FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Garrapata

awacs
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Garrapata

I almost never get out for nature shoots any more. I go to Garrapata state park about once a year, and for the life of me I can never remember when the wildflowers peak. I seem to be good at bracketing it, though. This year I went way too early! The hills are barren. No harm no foul, though, nice hike and and interesting fog banks.

I didn't get much, photographically, but since I don't post nearly enough I may as well put something up, right?

I guess I'll go back in a month or so.

Happy shooting,
Aram

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:37 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Garrapata

Hi Aram,

Thanks for posting these from your excursion. I like #1 the most, the foreground is a nice addition to that shot. You definitely should get back there in a month or so, you should start getting some cool blooms too.

Jim

Mar 05, 2013 at 09:03 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Garrapata

Aram,
I agree w/Jim, #1 has the best mood.
I would add that the coastal parts of Garrapata are where the drama is, especially from the bluffs, out to sea. The waves on rocky coast, sea stacks.

Dan

Mar 05, 2013 at 10:31 PM
awacs
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Garrapata

Thank you, very generous of you both to comment.

Dan, I agree to a point. I always see two Garrapatas -- the bluffs, and the big hill. In a good year, the blossoming hillsides have their own drama. Plus it's a great hike! And absolutely, the ocean bluffs are amazing. There's a case for a dawn (hills) to dusk (bluffs) shoot!

Aram

Mar 06, 2013 at 03:46 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.