Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Capture One Express 7 problem

galenapass
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Capture One Express 7 problem

Hi all,

I am a long time fan of Capture One and I currently use an outdated version 5. Recently, I downloaded the new Express 7 version, as a trial, but I have a problem. I have a smaller SSD drive (60G) as my main computer drive (drive C), and images stored on a 4 T drive array. If I import these images into a catalog (the images physically stay on the array), then my C drive is filled up and the import stops not to mention the ill effects of having no room on the C drive! I think I can get around this problem by locating the catalog file on a different drive. To do so I need to set up a new catalog (I think); the instructional video mentions 2 ways (1) clicking the "+" sign on the Library tab or clicking on the "new catalog" option under the File menu. However, there is no "+" sign in the Library menu (only a down arrow and a ? mark) and no "new catalog" option on my trail version. I am stuck.

I use C1 5 with no trouble, but it does not require a catalog and works with the hierarchy of folders within my drive array - which I greatly prefer over the catalog method.

Any insight or suggestions (I would rather not buy a bigger SSD drive just for a trial version)? Thanks,

Feb 27, 2013 at 08:13 PM
mshi
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Capture One Express 7 problem

Don't use catalog. Instead, open the folder that contains the files as a session instead.

Feb 27, 2013 at 08:59 PM
galenapass
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Capture One Express 7 problem

The trial download includes 2 versions - the express version, and the pro version. The pro version allows one to open a new catalog and save it to a specific drive, thereby solving my issue. So far it looks like the express version is not going to meet my needs. It's a shame, the noise reduction looks fantastic.

Feb 28, 2013 at 02:55 AM
Snead
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Capture One Express 7 problem

Try posting here, Phase One support people answer questions;

http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewforum.php?f=47

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password