Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Help! Watermark for a student

lastofthezeds

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Help! Watermark for a student

So I have started shooting for my school (a lot of sports, covering events etc), and they are loving my work. The problem is that I feel like I am losing out on some credit for my photos, and I would like to add a small watermark to them so that I know I can refer to my work later.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me by creating a small watermark and emailing it to me

I only have Aperture, and I know that I am able to insert it into the photos, but without Photoshop, it seems near impossible to generate a transparent watermark.

I am looking for something like 'AZ Photography' in a semi-transparent line to put at the bottom.

Please let me know if you could help me!

Feb 28, 2013 at 05:31 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Help! Watermark for a student

i cant really offer much, but try here!
http://picmarkr.com/

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=easy+photo+watermark+maker&searchtype=downloads

Feb 28, 2013 at 05:40 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Help! Watermark for a student

You should really invest in Photoshop or even Photoshop Elements. Pick up the oldest version that will work with your OS. Or get the school to buy it.

You simply need to select the shade of lettering that will suit the image, then copy & paste it onto your image. Move it to the correct position, then fade to suit.

Feb 28, 2013 at 05:57 AM
lastofthezeds

p.1 #4 · Help! Watermark for a student

Found out CS6 has a free trial! Problem solved!

Check out some of my stuff on the Facebook page. Search "Notre Dame RecSports"

Feb 28, 2013 at 06:36 PM
Corojo
• • •
p.1 #5 · Help! Watermark for a student

an inexpensive option for you could be www.watermarkfactory.com -$50.00 investment for a stand alone/cross platform software w/many embellishments. Easy to use.

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Help! Watermark for a student

This is very nice stand-alone:

http://plumamazing.com/win/iwatermark/

Mar 03, 2013 at 02:44 AM
papageno
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Help! Watermark for a student

I would imagine that a watermark would be frowned upon in journalism. What if the image is cropped in a way you didn't foresee?

Can't you apply pressure for proper credits if they like your work that much?

Mar 11, 2013 at 04:57 AM
jchin
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Help! Watermark for a student

Take a look at Faststone Image Viewer.
There is a "text" overlay and "watermark" option within its batch processing.
This might be the easiest and quickest way to watermark a bunch of images.

FYI ... I am curious how you can "pressure" the media to give you credit? I've submitted lots of photos to the local papers and in each case, my message requested photo credit. Every time, they gave no credit at all. Also I've put a small watermark on the bottom right of the image "PHOTO BY ..." and they just crop it out.

So good luck.

Mar 30, 2013 at 05:04 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Help! Watermark for a student

jchin wrote:
Take a look at Faststone Image Viewer.
There is a "text" overlay and "watermark" option within its batch processing.
This might be the easiest and quickest way to watermark a bunch of images.

FYI ... I am curious how you can "pressure" the media to give you credit? I've submitted lots of photos to the local papers and in each case, my message requested photo credit. Every time, they gave no credit at all. Also I've put a small watermark on the bottom right of the image "PHOTO BY ..." and they just crop it out.

So good luck.

Hmmm, isn't this a violation of DMCA to remove your likeness without permission ... or are you consenting to the removal of your likeness (in exchange for payment @ agreed upon terms allowing such removal) simply because they'll otherwise not use it/pay for it?

Mar 30, 2013 at 01:55 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password