Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

Peter Figen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

So I bought this killer flashlight and before it got all bunged up from bouncing around my truck, I decided to document it in my own peculiar style. Since there's no board here specifically for product photos, I guess this will have to do.

A simple shot with a Canon 24mm TS-E II, shot at f/11, but with 39 focus slices merged in Helicon and maybe a bit of post. Curiously, even though the 24 T/S has virtually no distortion in normal architectural use, there was a weird distortion that appeared right in the area of heel end of of the light. Most likely caused by the movement of the floating elements and pretty easy to Liquefy away, but interesting to see nevertheless.

24mm    f/11.0    1/2s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 19, 2013 at 08:00 AM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

I really like this, good vision Peter!
Douglas

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Tim ONeill
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

Amazing shot!

Mar 21, 2013 at 08:42 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

Peter- This kind of photography is another of the many kinds about which I know absolutely nothing. But occasionally my board wanderings land on such things, and I want to comment.
In the absence of anything intelligent to say... how about the sincere but always trite-sounding "nice shot?"
Or the ultimate compliment: The Peanut Gallery thinks this is a swell picture.
Charlie

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Simon Kennedy
• • •
p.1 #5 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

Nice work - I find the ts-e's start to exhibit distortion when used at close distances...

Mar 27, 2013 at 08:25 AM
Ed Swift
• • •
p.1 #6 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

That's a very nice flash light and a well done shot.

I've never been able to get my head round doing focus stacking (in practise); I take it the software does all the work?

Mar 27, 2013 at 01:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

The software does most of the work, but you have to clean up where it can't intelligently figure out what to do - like what to do with larger blur radii from a closer focus point obstructing what is behind. On a subject like this, Helicon worked quite well overall, with just a bit of clean up at some of the edges but I've done other stacks where the whole thing just fell apart and I had to go full manual and just paint everything in on individual layers in Ps. Just depends on the image and the resolution, it seems.

Mar 27, 2013 at 03:24 PM
eric1
• •
p.1 #8 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

that's a nice shot. how do you like the flashlight?

eric

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

Eric - This is my second Fenix and this one really rocks. On the brightest "turbo" setting, it's almost as bright as my Hella high beams. Pretty crazy for something the size on an old Ray-O-Vac 2 D cell sized light. This one runs on 8 AA's, which a big plus as well.

Mar 28, 2013 at 06:37 AM
Uzi-

p.1 #10 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

Awesome light and awesome photo of it. I've got a TK40 and really like it fenix makes some great lights.

Mar 28, 2013 at 02:02 PM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Fenix TK 41 (flashlight)

My brother now has flashlight envy.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password