New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nikon D2Hs fEE Error

jweiser11

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon D2Hs fEE Error

Hi everyone I am stumped on trying to fix an fEE error on my Nikon D2Hs. When I put on my Nikon 80-200mm F2.8 Ed lens and my Nikon 50mm F1.8 lens I get a fEE Error. I have tried just about everything from doing a factory reset to doing the basic making sure the aperture ring is set to the lowest aperture. I tried calling Nikon but I was on hold for about 25 minutes and got disconnected. I have gone into the menu to the aperture ring settings and that "fixed" it for a bit. However when the camera is set to Manual the aperture was changing all over the place and was shooting at 200 ISO even though the ISO was set at 1,600 ISO. Someone please help me.

Feb 23, 2013 at 04:03 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon D2Hs fEE Error

Well if you have made sure the aperture ring is set to it lowest settings then the next obvious issue is that you may have either dirty contacts on the camera. I say camera since it is occurring on multiple lens. Clean the contacts with electrical cleaner or alcohol. The lens may also not be rotating in the mount all the way to the stop so the pins are not making good contact. Give it a little bit of a hard twist if the cleaning doesn't work. It it is not either of those you may have an issue needing service but 99% of the time it's one of these two issues.

Dave

Feb 23, 2013 at 04:26 PM
jweiser11

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon D2Hs fEE Error

Dave,
I did all of that and still nothing. This is really frustrating..

Feb 23, 2013 at 06:06 PM
roland hale
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon D2Hs fEE Error

I had this happen on my old D2HS. All I had to do was tighten the screws on the silver ring that you mount the lens on - sorry, don't know the technical term.

That said, my D2HS WAS an error in itself.

Feb 23, 2013 at 06:32 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon D2Hs fEE Error

jweiser11 wrote:
Dave,
I did all of that and still nothing. This is really frustrating..

Time to ship it off for service. Sounds like may be a short in the wires leading to the contacts or worst a bad board. Nikon service is one option but from a cost standpoint their very best authorized service center is in Chicago and they are fast and cheap. APS is your best bet if you want to get it fixed. Still a great camera and they will give you an estimate before you get a big bill you don't want.

http://nikoncamerarepair.com/ (APS Chicago)

Dave

Feb 23, 2013 at 07:02 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.