New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nikon Repair/Service

AndyD
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon Repair/Service

Once in a while I read experiences with Nikon service in the forum. So this is my recent dealings with Nikon repair.
I've had my D4 for five months. A couple of weeks ago while getting ready for a basketball game I noticed that the focus selector lock had fallen off the camera! It was sitting on my lap! Thank God for the back up camera. So off I went with my D3s. Next day I sent the D4 to Melville, NY. They received it on Feb. 20th and the repair was under warranty.Today March 1st, UPS delivered my D4
The invoice repair states the following: 1. Focus selector lock replaced. 2. Adjusted auto focus operation and cleaned the sensor.
So for a nine days turn around I'm very pleased. Not only the camera was repaired but it was checked and cleaned (sensor).

Cheers,
Andy

Edited on Mar 01, 2013 at 04:11 PM · View previous versions

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:27 PM
davidnholtjr
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon Repair/Service

Good to hear you got it fixed with no problems.

What I find weird is for a $6000 body to have a part just fall off like that. I've heard others have had parts just fall off also.

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:17 PM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon Repair/Service

I just had a D4, 500mm, 300 F4, and D800 to Melville and all were back in two weeks (I have to send this stuff off when I'm not shooting, so it builds up). They did a great job (although I still have to verify the D800 AF is fixed).

Sometimes it works out.

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:40 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon Repair/Service

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:30 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.