Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Content Aware Move Question

photo1a
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Content Aware Move Question

Problem with content aware move.

I am trying to remove an object from a photo in a difficult-to-clone area. Here are the steps that reveal the problem:

1. If I use the clone tool it works well.
2. Now I go to the content aware move tool, make my selection and move it. The area in question is improved.
3 I go back to the clone tool, but it does not work anyplace in the image.

I have tried this a number of times, checking carefully to be sure that I have, in fact, selected the clone tool (step 3). The clone tool does not work for me after using content aware move.

What's going on?

Feb 28, 2013 at 06:15 AM
mshi
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Content Aware Move Question

are you working on an empty layer doing cloning and cw moving? if so, set the sample layer to "current and below" when in clone tool.

Feb 28, 2013 at 06:26 AM
photo1a
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Content Aware Move Question

I am using the "current & Below" option on a single layer. I have tried all three options, none work.

The clone tool seems to be activated. When I Alt (pc) click on a selection area, I see the circle with the cross hairs within the selection circle, indicating that a selection is made. When I move the selection circle over the area to be cloned, the selection area appears. But, when I click to apply the clone, the clone is not applied. If I then open a different file, the clone tool works perfectly.

Feb 28, 2013 at 06:42 AM
photo1a
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Content Aware Move Question

OK, I found the solution:
After using the content aware move tool, change the tool back to healing brush. Then go to the clone tool and it will work. ()

Feb 28, 2013 at 07:03 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Content Aware Move Question

Or command- D to deselect the area you just moved.

Feb 28, 2013 at 07:40 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password