Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Mark IIN dark pictures shutter????

tzarrello4

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mark IIN dark pictures shutter????

Taking shots this weekend, looked at LCD and screen was pitch black. Shutter seems to be working but all pictures are black. Just got new shutter last year, sent out to Canon for major over haul. Histogram of pics are striped black and grey as well. Set camera to manual and slowest shutter speed and still clicks so don't think its the shutter, any ideas?

Feb 25, 2013 at 03:05 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mark IIN dark pictures shutter????

tzarrello4 wrote:
Taking shots this weekend, looked at LCD and screen was pitch black. Shutter seems to be working but all pictures are black. Just got new shutter last year, sent out to Canon for major over haul. Histogram of pics are striped black and grey as well. Set camera to manual and slowest shutter speed and still clicks so don't think its the shutter, any ideas?

Welcome to FM (your first post).

Take the lens off, set the camera to manual with a 1 second shutterspeed, and then fire the shutter while looking in its throat. If the shutter opens for about a second and exposes the sensor, then it is unlikely to be the sensor. That should yield an all-white image (might blink if you have highlight warning turned on).

You say the pictures are all black on the camera LCD, but you don't say about the pictures when uploaded to your computer. Are those black too?

The striped histogram might indicate low-bit noise in the pictures. Try exagerating the contrast drastically with a severe Curve in Photoshop or one of the automatic adjustments.

Feb 25, 2013 at 03:17 AM
tzarrello4

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mark IIN dark pictures shutter????

Thanks for the warm welcome! The shutter seems to be working, I just had the shutter replaced and camera overhauled less than a year ago. The pics are black once uploaded as well. Taking it to authorized dealer today, see what they say. Just not sure if i should fix it again and stick with the devil i know or shop around for another one (seen them as low as $550) Any suggestions on an upgrade? I love the 8fps on this body and can't imagine stepping down but can't afford a $6000 body.

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:47 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password