Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A dangerous way of life.

Cicopo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A dangerous way of life.

Although the local government has passed both a helmet law & restricted the number of riders allowed local authorities just seem to ignore the regular use of moto's as the family car.

Mar 08, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Guari
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A dangerous way of life.

And some might argue that due to a more relaxed, less itrusive government, they get to live a more free & fullfiling life. Yes, some will crash and some will die, and that is called natural selelction.

Maybe it is because these people have bigger worries in their life that the mere thought of three people riding a scooter seems laughable. And I mean things like putting food on the table and not being shot stray bullets from the cartel's. riding that bike may actually be the safest thing they get to do during the day.

Life is relative. It all depends upon the optic you have grown accostumed to see it.

On the pictures, I have the impression they might work better in bw. They look very snapshotsy.

Mar 08, 2013 at 12:34 AM
kinconorb
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A dangerous way of life.

Guari wrote:
And some might argue that due to a more relaxed, less itrusive government, they get to live a more free & fullfiling life.

Well said!

Sure, some people die but that's the risk you take. I can die crossing the street, or walking to work, every day is a roll of the dice. Problem in the global north is people are so accustomed to being told what they can, and cannot do, no-one can think for themselves anymore. We need laws and government telling us like little children what we can and cannot do. Warning labels on coffee since some asshole, decided well this feels like ice cold water, I'm going to chug this down. I don't know about you, but I hate being told what to do everyday.

Mar 08, 2013 at 01:16 AM
Cicopo
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A dangerous way of life.

Firstly there aren't any cartel problems there & it's a very safe place to live or visit from a very low crime rate perspective. Secondly they are relatively well off money wise by their own admission and have most of the same luxury items many have here at home from smart phones to tablets & flat screen TV's.
Natural selection is a great idea when it works but who's responsible for the bills when it doesn't quite do it's job? What about the mental anguish it you hit them while driving a rental car? Just a slight bump could really do some major damage to them. When there's a safer way to work, live or relax and you know about it but refuse to think it applies to you make sure your relatives know they shouldn't hold the other person responsible.

Mar 08, 2013 at 01:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Guari
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A dangerous way of life.

I wasn't trying to be a dick, honestly

I just hate the idea of been told what I can and can't do. I grew up in South America so I'm really familiar with what you write, and I understand that it must be a cultural shock to see things that usually carry a police fine if you do them up north (wether the US/CAN or Europe).

I also understand the reason why there are laws; in order to preserve other people's well being and safety. I'm not saying I condone having two people and a baby in a scooter. I'm just saying it happens and it is their way of life.

Now I'm living in Europe and while things work and there is no chaotic way of life as is typical in SAmerica, life is boring as s$%t... Don't get me wrong, I love the security, culture and all of that, but there is a reason why suicide rate in highly developed European countries is so high... There's zero excitement in life. Nada.

Mar 08, 2013 at 09:14 AM
corey_kaye

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A dangerous way of life.

I just find it odd that it's if anyone's missing a helmet it's always the young kid.

Mar 11, 2013 at 04:16 AM
surly
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A dangerous way of life.

corey_kaye wrote:
I just find it odd that it's if anyone's missing a helmet it's always the young kid.

Ever shop for a kids helmet?

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Cicopo
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A dangerous way of life.

Helmets are available but as you can see the majority being purchased offer minimal protection due to their design & the way they are worn. Unfortunately it really is a way of life and one that worked in the past when there wasn't much traffic but the island's population has tripled since the adult riders were the kids being driven around in the same way.

Mar 13, 2013 at 01:29 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password