Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Three versions.

Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Three versions.

I like to go outside of the box. Yes, the old saying is get it right in the camera. I couldn't agree more butttt...the damn coach was in the wrong place. A feeble excuse? Sometimes yes. I had to play with this as I had crisp images to work with.

Anyway...................

Thanks for the look. I hope you comment, too many of us don't comment on Sports Corner when we should, me included.

Your comments please.

Ted

Please note an additional image has been added afters Russ's reply.

Version 1

Version 2

Version #3

Edited on Apr 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM · View previous versions

Apr 19, 2013 at 09:57 PM
TSpyers
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Three versions.

While not a big fan of removing stuff from an image, for the purposes of a parent print or poster i would have to say #2 is my favorite of the 3. I feel the work in 2 now allows me to focus on the pitcher rather than the other distractions and has the most comfortable crop and feel. Good work!

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Three versions.

Ted: I would vote for #3 if not for the 'new' background distraction, which I must admit has me really puzzled, since I don't understand how that could be present in this version but absent from the others (even though I do realize the left-most image is different in #30--but I would expected that to be a cutout). I do like the idea of the foot on the rubber overlapping for both images, because when you first posted Version 1 in another thread, I recall being bothered by the presence of two pitching rubbers.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Three versions.

Russ Isabella wrote:
Ted: I would vote for #3 if not for the 'new' background distraction, which I must admit has me really puzzled, since I don't understand how that could be present in this version but absent from the others (even though I do realize the left-most image is different in #30--but I would expected that to be a cutout). I do like the idea of the foot on the rubber overlapping for both images, because when you first posted Version 1 in another thread, I recall being bothered by the presence of two pitching rubbers.

Russ:

Hopefully this added image will clarify things. I too did not like the original image as the coach was much to dominate. The second image as you mentioned, the two pitching rubbers. So I tried a different approach. Move the pitcher to the left and add the second image. I gained the base runner at first but lost the 1st base coach.

Thanks my friend.

Ted

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
gome1122
• • •
p.1 #5 · Three versions.

I would go for #3 but I did notice the runner behind him in only #3 really. But I think it is still the better one.

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mkchang
• • •
p.1 #6 · Three versions.

I think if you are going to do a composite shot on a pitcher you should include a 3 photo of the follow through. This shot makes me think there are 2 pitchers on the mound.

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Three versions.

gome1122 wrote:
I would go for #3 but I did notice the runner behind him in only #3 really. But I think it is still the better one.

Thanks for the reply.

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Three versions.

mkchang wrote:
I think if you are going to do a composite shot on a pitcher you should include a 3 photo of the follow through. This shot makes me think there are 2 pitchers on the mound.

Yes a follow through would have been nice but that is the way it is always done. Did you see the 3rd image? One pitcher both with the foot on the rubber?

Thank you for your reply. Greatly appreciated.

Ted

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM
jmcaverly
• • •
p.1 #9 · Three versions.

Like #2. I am going to have to give one of these a try. Thanks for the inspiration..

Apr 24, 2013 at 01:53 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Three versions.

My pleasure Jeff.

Apr 25, 2013 at 05:41 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password