Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Hockey State

evillemperor

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hockey State

(Scroll to down to p#4 to see new pics from state) I order my new 5D MK III, which is supposed to arrive Tuesday. Tuesday is also the state championship for our hockey team. I have shot hockey with a 7D and 70-200 f2.8 IS L. I generally shoot through the glass, but I hope for this game I can get in the dugout (or whatever it is called) with the players. I previously rented the 5D for a basketball game, so I am familiar with the AF. Any advice for me?
Here are a few shots:

IMG_0847 by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

I want it! by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

IMG_8530 by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

IMG_0047 by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

IMG_8617 by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

Edited on Feb 28, 2013 at 11:50 PM · View previous versions

Feb 23, 2013 at 05:33 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hockey State

evillemperor wrote:
I order my new 5D MK III, which is supposed to arrive Tuesday. Tuesday is also the state championship for our hockey team. I have shot hockey with a 7D and 70-200 f2.8 IS L. I generally shoot through the glass, but I hope for this game I can get in the dugout (or whatever it is called) with the players. I previously rented the 5D for a basketball game, so I am familiar with the AF. Any advice for me?

the 5D3 should be much better for indoor sports. the exposure could have been bumped up for some of the pics but it's a good set for shooting thru the glass

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:18 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hockey State

Chris....these aren't too bad. They are a tad underexposed. I see you were at ISO 2500 and SS 1/640. With the 5D MKIII you should be able to get to ISO 4000 with no problem. Take a few test shots at that setting and readjust + or - from there.

You mentioned you may get access to the bench but if you could....try for one of the penalty boxes. This area would tend to be less congested (depending on how things go) and give you a bit more elbow room.

Be careful with your horizons during post and put up a few shots afterwards.

Good luck.

Feb 23, 2013 at 02:09 PM
evillemperor

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hockey State

Thank you for the posts. The game was successful (they won) and here are some of the pics:

Kane by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

CEA_0270 by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

"Two Fucking Times!" by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

"I don't need no woman, I got me a trophy!" by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

CEA_0395 by Ayers Photo, on Flickr

CEA_0484 by Ayers Photo, on Flickr
Yes, the players are a little blurred. I wanted to use a slower shutter speed and lower ISO.
Thoughts/comments?

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:01 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password