Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Adorama Customer Service

molson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adorama Customer Service

Adorama recently announced new low-cost shipping to Canada, so I decided to give them a try and I placed an order for some Canon gear just before the rebates ended at the beginning of February. I hadn't purchased anything from Adorama for about 10 years, after they tried to rip me off for several thousand dollars on a refurbished EOS 1D purchase (where they didn't actually have the item in stock), but my recent experience is unfortunately turning out the same way...

I placed my order on the morning of February 1, and when I checked my order status on February 4 it showed my order as being "On Hold". Remembering my last bad experience, I emailed them asking to cancel the order if they did not intend to ship it. The following day my order status on their web site changed to "Invoiced" even though they had acknowledged receiving my cancellation request the previous day. Since then, the order status shows "Packed" but they have not shipped it yet, and my repeated requests for them to take some action - either ship it or refund my money - keep meeting with the same response, that they will have someone "look into it", but with no action being taken.

This situation is looking more and more like my previous nightmare experience, where I had to wait 30 days before my credit card company would take action to get my money back. How does a company like this stay in business?

Edited on Feb 18, 2013 at 06:20 PM · View previous versions

Feb 18, 2013 at 04:58 PM
Paul Mo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adorama Customer Service

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

http://www.flickr.com/people/22264746@N07/

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:05 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adorama Customer Service

Definitely not the same level of service that I've got from them. Sorry to hear about your story though.

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:09 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adorama Customer Service

beats me, molson, could be because some of us have long-standing histories with Adorama where we've never had a problem of any kind whatever regarding any transaction of any kind...YM obviously has varied I expect you already knew to contact Helen.

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:10 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adorama Customer Service

anthonysemone wrote:
I expect you already knew to contact Helen.

I've been dealing with their customer service department for two weeks trying to clear up this issue - I'm not sure how contacting their PR department is going to help matters...

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:21 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adorama Customer Service

what d'ya got to lose? some folks here have said she does a helluva good job at cutting red-tape.

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:23 PM
robbymack
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adorama Customer Service

I'd say this is the exception not the rule when dealing with adorama over the years. Email Helen she'll get it worked out for you.

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:33 PM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adorama Customer Service

molson wrote:
I've been dealing with their customer service department for two weeks trying to clear up this issue - I'm not sure how contacting their PR department is going to help matters...

Contact Helen,

She'll make sure things work out.

This is from experience.

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:35 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adorama Customer Service

molson wrote:

Ouch! I'm not PR!! I'm most definitely customer service - can you please email me with your original Internet order confirmation number (beginning with a letter A) plus the email address you used when placing your order and Ill get onto it right away

Helen@adorama.com

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:40 PM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adorama Customer Service

I'm always leery of people who post "Beware" messages on internet forums. Sometimes I'll see people post a message like that very early in the process -- before the buyer has properly dealt with the situation. They are willing to damage the reputation of a well established company like the flip of a switch. I hope that's not the case with your post.

It sounds like you went into the situation with a chip on your shoulder. I've had large items show on hold in the past because they try to protect against fraudulent purchases. When that happens, I call them up to clear up the situation. When you called them up with an ultimatum of shipping it or canceling the order, that sounds a bit standoffish. But, it does appear as though they decided to ship it as you requested. Perhaps there are other things to be taken into consideration with international shipping. In any case, the world isn't out to get you, and approaching them with a kind disposition works much better than posting "Beware" messages on internet forums.

Feb 18, 2013 at 05:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ralph Wagner
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adorama Customer Service

Sorry to see you're having issues with Adorama. I dealt with them for a long time now and a couple of times a hiccup did show up but they resolved them professionally and graciously.

-Ralph

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:00 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adorama Customer Service

Ben Horne wrote:
I'm always leery of people who post "Beware" messages on internet forums. Sometimes I'll see people post a message like that very early in the process -- before the buyer has properly dealt with the situation. They are willing to damage the reputation of a well established company like the flip of a switch. I hope that's not the case with your post.

It sounds like you went into the situation with a chip on your shoulder. I've had large items show on hold in the past because they try to protect against fraudulent purchases. When that happens, I call
...Show more

+1

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:00 PM
matt4626
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Adorama Customer Service

Never had any problems with Adorama....

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:22 PM
Beni
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Adorama Customer Service

Ben Horne wrote:

It sounds like you went into the situation with a chip on your shoulder. I've had large items show on hold in the past because they try to protect against fraudulent purchases. When that happens, I call
...Show more

+2

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:26 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Adorama Customer Service

Helen Oster wrote:
Ouch! I'm not PR!! I'm most definitely customer service - can you please email me with your original Internet order confirmation number (beginning with a letter A) plus the email address you used when placing your order and Ill get onto it right away

Helen@adorama.com

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Helen,

I've forwarded the entire email communication chain to you... hopefully you will have better luck at resolving this.

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:32 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Adorama Customer Service

molson -- Sorry to hear your problem.

I rate Adorama equal to B&H, which means very highly, and high satisfaction on quite a few transactions. Those are my go-to sources for new gear.

I'm sure it will be worked out for you.

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:39 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Adorama Customer Service

Gunzorro wrote:
molson -- Sorry to hear your problem.

I rate Adorama equal to B&H, which means very highly, and high satisfaction on quite a few transactions. Those are my go-to sources for new gear.

I'm sure it will be worked out for you.

+1

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:47 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Adorama Customer Service

$100.00 says Helen gets it taken care of.

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:50 PM
verbiage
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Adorama Customer Service

Sorry to hear about your problems, Molson.

Never had a problem with Adorama - and I was ordering from Canada, too.

Feb 18, 2013 at 06:54 PM
rick2906
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Adorama Customer Service

can't talk about adorama but I have been highly satisfied with b&h so far. REally good communication and cancel my order the same day when I made a mistake. B&h have good price,lightning fast shipping and the best customer service I've seen so far.

Feb 18, 2013 at 07:06 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password