were. Man are they ever fast.
I need another sport like I need a whole in my head, but would love to come out sometime and check out that 1/8 scale buggy class. Where do they race at?
There's going to be lots of racing at these tracks this summer (almost every weekend). Come join us! It would be great to have more photographers at these races!
As for Jantzen Beach, that's an onroad pavment track run by Rose City Scale Racers. Website: http://www.rosecityscaleracing.com
They hold races bout once a month.
Im going to try to make it to at least one of those saturday rounds this summer. Would go to more, just have a ton of stuff going on all the time. Thanks for the links, I need to stop looking at that stuff now while im ahead.
Great job RC GUY. I worked for R/C Car Action (and a bunch of others) for years in the film days. Did a lot national events and the like (on-road and oval - 1/10, 1/12 and 1/8) this is not an easy thing to do.
Jim Shepka wrote:
Great job RC GUY. I worked for R/C Car Action (and a bunch of others) for years in the film days. Did a lot national events and the like (on-road and oval - 1/10, 1/12 and 1/8) this is not an easy thing to do.
Well done....
Thanks for the comments. It means alot to me coming from someone of your background and experience.