Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

pattywatty
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

Gonzaga College HS wins final regular season game and goes undefeated in WCAC defeating Bishop O'Connell at American University's Bender Arena this past Sunday...

Update: Added Exif data for those interested. Shot D4 with 70-200 and D3s with 24 1.4

William Stewart Photography 2013

NIKON D4    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8 lens    70mm    f/2.8    1/800s    6400 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NIKON D4    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8 lens    70mm    f/2.8    1/800s    6400 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NIKON D4    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8 lens    92mm    f/2.8    1/800s    6400 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NIKON D3S    24.0 mm f/1.4 lens    24mm    f/2.2    1/1000s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D3S    24.0 mm f/1.4 lens    24mm    f/2.2    1/1000s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Feb 19, 2013 at 07:36 PM · View previous versions

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Ben Amato
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

Nice action! Looks like you have good access at the facility. How far off the endline are you for 1 and 2? Still like the look of these.

Ben

Feb 19, 2013 at 07:15 PM
pattywatty
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

Ben Amato wrote:
Nice action! Looks like you have good access at the facility. How far off the endline are you for 1 and 2? Still like the look of these.

Ben

Thanks Ben! The home games for both teams were moved to Bender Arena at American University due to the magnitude of the rivalry between the two teams. This was the 2nd meeting between the two this year and Gonzaga's home game. Gonzaga trailed at the half and as much as 6 points towards the end of the 3rd quarter. Gonzaga finally got it going late in the 3rd and won the 4th. I was about 3 off the baseline and about 4 feet left of the goal support. The first 2 shots came in the first half and I was the only one on the my side of the goal while all of the other photogs (~4) were on the other side... Of course in the second half I move to the right side of the goal and miss the face on the last jamm (same guy as first 2 pics) which was a nice back door alley-oop.. No matter where you sit, it seems the refs always find a way to block some good shots..haha...

Feb 19, 2013 at 07:34 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

What in the world did you do to the colors in these photos? Was it your intention to do that?

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM
pattywatty
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

It's post processing and was my intention - not for everyone...

Feb 20, 2013 at 04:05 AM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

Really interesting shots and an unusual treatment. I particularly like the distortion introduced by the 24mm in the last shot. There is an almost old newspaper feel to your treatment.

Also interesting is the difference in rules between state associations. Even touching (much less hanging from) the rim here is an automatic technical and any points scored disallowed. They seem to have bent over backwards to stop what they label as "show boating."

Robert

Feb 20, 2013 at 07:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pattywatty
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

OntheRez wrote:
Really interesting shots and an unusual treatment. I particularly like the distortion introduced by the 24mm in the last shot. There is an almost old newspaper feel to your treatment.

Also interesting is the difference in rules between state associations. Even touching (much less hanging from) the rim here is an automatic technical and any points scored disallowed. They seem to have bent over backwards to stop what they label as "show boating."

Robert

Hey Robert - I go in cycles, once I get a look I like I tend to go with it awhile until another look gets my attention. I am trying to get that "vintage" look to the images. I used to almost always shoot all my sports tight and only recently have started to add a more loose and wide angle assortment to my shoots which I am starting to really enjoy - it adds more perspective to the shot just so long as there is enough interesting stuff going on around the main subject of the shots... I'm not really versed on the rules regarding hanging on the rim, etc. but obviously its not a big issue here or its only as long as they appear to be protecting themselves from injury...

Patrick

Feb 20, 2013 at 07:29 PM
mikepmcs
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

These are absolutely fantastic! Processing is awesome! Nice clarity and structure to the pics making the details pop just a little more(#2 being my favorite).
Great stuff.

Feb 21, 2013 at 01:13 PM
pattywatty
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

mikepmcs wrote:
These are absolutely fantastic! Processing is awesome! Nice clarity and structure to the pics making the details pop just a little more(#2 being my favorite).
Great stuff.

Thanks!

Feb 21, 2013 at 03:34 PM
BC Rob
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

I really like your post processing. Willing to share what you did?

Rob

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM
pattywatty
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

BC Rob wrote:
I really like your post processing. Willing to share what you did?

Rob

Rob - all done in LR4. I have a set of action presets from SLR Lounge - I believe these are started with the "Aged Photo" preset and then I just tweak shadows/highlights/clarity until I get it the way I want...

Feb 23, 2013 at 05:36 PM
BC Rob
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Gonzaga vs O'Connell - WCAC HS Hoops...

Thanks, I'll check it out

Rob

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password