Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Fall Wedding from 2012

nextelbuddy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Fall Wedding from 2012

I didn't shoot many weddings last year but this was my favorite of the ones I did.

I hope this isn't too many pictures. If there is any critique I'm definitely open to it, its the only way I can get better.

Thanks in Advance!

Please don't mind the water mark, It has since been modified to remove the cross-hair and also made much smaller. Initially I just wanted the mark for branding and also out of the way from the image as well.

DSC_6547 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_6660 copy 4 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_8865 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_8962-Recovered alt copy 3 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_9021 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_8984 alt by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_9031 alt by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_9039 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_9145 alt by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_9153 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_9182 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_9325 copy 2 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_9334 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_6767 alt copy by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_6771 copy 2 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_9363- Final 2 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_6811 copy 4 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_7017 copy by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_7050 copy 2 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_7153 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_7190 copy by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_6985 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_7273 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:22 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Fall Wedding from 2012

I think it's funny how a recent thread with one random image can get so much attention while this one practically falls off the page without a single reply. Weird, especially given the courteous lead-in to this post.

Personally, I've been avoiding image threads for a while to do some personal wood shedding but feel I have a good enough sense of where I'm headed that it's okay to take a peek every now and then. I don't really like giving critique but there's some good stuff here. I'm not too keen on some of the fake blurring used in a couple of the ceremony images but I think the coverage here is excellent and I love the 'brightness' of these images.

Mar 04, 2013 at 07:34 PM
ShaneMD
• • •
p.1 #3 · Fall Wedding from 2012

Yeah, I'm with Maxwell. You did really well and I enjoyed these. Good coverage all around, the portraits especially, and the processing for all of the pre reception pics is great.

Mar 04, 2013 at 07:38 PM
kwhaley29
• •
p.1 #4 · Fall Wedding from 2012

There are lots of great images in this set, and I especially like #3.

You did something great that I don't see too often (at least that I recall) and that's have the bride pose with the groomsmen and the groom pose with the bridesmaids.

The processing feels a little strong on 5-8 but that's just a matter of taste. By comparison I like the processing on 12-15 a lot better.

Overall this is a pretty solid set!

Mar 04, 2013 at 08:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #5 · Fall Wedding from 2012

maxwell1295 wrote:
I think it's funny how a recent thread with one random image can get so much attention while this one practically falls off the page without a single reply. Weird, especially given the courteous lead-in to this post.

Personally, I've been avoiding image threads for a while to do some personal wood shedding but feel I have a good enough sense of where I'm headed that it's okay to take a peek every now and then. I don't really like giving critique but there's some good stuff here. I'm not too keen on some of the fake blurring used in
...Show more

kwhaley29 wrote:
There are lots of great images in this set, and I especially like #3.

You did something great that I don't see too often (at least that I recall) and that's have the bride pose with the groomsmen and the groom pose with the bridesmaids.

The processing feels a little strong on 5-8 but that's just a matter of taste. By comparison I like the processing on 12-15 a lot better.

Overall this is a pretty solid set!

Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate the feedback and the honesty.

sometimes I feel i'm still searching for my processing style and in a few scenarios but learning more and more about consistency with style.

the fake blur certainly does look out of place especially in context with the other images. I saw that this technique was a little common in many wedding images on the internet and decided to give it a try but its not exactly timeless and more of a short lived fad that most likely will go away soon unless someone uses an actual tilt shift lens in which case the blur will look more natural.

Images 5-8 are a bit heavy in the contrast and saturation department and I have since scaled that back. images that don't involve outdoor sunlight typically in the past have received a different processing treatment but I wont be doing that anymore and keeping things more consistent.

My favorite styles are as you mentioned... images 12-15... nice and light and a tad muted on the tones.

Its hard doing everything by yourself with no second shooter at weddings and trying to get Bride getting ready and Groom getting ready on top of the reception is challenging at times but its something I love and welcome and will continue to challenge myself further.

Thanks again so much for taking the time to give some critique. I feel a bit more confident now!

Mar 04, 2013 at 10:06 PM
CraigB1960

p.1 #6 · Fall Wedding from 2012

All and all they are good.

A couple things that took my attention away from subject was on number 5 the perspective seems off with regards to the pictures on the wall. The colors chosen by the Bride, really pop. I usually try to pick backgrounds that have less clutter to show off their choices.

On number 8, I would of avoided the stovepipe coming out of the Groom's head by shifted my angle.

As mentioned, few photographers get the Bride with the Groomsmen and Bridesmaids with Groom, I find that it makes great photos and you captured that well.

I think some of the photographs are overly processed. Though I like 12 through 15, seems like you were fighting the light? On my screen, they look almost washed out.

You are right about having to be everywhere at once. My wife shoots with me a lot, but regardless, I always go through the schedule with the Bride in detail....though usually that goes right out the door. At least we have something to shoot for.

I am sure the B&G were very pleased!
Regards,
Craig

Mar 05, 2013 at 01:59 AM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #7 · Fall Wedding from 2012

CraigB1960 wrote:
All and all they are good.

A couple things that took my attention away from subject was on number 5 the perspective seems off with regards to the pictures on the wall. The colors chosen by the Bride, really pop. I usually try to pick backgrounds that have less clutter to show off their choices.

On number 8, I would of avoided the stovepipe coming out of the Groom's head by shifted my angle.

As mentioned, few photographers get the Bride with the Groomsmen and Bridesmaids with Groom, I find that it makes great photos and you captured that well.

I think some
...Show more

Thanks so much for the feedback. I certainly have an excuse for things like the perspective being off in that one image or the over processing but I'm here for critique and feedback to get better.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it!

Mar 08, 2013 at 08:39 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password