Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Delicate Arch

bktools
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Delicate Arch

Arches National Park, Utah. Thanks for looking.

Bob

Edited on Mar 06, 2013 at 03:15 AM · View previous versions

Mar 06, 2013 at 01:33 AM
ifaynshteyn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Delicate Arch

A great capture. I love the B&W treatment at this scene. Two things I would adjust would be to perhaps leave some more room on the interior right side of the arch so that the rock formation has more space inside the keyhole. Also, I don't know if it's a matter of jpeg web resize or banding from overprocessing, but the top of the photo is heavily pixelated.

Mar 06, 2013 at 01:59 AM
bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Delicate Arch

ifaynshteyn wrote:
A great capture. I love the B&W treatment at this scene. Two things I would adjust would be to perhaps leave some more room on the interior right side of the arch so that the rock formation has more space inside the keyhole. Also, I don't know if it's a matter of jpeg web resize or banding from overprocessing, but the top of the photo is heavily pixelated.

Hi Ilya,

Many thanks for your most welcome and kind comments/suggestions and glad you like the image, with reservations. I have subsequently filtered the jpeg noise in the image and it now looks clean on my calibrated NEC MultiSync monitor.

Bob

Edited on Mar 06, 2013 at 02:05 PM · View previous versions

Mar 06, 2013 at 03:21 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Delicate Arch

As is now, Bob, I think it's a fine image.
Perhaps more than any other pic of Delicate Arch, this one really looks like the lower half of a bowlegged cowboy.
An effect that I always liked.
Charlie

Mar 06, 2013 at 04:21 AM
tomandmarj
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Delicate Arch

a classic shot with very good processing.
regards, tom

Mar 06, 2013 at 03:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Dougo
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Delicate Arch

"looks like the lower half of a bowlegged cowboy." as Charlie said

Boots and all. well handled in difficult light.

Cheers Ray

Mar 06, 2013 at 08:32 PM
bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Delicate Arch

Hi Charlie, Tom & Ray,

Thanks very much for your most welcome and kind comments and glad you like the image.

Bob

Mar 07, 2013 at 04:47 AM
sb in ak
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Delicate Arch

Nice composition and great b&w conversion! I hope to head to Arches this spring.

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:13 AM
bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Delicate Arch

sb in ak wrote:
Nice composition and great b&w conversion! I hope to head to Arches this spring.

Hi sb in ak,

Many thanks for your most welcome and kind comments and glad you like the image: it was a good time to be there and wishing you a good experience at Arches this Spring.

There's lots of great scenes to photograph at Arches, and it's a very busy, visited park in the Spring. The image was captured mid-morning, Sunday, May, 2005. The night before, I camped at nearby Canyonlands and got to Arches at dawn, which was good for light and shadows on the sandstone monuments. By the time I got to the trailhead to hike to Delicate Arch, the parking lot was almost full and many people were going up the trail. Getting there earlier is best.

My first visit to Arches was in 1964, when the area was a seldom visited National Monument, and I recall then that I was the only visitor that day.

Bob

Mar 07, 2013 at 02:59 PM
owyhee
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Delicate Arch

Very nice image and processing. Great work.

Mar 08, 2013 at 02:41 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password