Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Can anyone recommend good place to buy canvas backdrops?

agelessphotog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Can anyone recommend good place to buy canvas backdrops?

I have alot of clients lately asking to do indoor photo shoots because it's so cold out here in Maryland. I do have a backdrop stand already. I'm guessing Canvas is the best material to use for Child photo shoots. Like Valentines day, Birthdays. I am looking for solid blue and pink colors and also I am thinking about getting one with wood on half and a pattern on the other half. So far it looks like Etsy has some nice backdrops. Anyone else recommend anywhere?

Also since I cannot law anything up against the wall and I have to use a backdrop stand, do I need some sort of molding piece if I want to use a canvas that has half wood and other half pattern?

Feb 19, 2013 at 07:13 PM
fgransee
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Can anyone recommend good place to buy canvas backdrops?

I settled for the solid color Diamond Cloth Backgrounds from 'backgroundoutlet'. Their shipping is not inexpensive and you have to put up with weekly, daily and sometime hourly "deals" and "sales" - some 'better' than others. These backgrounds are high quality though, wrinkle very little and are true in color. Pricing is about I was just recently looking online for a black background options but ended up buying the same product line again.

Feb 19, 2013 at 09:03 PM
studioone

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Can anyone recommend good place to buy canvas backdrops?

I hate the way denny and backdrop outlet have there hourly sales, but they have them all the time, so you just need to hold out for them. But I'm with fgransee on backdrop outlets service, I have been burned by them one time to many. I stick with aurabackdrops now, they have been good to me.

I would start out with a muslin backdrop like this one -
http://www.aurabackdrops.com/10x20-coffee-bean-p-94.html

It is a good starting point, they have a bunch of others but until you get more familier with working with backdrops and what you like I would start with a dyed muslin backdrop for sure, you really have to be more set up for canvas and it costs a lot more.

Feb 20, 2013 at 03:41 PM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Can anyone recommend good place to buy canvas backdrops?

I have used backdrop outlet as well and yes they email bomb you with sales emails everyday. However, don't email them about a customer service issue and expect to get a return email from them in regards to your issue. Won't happen from my experience. They are only about sales. I had a problem with a candystick BG I purchased. Emailed them about it but never heard back.

Greg

Feb 20, 2013 at 09:09 PM
Antione Irwin

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Can anyone recommend good place to buy canvas backdrops?

Hi Everybody,
Well, to be honest I am not too sure as to where canvas backdrops of the type of pattern you require, would be available.
I know I get all my canvas prints done at magnipic.com and the folks there do a splendid job at a very reasonable price. I had a few wedding photographs transferred on to canvas and they transformed it into a veritable piece of art. Come to think of it, you could get in touch with them and they might be able to provide a suitable resolution to your query.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password