Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Dell monitor color tint need advice.

Mr.Konstantin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Dell monitor color tint need advice.

Hi All,

Been using Dell u3011 monitor for a year now with no issues at all until now. I discovered that there is slight yellow tint which appears on the right side of the screen and in patches while viewing a totally white screen. I searched and found a few with same issue but don't know if my tint is really a problem and if I should go through the pain of support and exchange.
Below is a photo of my screen with no other light turned on around me, do you think its a bad case where I should get a replacement from Dell or its within acceptable range. If some one else have experienced the same issue with their monitor and could advice. I cant really see any tinting editing in PS or LR only slightly visible on white background. The reason I am asking; after spending over a grand on this monitor I thought it would perform as one but maybe I was wrong and should've spend my money on likes of NEC.
My monitor is not calibrated and I am using it in sRGB mode with brightness set to 28%. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks for all your help!
Cheers!

Konstantin

Feb 22, 2013 at 03:39 AM
zuke

p.1 #2 · Dell monitor color tint need advice.

I'm using the U2410 and the 2412U in dual setup. Of the two my U2410, which is quite similar to yours, is the most uniform in full white screen by far, because of the CCFL backlight. Your U3011 uniformity looks even worse than that of my 2412U with LED backlight.
Why not return it to your dealer or DELL directly by using DELLS 3 year pick-up and return policy for Ultrasharp monitors. Your screen does not seem to be within the tolerance margins concerning screen uniformity (based on the picture you posted). Good luck!

ps. my screens are not calibrated, U2410 adobe RGB, 78% brightness, 66% contrast.

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:50 PM
Mr.Konstantin
• •
p.1 #3 · Dell monitor color tint need advice.

Thanks for your thoughts zuke. Will have to initiate exchange through Dell sooner than later.

Cheers!

Feb 23, 2013 at 04:42 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password