New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · NPS Sponsor Needed

wishdiver

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NPS Sponsor Needed

Hello,

I hate needing to ask a favor but unfortunately circumstances require I try.

I am a professional photographer in Wisconsin that works primarily Boudoir, Wedding and Glamour photography. Last week I started hearing some noise in my 200-400 F4 VR and need to send it in. I do not want to wait 2-3 months for this to get looked at and would greatly value a NPS member to sponsor me.

Recently I had a NPS member say they would sponsor me just to find out that they were no longer member. Hence they could not be a sponsor and why I need your help.

Today I talked the local Rep and he advised that I try here and on another site.

If you could help I would appreciate it.

Rich

www.vitalimage.com

Edited on Mar 15, 2013 at 01:29 PM · View previous versions

Mar 13, 2013 at 09:51 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NPS Sponsor Needed

I can't help, but I am giving this message a bump hoping someone with NPS membership will notice it.

Mar 14, 2013 at 09:23 AM
wishdiver

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NPS Sponsor Needed

Thanks AMAJI with almost 200 views I would think someone would be a NPS member that could help. Here is to hoping.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Baywing
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NPS Sponsor Needed

Why not just send it to APS? While I have yet to try them myself, I did call them and they said their usual turnaround is quite short. Others who have used them say the beat the best turnaround times of Nikon factory repair.

Mar 14, 2013 at 01:45 PM
mike-in-ak
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NPS Sponsor Needed

Even with a sponsor it can still take quite a bit of time before you may be accepted into the NPS program.

My turn around on repairs to my D300 with Nikon El Segundo was just 14 days and a lens repair at APS was about the same. But Nikon was less expensive.

Mar 14, 2013 at 02:13 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · NPS Sponsor Needed

mike-in-ak wrote:
Even with a sponsor it can still take quite a bit of time before you may be accepted into the NPS program.

My turn around on repairs to my D300 with Nikon El Segundo was just 14 days and a lens repair at APS was about the same. But Nikon was less expensive.

+1

Mar 14, 2013 at 02:23 PM
wishdiver

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · NPS Sponsor Needed

I appreciate everyones input on getting the lens taken care of but to be honest I only want to send it into Nikon. Lets face it, this is how I make a living and I don't want to deal with a third party plus I have invested tens of thousands of dollars into Nikon equipment and would prefer that they handle it.

Also what would happen if one of my D4’s suddenly died? Granted I have 5 or 6 other Nikons I can pull from but I do not want to be without a D4 for any longer then I need to.

There has to be someone out their that wants to a hero and help me get this done. Nikon has already accepted me into the program and approved my equipment and tear sheets it is only having a legitimate sponsor that is holding me back.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2013 at 05:32 PM
wishdiver

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · NPS Sponsor Needed

There has to be a NPS member that has seen this. Here is your chance to do your good deed for the year.

Mar 15, 2013 at 09:52 AM
RDParker

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · NPS Sponsor Needed

Maybe change title to "NPS Sponsor needed"?

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM
wishdiver

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · NPS Sponsor Needed

Good call I will give it a try

Mar 15, 2013 at 01:29 PM
sic0048
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · NPS Sponsor Needed

nevermind.....

Mar 15, 2013 at 02:45 PM
colincarter46
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · NPS Sponsor Needed

drop me a pm, ill write you a sponsor letter

Mar 15, 2013 at 03:32 PM
wishdiver

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · NPS Sponsor Needed

I just wanted to thank everyone that gave me advice on servicing my lens and to everyone that offered to sponsor me. Thanks again and hopefully Nikon will review and approve this one now that I have an actual Nikon Professional Service member working with me.

Thanks again

Rich

Mar 15, 2013 at 05:24 PM
TheObiJuan
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · NPS Sponsor Needed

Hey Rich, I read this a bit too late, but would have helped you out too. We're a small community in here and help each other out when we can.

Mar 15, 2013 at 08:40 PM
HelenB

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · NPS Sponsor Needed

I'm looking for one as well. I know plenty of other pros, but none of them are NPS members.

Mar 15, 2013 at 09:22 PM
davidnholtjr
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · NPS Sponsor Needed

wishdiver wrote:
Hello,

I hate needing to ask a favor but unfortunately circumstances require I try.

I am a professional photographer in Wisconsin that works primarily Boudoir, Wedding and Glamour photography. Last week I started hearing some noise in my 200-400 F4 VR and need to send it in. I do not want to wait 2-3 months for this to get looked at and would greatly value a NPS member to sponsor me.

Recently I had a NPS member say they would sponsor me just to find out that they were no longer member. Hence they could not be a sponsor and why I need
...Show more

I'm not a NPS member and the longest I have ever waited for Nikon to fix something for me was 3 weeks and that was because they needed to wait for a part. All other times it took 7-10 days to get back. So I really don't think having NPS makes a difference.

You could also try APS http://nikoncamerarepair.com/ I hear they are fast and good.

Mar 15, 2013 at 09:38 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · NPS Sponsor Needed

after all the horror stories i hear of repairs (specifically "impact damage"), i don't think being an NPS member will even help - but who knows..

Mar 15, 2013 at 09:41 PM
colincarter46
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · NPS Sponsor Needed

HelenB wrote:
I'm looking for one as well. I know plenty of other pros, but none of them are NPS members.

HI Helen, drop me a pm, ill help if i can

Mar 16, 2013 at 03:59 AM
ACNYPhoto
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · NPS Sponsor Needed

colincarter46 wrote:
HI Helen, drop me a pm, ill help if i can

I've never sponsored anyone but I think you need to be in the same country, no?

Mar 16, 2013 at 08:37 AM
TFrazior
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · NPS Sponsor Needed

I am also in the same boat needing a Sponsor. I meet all the requirements but no sponsor. any help on this would be great.

May 21, 2013 at 02:18 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.