FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · March weather wild card

ckhagen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · March weather wild card

This is why I cannot stand March in this area...
People associate March with Spring and the Beach with warm. The thing is, you just never know what you're going to get! So I have a beach wedding today and its 38 degrees, 65% humidity, and 15 mph winds. And of course, unlike rain, heat and cold don't seem to have the same effects on changing the venue. The guests will be miserable.
Lets see how many layers of clothes I can put on and not look ridiculous... And I hope I don't get sick.

I know its far colder and snowing in lots of places today. Just be thankful you're not on the beach!

Mar 02, 2013 at 10:01 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · March weather wild card

yeah...I bet the beach cold is even worse than our snow cold right now...the wind would be killer.

Mar 02, 2013 at 10:05 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · March weather wild card

hopefully everyone will be bundled up. I had a really cold day a few weekends ago and I was going to prepare for it... none of the event was outdoors, but I knew I wanted to get them outside for photos. I got them outside, but it was really cold and windy. Because I figured none of them would be prepared for it, I decided not to wear any extra layers myself so I could be more sensitive to how cold it really was, so we froze together, but we did get some awesome images and we didn't stay outside too long.

Mar 02, 2013 at 10:16 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · March weather wild card

38deg?! That is a fantastic temp for a wedding!
Cheer up as long as it is not raining youll be ok !

Mar 02, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · March weather wild card

Wear UGGS or FUGGS

Mar 02, 2013 at 04:01 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · March weather wild card

38 degrees Fahrenheit?

Good luck!

Mar 02, 2013 at 06:04 PM
Gray
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · March weather wild card

I'm with you on that cold beach. I'm in NE Florida and it's pretty cold over here, not like some of you guys but cold for us. I always get the beach shoots on the worst and windy days. They all want the fly away hair fixed in PhotoShop. Good luck with that wedding.

Mar 02, 2013 at 06:22 PM
Brian Virts
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · March weather wild card

Windy and cold on the beach is the worst, hope you made the best of it!

Mar 02, 2013 at 07:19 PM
CanonPhotog

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · March weather wild card

Too late for today, but get some of those handwarmers at a sporting goods store. The ones I'm talking about are the packets that are activated when you open their cellophane wrappers. I like to put one in each jacket pocket. They work great for heating up cold fingers/hands on those frigid shoots.

Mar 02, 2013 at 08:42 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · March weather wild card

Well the MoH and ringbearer were in tears because of the cold... But the bride stuck with me and made the best of it. I'm glad she did because the light was great. The couple, my assistant and all had no feeling in our hands and purpl fingers when we were done but we lived. I actually had hand and foot Warmer packs with me but I couldn't use the hand Warmers and shoot at the same time!

Mar 03, 2013 at 12:04 AM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · March weather wild card

Here we are freezing our asses off!

http://candicekphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/image-e1362287621870.jpg

Mar 03, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · March weather wild card

Oh, yeah, that does look like it was worth braving the cold. Post a few here in this thread when you're done? It will be amusing to see the final product along with this story.

Mar 03, 2013 at 01:16 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.