Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Capture One 7 Express; Finally!

phil hawkins
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Capture One 7 Express; Finally!

Phase One finally buckled and released Capture One 7 Express for $99. If you need really good highlight recovery this is the raw converter to get. (Why couldn't they just do this from the beginning?)

http://www.phaseone.com/Imaging-Software/Capture-One-Express-7.aspx

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Capture One 7 Express; Finally!

I'm still working with Capture One 5.1.2 and I have not been paying attention to their development. Is C1 7 Express a full version or a "lighter" version?

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM
phil hawkins
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Capture One 7 Express; Finally!

It's a "light" version in that it doesn't have tethering capability or support for medium format backs. If you're still using V. 5, you desperately need to upgrade! There's a world of difference in image quality output between the two.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Capture One 7 Express; Finally!

The v7 processing engine is much much better, and more film like than any other processor I've used.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Capture One 7 Express; Finally!

OK - I'll give it a try. Thanks for posting!

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Capture One 7 Express; Finally!

Are there any camera support issues ...

In previous years / versions, it seemed (online info) as though I had to get the Pro version in order to get camera support for my 1D Series. I'm shooting mostly on SLR/c and 1D MK II N (antiques I know). With LR4 and CS6 already ... I don't feel compelled toward the $$$ of the Pro version, but the Express I could be interested in as long as it supports my cameras. Guess I'll just download the trial & see.

Thanks for the heads up.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:35 PM
phil hawkins
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Capture One 7 Express; Finally!

I'm very sure it supports D series Canon cameras. But that's the best thing to do... download the trial and see what happens.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Capture One 7 Express; Finally!

I'm excited to be able to get this for processing the occasional Fuji X-trans file that gets biffed in Lightroom. I wasn't looking forward to shellingout $249, especially since LR does fine with most files, but $69 for an upgrade from my C1 4 license is definitely doable.

Feb 25, 2013 at 01:40 PM
Snead
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Capture One 7 Express; Finally!

I've been using Capture One Pro 7 since September and it is truly a great step forward in image processing. I have gone back to process Raw images taken years ago and difference is very impressive. The HDR processing is improved and gives an big increase in dynamic range with an increase noise reduction. It will make you want to go back and process your old images again!

Feb 26, 2013 at 08:23 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.